(1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PB Contest Details [12/2]

RE: (1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PokéBeach Contest Details [12/2]

2.5 more hours!! I'm so excited I couldn't even sleep! :p

flfrf.png

Here ya go :D

MarioPikachu said:
I really hope they don't run out of the Victini Jumbo Card when I get there on Sunday. I would be enraged if it happened.

Same here I would've gone today but it's my brother's birthday and he is not into pokemon.:headbang
I just hope it will still be in stock. Good luck to you!:D

I'm back from the Victini movie and I LOVE the Victini jumbo card and I laughed at the mini-manga that you get xD

I went and they said they had never heard of the gift bag. I'm going to file a complaint and hopefully get my bag. It said everyone would get one, but the employee just asked me why people thought they would be getting these. :(

masterz13 said:
I went and they said they had never heard of the gift bag. I'm going to file a complaint and hopefully get my bag. It said everyone would get one, but the employee just asked me why people thought they would be getting these. :(

Weird, which theater was this, I went to the Philadelphia one and they gave it to me right after I paid for the ticket

AmStar 14 in Nicholasville, KY. I'm just upset because it said every theater would have some. I was one of the first ones there and they just claimed they never heard of it. I'm still here watching it, so I may go to the customer service desk after the movie.

masterz13 said:
AmStar 14 in Nicholasville, KY. I'm just upset because it said every theater would have some. I was one of the first ones there and they just claimed they never heard of it. I'm still here watching it, so I may go to the customer service desk after the movie.

Oh, well I wish you luck then, if anyone wants me to, I can make a scan of the Pokedex 3D code for whoever wants it

Enter me!
PS these are FROM the movie, taken by myself (Danbury CT)
http://twitter.com/#!/Xhjon/status/143050694751035392/photo/1
http://twitter.com/#!/Xhjon/status/143050772169506816/photo/1

We just got back from the West Chester (OH) Rave Theaters where we celebrated my youngest son's 10th birthday by taking him and several friends to see Pokemon White. We did get the gift bags, and everyone was impressed with the giant Victini card. :D The movie got a big thumbs up from all the boys and the birthday boy proclaimed it the best birthday ever. And yes, it really was his birthday today!

As for me, I think I actually preferred last year's movie with Zorua, both in terms of plot and overall aesthetics. There's a lot of obvious CGI in this movie--some of the effects are good, some just seem to call attention to the fact that they used CGI, if you know what I mean. Victini is really cute, a very appealing character, though. The story itself was sort of a middle of the pack offering. Nothing offensive, nothing especially memorable beyond simply the character of Victini. The boys really enjoyed getting to see it in the theater, though, so hats off to Pokemon and Cinedigm for making that possible. And we're all interested to see how Pokemon Black compares next weekend on Cartoon Network!

Zial said:
We just got back from the West Chester (OH) Rave Theaters where we celebrated my youngest son's 10th birthday by taking him and several friends to see Pokemon White. We did get the gift bags, and everyone was impressed with the giant Victini card. :D The movie got a big thumbs up from all the boys and the birthday boy proclaimed it the best birthday ever. And yes, it really was his birthday today!

As for me, I think I actually preferred last year's movie with Zorua, both in terms of plot and overall aesthetics. There's a lot of obvious CGI in this movie--some of the effects are good, some just seem to call attention to the fact that they used CGI, if you know what I mean. Victini is really cute, a very appealing character, though. The story itself was sort of a middle of the pack offering. Nothing offensive, nothing especially memorable beyond simply the character of Victini. The boys really enjoyed getting to see it in the theater, though, so hats off to Pokemon and Cinedigm for making that possible. And we're all interested to see how Pokemon Black compares next weekend on Cartoon Network!

I'm happy for you and your party and Happy Birthday to your little boy

Just got back from the movie with my younger sister and younger brother. They've never seen a Pokemon movie in theaters, so it was a blast!

We went to the Rave Ritz Center 16 in Voorhees, NJ and I was extremely disappointed to find out that the theater never got any of the gift bags. There were no posters and Pokemon wasn't on any of the movie listings, either! And the sign outside the auditorium where we were to watch the movie had the title of a different movie on it! I grumbled to my siblings about how Pokemon movies were done right back in "my day," causing them to think that being in your twenties means you saw dinosaurs roam the earth.

I was pleasantly surprised to see how many people showed up to see the movie! I almost expected the room to be half empty, but we had trouble finding three seats together and had to sit near the front because of how many people were there. There were mostly families with enthusiastic kids there, but there were also groups of nostalgic adults there who were happy for the chance to relive their childhood. Sitting in those seats waiting in anticipation for a Pokemon movie to start brought me back to when I dragged my parents to the theaters to see Mewtwo Strikes Back, the very first Pokemon movie. I still have the Mew and Electabuzz promos I got when I saw the movie way back when. [/nostalgia] :3

The movie itself was great. I'm a bit biased and believe that all the recent movies lack the storytelling flair that the older movies had. Despite that, though, the story was quite interesting and I absolutely loved how Ash and Victini's relationship grew. There's even a scene that is reminiscent of a certain poignant scene from the ever-so-awesome first movie. Most importantly, though, my little siblings loved it and couldn't stop talking about it on the ride home.

All in all, it was a great experience (although I really REALLY wanted the gift bag we were supposed to get :C). I hope the turnout will encourage future Pokemon movies to be shown in more theaters and with more advertisement. If you weren't able to make it to today's showings, definitely go to see it tomorrow! [I'm probably gonna go see it again at a different theater just to try to get the gift bag! ;D]

I just came back from the Jamaica Multiplex Theater in Queens, NY. Luckily I bought my tickets online and printed them out, since I got there right as the movie started. Sadly, the theater was half empty. I was hoping for a large turnout for this kind of thing. Review is in spoiler since I mention plot related events.

