(1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PB Contest Details [12/2]

RE: (1) Movie 14 Goodies This Weekend + PokéBeach Contest Details [12/2]

Just saw pokemon the movie white Victini and Zekrom the shiny Hydreigon was amazing Victini was so cute. The only thing that bothered me was Zekrom and Reshiram's voice but then again Mewtwo was the only good voiced pokémon.

came back from the
AMC Empire 25
234 West 42nd Street
New York, NY 10036
and didnt see a poster for the movie with my niece.to top it off there was no gift bag either.the theatre was half full not bad but about 10 or 13 of us were expecting the gift bag as well but nothing.we talked to one of the supervisors there and he was kindly enough to give us his card so in case tomorrow they have the stuff they will just give it to us instead if we have our ticket.apparently almost all the theatres in nyc didnt get the bag and most of them didnt even know there was suppose to be one given out at all.so instead they gave us a lithograph from harry potter and the goblet of fire.it was something at the least but was expecting the big victini card and the stuff inside.

as for the movie itself it was decent the voices were pretty good.the opening was interesting to see and the back story of how the legend began and stuff was good to watch for a small amount of time.seeing both reshiram and zekrom comming out from their perspective ball was very good since in the game they did the same thing.reshiram's and zekrom's voice was interesting but wished they had said some more instead of just roaring.seeing the shiny pokemon in the movie was good as well since we have not seen some in awhile.there were some funny moments but team rocket was completely pointless in the movie to say the least.victini's voice was a cute voice and it was nice to see it do things and try to help ash when he was almost in the blink of death.overall a nice movie to go to and its been ages since the last pokemon movie was in theatres

there was maybe 50 people in the theater this morning. I thought there'd be more since they're only doing one showing a day @ the AMC in Ontario, CA. Sadly, there wasn't any movie poster up at all :( I may go tomorrow about 5 minutes after the movie starts and ask for the extra victini cards ;)

as for the review; I wish there was more of a pokemon battle theme to it, and they never showed who won the tournament. But I did like how Victini was throughout the movie.
EDIT: did anyone get a bag other than some clear plastic one? Cuz $6 a ticket for an AM showing is kinda lame. Especially when one ticket is for a 5yr old. The nylon backpackish bags would have made it better.

I saw it today at the Rave cinemas in Miamisburg Ohio. It was me and a small army of cute little kids lined up at the doors (and my hubby who I dragged there. I got some stares as I was wearing pokeballs on my belt and carrying my plush Snivy (28 year-old woman in costume...).

I thought the first 40 minutes or so were great but then it started to be very formulaic (Grrr... don't mess with nature!). Victini was awesome, and so were the legendarys (though it bugs me how they always have male voice actors), and there was even a flash of Tornadus during the credits. ^_^ It suffered from a SEVER lack of Snivy though, and why the heck were they calling them macarons instead of macaroons? :/

I attended my screening at the AMC Veterans 24 in Tampa, FL.

My trip to see “POKÉMON THE MOVIE: WHITE VICTINI AND ZEKROM” was a very enjoyable experience. I admit when I first saw the movie opening, I would have wished for a widescreen display as I find movies in widescreen very beautiful. The opening started out nice with the usual narrator doing his thing. I was disappointed that I didn’t get to see the trainers from the Black and White game Hilbert or Hilda, but oh well. I was also disappointed to see that Team Rocket had very little interference with the movie.

Though I guess I can’t blame them considering that ever since the end of Diamond and Pearl, their hijinks seem less on the funny and bumbling side. I did find it ironic that I saw Meowth all allied with Jesse and James considering I had just come from seeing Meowth court a Purrloin with Ash and the gang when I arrived to the theater. Speaking of bumbling, I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Ash, already at the beginning of the movie, being stupid and almost falling because he was helping Deerling. Oh wait………….yeah I can actually believe it. My goodness that was embarrassing for me and I wasn’t even the one it happened to. Then you had to do it again during the pond scene with Victini *face slap*.

