(1) Modified Format Officially Next Destinies-On, New B/W-On Format Coming in 2014-2015 [7/16]

Reggie McGigas

-
first
Wow, this doesnt remove much besides gothetelle and elektrik. I personally would have made it Dragons Exhalted on. No Pokemon Catcher, no N, no Darkrai, no Sableye, it really shakes up the format.

frogot klinklang

Blah

DBT
Read as "Banlist confirmed! Klinklang, Gothitelle, Energy Switch, Energy Retrieval and Eels are no longer legal."

I'm not one to complain about TPCi's descisions, but it does seem a little silly to have this over no rotation. I'll miss Klinklang D:

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Blah said:
Read as "Banlist confirmed! Klinklang, Gothitelle, Energy Switch, Energy Retrieval and Eels are no longer legal."

Energy Switch is in the Mewtwo/Genesect deck.

Blah

DBT
Point taken, although there's no confirmation that we'll get it (as mentioned above me, we never seem to get the Catcher reprints that Japan always gets). I would be very pleased if we see a reprint of Energy Switch in Plasma Blast though; it's a balanced card that I think truly does enhance the game.

theducktamer

Tamer of all Ducks!
^ There doesn't seem to be any "new" format... :/ By that news, it looks like they're hanging on tightly to the old!

I will, however, deeply miss playing Klinklang!

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
So there's going to be a new Format added to the TCG aside from Modified and Unlimited except it allows the use of the Black and White sets that have just recently rotated out of Modified? I just find it silly for TPCi to create a new Format in the TCG that allows players to play Catcher and Big Basics once they rotate out late next year only while in Modified the XY sets should hopefully bring more balance to the TCG. Big Basics are terrible game design that severely reduces the amount of skill played in alot of decks that could've had the potential to be competitive but instead they're not.

As for the Next Destinies-On Rotation for the Modified 2014-2015 Season, I'm not surprised. We lost Eels, Goth Lock, and Klinklang but other than that the format is no different than it was before. We still have Catcher keeping Big Basics in check to prevent Blastoise/Keldeo from becoming BDIF, sure there's also Genesect/Virizion on the horizon but aside from that until the XY Series drastically changes the metagame the TCG as of now is still kind of stagnant. It's still pretty fun but not as fun as previous formats before like HGSS-BW, MD-On, or even DP-On. MD-On I think was one of the best formats I played in.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
BW-on format in 2014? Psh. Unless it's Palace Format style, it's going to suck.

And since I know a lot of you are wondering, here's a laundry list of stuff we're keeping and losing from BW-NV:

Cards we're losing:
Samurott BW (possibility of future reprint)
Klinklang BW
Cinccino BW
Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion EPO
Gothitelle EPO (possibility of future reprint)
Klinklang EPO
Victini NVI (all 3 of them, but Victory Star has an EBB reprint so it may stay)
Vanilluxe NVI (noooooooooo ;-;)
Eelektrik NVI
Trubbish NVI (the one with 1 retreat)
Cobalion NVI

Crushing Hammer (possibility of future reprint)
Energy Retrieval (possibility of future reprint)
Energy Switch (possibility of future reprint)
Full Heal
PlusPower
Pokedex
Pokemon Communication (possibility of future reprint?)
Recycle
Revive
Super Scoop Up

Cards we're keeping (reprinted):
Emboar BW (shiny reprint in NXD)
Reshiram and Zekrom BW (reprints in NXD)
Reuniclus BW (shiny reprint in DRX)
Zoroark BW (shiny reprint in NXD)
Thundurus/Tornadus EPO (reprint as a BW Promo)
Virizion NVI (shiny reprint in Megalo-Cannon; will most likely be in Plasma Blast)
Kyurem NVI (reprint as a BW promo)
Chandelure NVI (shiny reprint in NXD)
Archeops NVI (shiny reprint in DEX)
Terrakion NVI (shiny reprint in BCR)
Landorus NVI (reprint as a BW Promo)
Hydreigon NVI (shiny reprint in NXD)

Bianca
Cheren
Energy Search
Eviolite
Great Ball
Max Potion
N
Poke Ball (lol)
Pokemon Catcher (ugh)
Potion
Professor Juniper
Rocky Helmet
Super Rod
Switch

...don't feel like going through the promos just yet. I might a little later, but I don't think there's any promo of note we're losing from BW01 to BW32.
Also I am not sure about the promo numbers of the 3 genies, but I think they're less than 32...

NoDice

Pancham=PURE AWESOME
DNA said:
BW-on format in 2014? Psh. Unless it's Palace Format style, it's going to suck.

