(1) Modified Format Officially Next Destinies-On, New B/W-On Format Coming in 2014-2015 [7/16]

superman said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
From what I gather, this "new" format will take place after Worlds, but will resume back to BW-ON later during the season? Am I understanding this correctly?

I insist... It'll be a DIFFERENT format BESIDES Unlimited and Modified.

This is all super confusing to me -_-

While I am sad about the NVI sets (I loved Eels and Cobalion/Virizion/Terrakon) and possibly Energy Switch assuming no reprint, what I am more interested about is does this change the legal sets for the Klaczynski Open?

P.S I feel I butchered that name.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
If they don't sync up the TCG, that means we'll be almost 6 months into the generation before we get any Gen 6 cards (outside of promos). I don't think they'll want to do that to themselves; they can potentially lose a LOT of players and collectors, who may think they just completely forgot about the card game.

It's sad but it's true, not only that the TCG must sync up with the VG, but the international TCG must sync up with Japan's TCG, meaning, we must release it after Japan release theirs. It is highly impossible for international markets to get entire sets before Japan does. TPCi doesn't make the game, the Japanese people do. They don't want nations outside of Japan to get their set before the Japanese do. Since it is most likely that Japan is getting XY1 in December, we are most likely probably delaying our November release to December, in hopes of getting a simultaneous TCG release with Japan, or we just release it in January or February if a simultaneous release is impossible.

In case people haven't noticed about the new BW-on format, look at MTG's modern format, and WoWTCG's Contemporary format. It isn't BW-on, it is BW-on till the end of time as we know it. Sort of like how Contemporary is Worldbreaker on, and Modern is 8th edition on, all day err day.

Considering the code cards are an awfully crappy prize support for league, I think perhaps we may see the potential return of POP packs.
That's just a thought though. It would be nice to have. Also keeping in mind that we are missing too many things - so why not shove it into prize support?

It attracts more people to the game, and won't damage it like the code cards have.

Anybody know what they mean by a new B&W On format? I'm guessing we're getting X&Y at the same time, and then they will switch to BW on because of EBB

raymond25962 said:
Anybody know what they mean by a new B&W On format? I'm guessing we're getting X&Y at the same time, and then they will switch to BW on because of EBB

It's hard to say because the official site doesn't give much information. All it had was a quick blurb that WPM quoted word-for-word in the News Article (everything next to the vertical line). Considering it'll be over a year before the new format comes into play, and we won't get any official information until much closer to that time, all we can do is speculate. Best I can say is, like WPM says, hold onto your BW-era cards if you think you might be interested in the new format.

It isn't hard to understand this new BW on format.

BW on in 2015.
BW on in 2025.
BW on in 2165.

As time goes on, more and more sets get added in the BW on format, but would eventually be rotated out in modified.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
If they don't sync up the TCG, that means we'll be almost 6 months into the generation before we get any Gen 6 cards (outside of promos). I don't think they'll want to do that to themselves; they can potentially lose a LOT of players and collectors, who may think they just completely forgot about the card game.

Preview tins.

Reggie McGigas said:
first
Wow, this doesnt remove much besides gothetelle and elektrik. I personally would have made it Dragons Exhalted on. No Pokemon Catcher, no N, no Darkrai, no Sableye, it really shakes up the format.

frogot klinklang

Your idea would make the format even more broken than it already is. Catcher makes this format still playable. It has been explained countless times.

Anyway, this new format is just as boring due to all the EXs still being alive.

signofzeta said:
It isn't hard to understand this new BW on format.

BW on in 2015.
BW on in 2025.
BW on in 2165.

As time goes on, more and more sets get added in the BW on format, but would eventually be rotated out in modified.

That's the same theory I had about this.
It mentions it can be used in sanctioned events too so...

This is just giving us sort of an unlimited format without being as broken as unlimited.

I think the reason the "new" format being bw-on is for consistency. It basically becomes an unlimited format without the need for house rules with regards to pokepowers/pokebodies/abilities

Bw on format also helps players not get confused with the many potions over the years.

MTG has block constructed. I wish Pokemon tcg has a generational constructed. Examples are:

Neo
E-card
ex
DP and Platinum
HS
BW

To check the legality is to look at the card border.

Hey guys whats EBB, I've seen many of you guys use that acronym, also i like the idea of having this new format. This way people don't have to spend a lot of money if they already had an EX- themed decked around, for example Darkrai. Poor Rayqueza decks though.

SpaceCowboy said:
Hey guys whats EBB, I've seen many of you guys use that acronym, also i like the idea of having this new format. This way people don't have to spend a lot of money if they already had an EX- themed decked around, for example Darkrai. Poor Rayqueza decks though.

EX.....tremely bad behavior. Yeah, that's it.

SpaceCowboy said:

Probably for the Japanese (mostly) Reprint set EX Battle Boost that recently came out. No word on if it's coming out here or not.

dmaster out.

I came back into the cards with Boundaries Crossed so I don't know how rotations would usually work, but isnt it entiley possible for them to allow as low as net destinies for maybe like a year or two and then do another rotation because they will have more XY sets out I mean as is the rotations would end up having more than ten sets not so long after XY release, that's seems kind of full for a rotation from my perspective.

I'd be kinda disappointed if it wasn't Grass/Ghost, but oh well. If it doesn't evolve I'm probably not gonna catch one but it would be so cool if it had another tree counterpart and they kinda did the same thing they did in RB with caterpie/weedle; Where they weren't version exclusives, but in one version you had a higher chance of encountering one than you did in the other version

ECHOxLegend said:
I came back into the cards with Boundaries Crossed so I don't know how rotations would usually work, but isnt it entiley possible for them to allow as low as net destinies for maybe like a year or two and then do another rotation because they will have more XY sets out I mean as is the rotations would end up having more than ten sets not so long after XY release, that's seems kind of full for a rotation from my perspective.

They usually rotate every year, so yeah. I really doubt they'll keep ND-On for the 2014-2015 season. It'll be something like PS-On or whatever. But the side format will allow you to play with all the rotated cards from Black & White, Emerging Powers, Noble Victories, and any of the other sets that they decide to rotate as well as all the new ones. It'll basically just be an ever increasing side-format, separate from the main one.

dmaster out.

Back