And once again, you had to one pull one out that you were going to be a Pokémon Master Ash. I’m sorry but at this point, no one cares! I was more than grateful for hearing an opening theme to the movie this time. The fact that many Pokémon fans aren’t pleased with the fact that dub openings are way too short these days, the full length version of “Black and White” is sure to be a recipe for success among many. I found the battling during the opening theme quite pleasant.

It looks like we had a café maid/Gothorita cosplayer on the scene. We also had a kid with a Samurott who I guess was trying to sport a Samurott hair due, but I tell you it looked more like Deino, weird. The CGI was magnificent and much more booming than on Television. In my opinion, the best CGI moments were when Reshiram let out a tremendous burst of fire later on in the movie (I believe it also busted out CGI fire during its fight with Golurk). I also loved the CGI Solosis and Duosion wall as well as Klink, Klank, and Klinklang trio and the popup book all in their CGI motion. How can I not mention how satisfied I was at the shininess on the big screen; the shiny Hydreigon was enough to make my skin tingle.

For me, the funniest and most ridiculous part of the movie was that fact that a teeny, tiny Tepig was able to blast a big, bad Samurott with a nose full of fire. In addition to that, the whole Samurott slapping Tepig to the cart thing wasn’t so bad either *tee-hee*. I very much liked the voices on Zekrom and Reshiram, proving once again you don’t need to be the main legendary and psychic to talk in the movie. Zekrom kind of sounded like the Funimation dubbed voice for Crocodile and Reshiram kind of sounded like Lugia from the 2nd movie. I also like how there were a lot of touching moments during the movie with the right background music to go with it (I even shed tears when Victini looked at its master the second time).

The only thing I didn’t like is when Ash tried to save Victini. At that point, it didn’t seem bad that Damon wanted to use the power of Victini to help his people and that Ash would do something stupid to mess up a good thing. I don’t know, but that’s just the way I felt. To wrap it up, you did a great job Cinedigm and I wouldn’t mind attending the screening of “POKÉMON THE MOVIE: BLACK VICTINI AND RESHIRAM” if you do so choose to show it (despite its airing on Cartoon Network next week).

BTW where on Cinedigm's site does it talk about the photo contest? I can't find it anywhere!

I attended AMC Regency 24 in Jacksonville Fl. I thought the movie was pretty good it had an interesting story and i like the part about discovering the dragons. I wish their was a little bit more battle scenes like maybe Victini battle golurk and was captured just before Ash got to the top alot of it was just one little nudge and something would crumble. They also didnt have Victini poster. But overal really good. :)

Nice reviews, but only one of them looked promising regarding the amount of people that came. It stinks to hear that there was no promotion or even posters at some of the theaters.

This movie was very interesting! In my opinion, this movie provoked many emotions in me. Victini was a very adorable, funny, and reliable pokemon in this movie, a lot of the time, he would do something funny and cute and everybody in the theater would go hysterical. When Zekrom appeared towards the end, he said something that reminded me of Star Wars {F} [/font][/size], with made me laugh. The movie also got very sad towards the end, and if my best friend wasn't with me watching it also, I probably would have started to tear up. Also, I had one nice woman next to me, when I brought my Victini, she said "Did you get that in the movie bag, it is so cute, I wish my boyfriend could of been here." I would rate this movie in a 1-10 scale, (one being the worst and ten being the best) about 9.5 out of ten.[size=medium] ;)

Ryley said:
I attended AMC Regency 24 in Jacksonville Fl. I thought the movie was pretty good it had an interesting story and i like the part about discovering the dragons. I wish their was a little bit more battle scenes like maybe Victini battle golurk and was captured just before Ash got to the top alot of it was just one little nudge and something would crumble. They also didnt have Victini poster. But overal really good. :)

Same here, I also couldn't find the Victini poster, may I use a scan of my movie ticket stub to count?