And since I know a lot of you are wondering, here's a laundry list of stuff we're keeping and losing from BW-NV:

Cards we're losing:
Samurott BW (possibility of future reprint)
Zoroark BW
Klinklang BW
Cinccino BW
Virizion/Terrakion/Cobalion EPO
Thundurus/Tornadus EPO (possibility of future reprint)
Gothitelle EPO (possibility of future reprint)
Klinklang EPO
Victini NVI (all 3 of them, but Victory Star has an EBB reprint so it may stay)
Vanilluxe NVI (noooooooooo ;-;)
Kyurem NVI (possibility of future reprint)
Eelektrik NVI
Trubbish NVI (the one with 1 retreat)
Landorus NVI
Cobalion NVI

Crushing Hammer (possibility of future reprint)
Energy Retrieval (possibility of future reprint)
Energy Switch (possibility of future reprint)
Full Heal
PlusPower
Pokedex
Pokemon Communication (possibility of future reprint?)
Recycle
Revive
Super Scoop Up

Cards we're keeping (reprinted):
Emboar BW (shiny reprint in NXD)
Reshiram and Zekrom BW (reprints in NXD)
Reuniclus BW (shiny reprint in DRX)
Virizion NVI (shiny reprint in Megalo-Cannon; will most likely be in Plasma Blast)
Chandelure NVI (shiny reprint in NXD)
Archeops NVI (shiny reprint in DEX)
Terrakion NVI (shiny reprint in BCR)
Hydreigon NVI (shiny reprint in NXD)

Bianca
Cheren
Energy Search
Eviolite
Great Ball
Max Potion
N
Poke Ball (lol)
Pokemon Catcher (ugh)
Potion
Professor Juniper
Rocky Helmet
Super Rod
Switch

...don't feel like going through the promos just yet. I might a little later, but I don't think there's any promo of note we're losing from BW01 to BW32.
Also I am not sure about the promo numbers of the 3 genies, but I think they're less than 32...

Zoroark BW was reprinted as a shiny in NXD FYI.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Kyurem NVI is still legal because of its promo reprint BW44...

Landorus is also reprinted in EBB...

I still think we may get EBB... Like I said in the other post, if the XY Beginning sets are coming in November, the main set will be released later (most likely December)... And I don't really think they're going to sync the TCG... TPCi is always changing the japanese sets, adding stuff that's not there or delaying stuff, japan makes dual sets, they just join them... TPCi doesn't care about the concept of japanese sets...

Momaster12

The Temporal Destroyer
Wait, so the 2013-2014 season after worlds will be NXD-on, but the 2014-2015 season will be BLW-on... Something seems weird about that imo.

Luispipe8

Pokémon Professor
Momaster12 said:
Wait, so the 2013-2014 season after worlds will be NXD-on, but the 2014-2015 season will be BLW-on... Something seems weird about that imo.

It will be ANOTHER format besides Unlimited and Modified.

Skulblaka_Shur'tugal

Zippy Says Hi!
If they don't sync up the TCG, that means we'll be almost 6 months into the generation before we get any Gen 6 cards (outside of promos). I don't think they'll want to do that to themselves; they can potentially lose a LOT of players and collectors, who may think they just completely forgot about the card game.

Salamencetrainer34

I am out of smash codes.
DNA, heres what is a promo (Legal promo)

Kyurem NVI
Landorus NVI (Full art promo!)
Tornadus + Thunderus (Promos along with landorus)
Zoroark is a BW shiny

Victory star victini is sadly rotated for real. The promo is BW32.

Oh yeah, then great news! The new tins will have no: Black and white, Black and white emerging powers (Debatable) or BW noble victories!

Envoyofduels

Aspiring Trainer
Metalizard said:
Kyurem NVI is still legal because of its promo reprint BW44...

Landorus is also reprinted in EBB...

I still think we may get EBB... Like I said in the other post, if the XY Beginning sets are coming in November, the main set will be released later (most likely December)... And I don't really think they're going to sync the TCG... TPCi is always changing the japanese sets, adding stuff that's not there or delaying stuff, japan makes dual sets, they just join them... TPCi doesn't care about the concept of japanese sets...

Landorus is a promo bw43, he is safe and so are Thundurus and tornadus.

Which make the only FA card to be rotated out (assuming we do not get BB), Cobalion and Victini.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Oh, Kyurem was 44? I thought it was 24. I forgot about Zoroark shiny reprint as well.
What are the promo numbers for the 3 genies? Are they more than 32?

edit: asdf thanks envoy
*goes to fix*

superman

Aspiring Trainer
Water Pokémon Master said:
From what I gather, this "new" format will take place after Worlds, but will resume back to BW-ON later during the season? Am I understanding this correctly?