Overall, I thought it was nice movie. It wasn't particularity spectacular, but it wasn't bad either. I feel the theater atmosphere helped enhance the mood. I'm kind of glad that Ash wasn't some destined person to fix everything. Other than befriending Victini and reviving Zekrom (I assume it will be Reshiram in the counterpart movie), Ash didn't do a lot. One thing he did do that made me cringe involved removing the power source (Victini) for a flying castle. Yes, you should help Pokemon, but that's just going to cause the castle to fall from the sky. Otherwise, it was a nice movie and the "antagonist" was generally good, just missing some key information that would have changed his plans. Zekrom and Reshiram fought a little, but quickly allied after seeing things getting messed up. It's nice to see them be fairly rational instead of having a blind rivalry.

I'm interested in seeing how the Black version will go. I'm sure it will be mostly the same, but I can already see where some of the difference will be.[/quote]

Great flick! Loved the Tornadus cameo toward the end! We saw it at an AMC theatre in Houston TX.

sl1xsl.jpg

OOOOOMG IT WAS A REALLY GOOD MOVIE I GOT A LITTLE SAD WHEN ASH WAS DYING AND I LOVED HOW DID THE MOVIE LOOKED IT WAS I DUNNO A DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE, I LIKED THE POKEMON BATTLES AT THE BEGINNING AND THE SONG WAS REALLY GOOD. AND I DIDNT GET ANYTHING EITHER I REALLY WANTED THE VICTINI CARD :mad: I ASKED THEM IF THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO GIVE AWAY SOMETHING AND THEY SAID NO. BUT ANYWAYS I REALLY LIKED THE MOVIE.
I WENT TO AMC star Southfield 20, 25333 West 12 Mile Rd. Southfield, MI 48034
I AM DEFINITELY WATCHING IT AGAIN EITHER ON CN OR ON DVD :p

I went to the Savoy 16 theaters in Savoy, IL. I was disappointed, to say the least. The sound quality was VERY badly off. It sounded like half of the speakers in the theater were turned off. I know that some of the background music is fantastic in Pokemon movies. And I couldn't hear it correctly. Also, the theater that I went to was NEVER SENT THE PROMO ITEMS!!! That in particular pissed me off. You promise stuff to your customers, you deliver on your promise. I'm not complaining about not getting free stuff. I'm complaining about a promise not being delivered upon.

Also, there was no poster anywhere near the theater, inside or out. About the best I could do was to get a picture by the marquee above the individual theater. There was nothing on the outside of the theater to say that Pokemon was there. There was nothing INSIDE the theater showing the movie was actually playing there. This was just a bad performance from everybody involved.

mail

(BTW, yes, that's me wearing my Pokemon Rocks America 2005 staff shirt and my Pokemon 10th Anniversary Staff jacket. I have an entire WARDROBE of this stuff.)

As far as the movie... SPOILER TAG!!!

I just wish that they'd treat us like people, rather than children. Ash has got to be the most oblivious hero in the history of television and film. He jumps about 100 feet in the air, and doesn't suspect anything. His macaroons (macarons? what are those?) get stolen right out of his hand, and he doesn't feel it. He doesn't realize that people around him actually feel when they're touched. His treatment of Victini is particularly atrocious. Pokemon are like dogs. You have to earn their trust, it's not given to you.

Iris and Cilan are just bloody lapdogs. It's insulting. They follow this idiot wherever he wants to go, and they don't question any decision he makes, even if it's the dumbest thing they've ever seen. Such as Ash going out on a 3 inch ledge to save some Deerling.

The incidental characters have no weight behind them. There's nothing to make me feel for any of them. Actually, Damon is the one character that I feel for. And it's nothing but pity. He's evil, and he doesn't realize it. Most of the bad guys are at least self-aware of their badness. This guy just follows this great fire dragon to the pits of Hades and back.

There was nothing in the movie that made me actually want to cheer for any of them. There was no weight. Nothing to even give the appearance that what they were doing actually mattered. Yes, yes, fate of the world and all that loveliness. Doctor Who deals with the Fate of the World just about every damn week, and they manage in 45 minutes what Pokemon generally fails to do in twice that time.

The VAs were just flat. You can tell they were mostly in it for a paycheck. They did nothing to sell the world. They just read their lines and collected their monies. I don't know if that's the atrocious translation that was probably intended to get a G rating (which the film would have gotten anyway), the annoying lip flap that they have to match (though other television animes get past their lip flap problems much better than this), or whatever. But they just didn't seem to put forth the effort required to sell a world or a movie.

The whole package was just flat. It was not good. It was better than terrible, due to the fantastic computer animation (the flat animation was stilted at best). I felt more from the images than from the sounds of the film. Both should be perfectly in sync for a film to sell its world.

I would give this film 3 out of 10 stars, all because of the amazing computer animation and sweeping camera angles.

Awesome movie! It waas great! 10/10 stars! Zekrom's voice sounds awesome! The goodies bag was cool, too.
Is this were we post pictures of ourselves for the 2nd contest?

Since my theater didn't have the Victini poster (nor the free gift bags), I'll have to post a screenshot below. I thought the voices were great, especially Zekrom, but why was Reshiram's a male voice? Reshiram is supposedly a female, at least that's what the game directors said in an interview once. Also, I was blown away at the CGI effects; Pokemon has come really far since the first couple of movies. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

xdcns7.png

I saw the movie at Megaplex 20 today. It rocked! Though I thought Team Rocket was a little pointless, and the voice actors could have been better. So yah this is my opinion on the movie. The goodies were freaking awesome and I will definitely see the black hero on Cartoon Network

For the movie contest :D
-MrGulpin

Back