The movie was pretty sweet im not gunna lie, IMO its in the top 2 or 3 of pokemon movies. I went to the Rave theatre in Houston, TX and there was no indicaion that it was showing what so ever, there was no poster, and it was not even up on the board that showed the movie times, also the bags where kinda a let down I mean the Victini card was cool and all but I had my hopes set a little high.
But all in all it was a good movie and the "goodie bag" was free so im not complaning :)

Element_Enigma said:
The movie was pretty sweet im not gunna lie, IMO its in the top 2 or 3 of pokemon movies. I went to the Rave theatre in Houston, TX and there was no indicaion that it was showing what so ever, there was no poster, and it was not even up on the board that showed the movie times, also the bags where kinda a let down I mean the Victini card was cool and all but I had my hopes set a little high.
But all in all it was a good movie and the "goodie bag" was free so im not complaning :)

I actually liked the Gift Bag and I like the Pokedex 3D Code, Mini-Manga and of course, the Jumbo Victini card

:mad:

I'm jealous of you guys. You're lucky that you had a theater by where you live, and got all of that free stuff. The nearest one to me is a few hours away, and I'm sorry, but I don't have the money to spend on the gas there, which would probably equal the amount of the movie doubled.

We won the super bowl, can't Green Bay get some more love?

I'm not interested in the contest, but I figured I should post about my experience anyway.

I went to the Amstar Stadium 12 Lake Mary, Florida showing. I saw a group of kids taking their photo in front of the poster outside, so I'm hoping to see if they post here or if they're with another site (or maybe they were just doing it for fun). My brothers and I went, and we got there 40 minutes early just to make sure we were able to get a good seat. This proved to be mostly pointless, as there were only 9 or 10 other people seated when we got there. Thankfully, more people showed up as it neared the showing time, and when everyone was seated the turnout was better than I'd expected. My brothers and I were able to get the seats in the middle of the very back.

Out of the people who showed up, I'd say it was 70-80% kids and their parents, and the rest were older teens / people over 20. Before the film started a few people were talking about the games, and the majority of people had their DS systems out and playing (myself included). I didn't get to battle anyone or trade with anyone, but I was finally able to use the Survey Radar mechanism of the C-Gear. At one point an older girl asked to everyone how they'd heard of the movies and if they frequented any of the fan sites, and a lot of the people there said they frequented fan sites. (I didn't hear anyone say PokéBeach, though.) Despite the fact I felt I should represent the site, I was too far back from everyone else and too nervous to just yell out "PokéBeach!" xD Later I heard her (or someone else) saying something about how Gray Version had been confirmed and that it would have two versions. Not really sure that's true. :/

After a while two of the theatre's staff came around and handed out the goodies to anyone who wanted them. Everyone was able to get some, and they had some left over in the end. After that people resumed playing their games until the "Please turn off all cellphones and other electronic devices" message came onto the screen. After some trailers, the film started. Here's my review:

I want to start off saying seeing a Pokémon film in theatres again was amazing. The experience alone was worth the money. The film, however, was not exactly one of my favorites.

The plot seemed a little... Weird. We're told about how a "Dragon Force" runs through the entire world of Pokémon and keeps the world in order. While I found it cool that something like that is associated with Dragons, it just seemed too random for me to really get behind. (Plus, every time it was mentioned I simply couldn't help but think of the band Dragonforce. Every time they'd say "The Dragon Force is out of control!" I'd laugh and think their guitarist was doing a crazy solo.) I also disliked the crystal paths within the Sword of the Vale (the places the Light and Dark stones rested). It was too convenient that every time someone looked away, the chosen one (at one point Damon, and at another point Ash) would be at some other point on the crystals and the person / people with them would go "LOL How'd you get down there?!" to which the chosen one would reply, "LOL I DUNNO!!!" and then someone remarks something along the lines of "the path chooses who can move on." Really, it was a lame idea. Anyone could just jump down to a lower part of the crystals, or... I dunno, just walk on the crystals until they reached a lower point. (But we're supposed to believe doing so is impossible.) I wondered what would happen if they tied a rope to the chosen one, or held their hand... Would they have been able to travel lower, as well?

The other aspects of the plot were alright, except for the Pillars of Protection (or whatever they were called). After they'd been destroyed by Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini, did they just go away? Were they not needed anymore? Two other things bugged me, but I could overlook them: Damon's hardheadedness and Vicini wanting to return to the original location of the Sword of the Vale. It's understandable to a point that Damon would want to finish moving the Sword of the Vale, but I think it took too long for him to come to his senses. And I understand the sentimental aspect behind Victini wanting to go back to the Pokémon in the area around Eindoak, but after all Ash does to bring it to the sea... It just seemed too rushed. (A lot of the movie's pacing seemed rushed, especially at the end.)

Visually, the film had some high points and some low points. Of course the scenery and attack effects were top-notch, and the animation used in the tournament at the start was amazing. However, the overall quality of the people drawn was at a low in several parts of the film. The Pokémon looked alright most of the time, but there are some really obvious parts of the film where the people on screen aren't drawn as well as they could have been.

The music was, for the most part, just "okay". It wasn't anything amazing, but it wasn't terrible, either.

Overall, I'd give the film a 7 (or at best, 8) out of 10. An enjoyable film with some low points that could have been made better.

Also, on a side note, I wanted to count how many times someone fell down in this movie. It happened a lot, especially with Ash.

Really, the experience was great and it's something I hope I'll be able to do again. Before going to the film I thought of making quick little paintings of Victini + Damon + Zekrom to hand out to people (I'd sign it with the Xous watermark and probably mention PokéBeach on it), but I decided against it. In the end, I guess it was the right choice since I didn't get to speak to anyone.

Man oh man, this might might have been the best Pokemon movie yet. I know it was the second Pokemon movie ever to move me to tears (the first being Pokemon 4Ever). In fact, there were two scenes that made me misty-eyed - Victini's dream where he sees days, months, and years go by in an instant, and (of course) the climax. The surround sound at the Pompano Beach, Florida, location made the experience all the more realistic. And Victini's antics were simply adorable. :D

The only hang-up I had about the movie was the way Damon pronounced Reuniclus: REE-yoo-NICK-lus. Just didn't sound right. :rolleyes:

I saw it and I cried when victini and ash died . I clap , whisled and cheedred at the end . Im seeing it again tommorow with my new friend I met there so im going to be happy. THANKS POKEBEACH FOR THIS POKETASTIC CONTEST!!!!

The movie was awesome!!!!!! A lot of laughs and some sad parts. I cannot wait to watch it on cartoonnetwork to compare the 2 movies =). Oh Btw, Saw it at Westfield santa anita

Who knows what it'll feel like watching Black next week. White I think is the best movie I've seen that is Pokemon related. The free goodies were cool too. I saw a shiny Dragon Pulse too. At least I thought I did. Did anybody else catch that?
I saw White at Park Place 16 in Morrisville, NC

VastWhite said:
Who knows what it'll feel like watching Black next week. White I think is the best movie I've seen that is Pokemon related. The free goodies were cool too. I saw a shiny Dragon Pulse too. At least I thought I did. Did anybody else catch that?

What dragon pluse im seeing it again tommorow

The negatives. For a black and white film, it was good, but it wasn't the same as Pokemon 2000, I think maybe it's because it was at 11:00AM, where I was, so not many people were there. The story wasn't that great in my opinion, but it was black and white.

The positives: Victini was cute, it was like mew/celebi kind of with the healing powers and eating the macaroons (lol) It was interesting to see the other pokemon the movie, I felt that Resirham was like Lugia in the old film. There was great animation, and the dubbing was okay, it wasn't great. I still had to see what it was like to go see a Pokemon on the big screen again.

Back