(1) Mega Charizard X Revealed During 'Pokemon Origins' [10/2]

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer
Let this mark the day that Y versions first got jipped out of the better Pokemon by sheer looks alone. Das is ok though, we still do not know the full extent of exclusive features.

Frezgle

Winged Death
I'm hoping this doesn't mean Venusaur and Blastoise's inevitable second Mega Evolutions will be for X as well.
I have my heart set on Mega Venusaur but I've already preordered Y :T I think it's a bit of a sucker punch to reveal that something like this is version-exclusive when most people who are going to preorder have done so by this point.

As for the design... Eh. Really hate the color scheme, but overall it's not terrible.

jstar21

Team Froakie & Goomy
AadmM said:
On one hand...he looks downright amazing!

But why just Charizard? Huh? Where's the love for Venusaur and Blastoise all of a sudden?

They really should've kept this idea exclusive to Mewtwo if they're gonna play favorites.

I highly doubt they will play favorites and not give alternate megas to at least the other Kanto Starters if not every starter. Plus it's not like they said Charizard is the only one to get it.

Damian_Winters

King of Heroes and Pokemon
jstar21 said:
AadmM said:
On one hand...he looks downright amazing!

But why just Charizard? Huh? Where's the love for Venusaur and Blastoise all of a sudden?

They really should've kept this idea exclusive to Mewtwo if they're gonna play favorites.

I highly doubt they will play favorites and not give alternate megas to at least the other Kanto Starters if not every starter. Plus it's not like they said Charizard is the only one to get it.

Charizard's mega stone might*(edit for clarity)say x or y beside it, the other -nites appear to not have that distinction for the other starters.

Edit: I hope I'm wrong though!

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I highly doubt the rest of the Kanto starters won't get another Mega Evo. But who knows at this point! Pokemon is sure pulling a lot of stunts lately!

ECHOxLegend

All-Seeing Trainer
what if they just start making an XYZ mega pokemon for every single pokemon, that would add a huge variety to game. ah, a hopeless dream, but otherwise, yes, back off the charizard favoritism not every pokemon fan worships him and mewtwo like you see on youtube and the like.

ashyboy

Aspiring Trainer
So we have X mega evolution and Y mega evolution assuming there will be a Pokemon Z will there be a Z mega evolution? I wonder if its a mix between the X and Y form...just sain...

FT10

Aspiring Trainer
Well... I guess I have no choice but to get both X and Y now...

Ririka said:
I thought we can't get anymore surprise by this time of day, oh how i've been so wrong about that!:)

With that said, looking at 2 Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo:

Mega Evo X:
- Appearance wise, it looks defiant from it's original form, with Charizard being black and Mewtwo gained muscle.
- Along with the defiant appearance, they've gained new typing.
- It seems that the X Mega focused with Physical attribute, with Char's Tough Claw and Mewtwo's Fighting type.

Mega Evo Y:
- Appearance wise, it looks very natural, like a new stage of evolutions for each respective pokemon.
- The typing didn't change
- It focuses in Special Attack rather than a physical attack.

I noticed that too... Y's mega-evo looks like what Charizard would end up if it continued to evolve with its current genetic make-up, whereas X has clearly branched out into a new, different direction. The question is, does this have anything to do with Mewtwo X/Y?

Also, I think Blastoise and Venusaur will get the same treatment, but not the other generations' starters.

Featherwick

The Insuperable
Damian_Winters said:
jstar21 said:

Charizard's mega stone says x or y beside it, the other -nites appear to not have that distinction for the other starters.

Where did you see that? I know that Venusinite doesn't have an x or y after it when you get it, since the streamer showed that off, but where did you see someone pick Charmander?

If Blastoise and Venusaur don't get another mega form this really feels like a big jip to all us who love them

silvermoons

Aspiring Trainer
makes me wonder... what would a SHINY Mega Charizard X look like? or will shiny-ness even effect the color of a Mega Evolution?

Damian_Winters

King of Heroes and Pokemon
Featherwick said:
Damian_Winters said:
Charizard's mega stone says x or y beside it, the other -nites appear to not have that distinction for the other starters.

Where did you see that? I know that Venusinite doesn't have an x or y after it when you get it, since the streamer showed that off, but where did you see someone pick Charmander?

If Blastoise and Venusaur don't get another mega form this really feels like a big jip to all us who love them

To be fair, I haven't, just assuming on that point to be honest, But there should be a difference right? I could be completely wrong though so you have a point there, I edited my post saying I could be wrong, sorry for the mix up!

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
If it's black in X, then what's its shiny colour?

Sigh... Guess I'm going to have to change my in-game team in X. I really don't want Y form mega zard.

CooCooForCocoapuffs

Aspiring Trainer
Shining Raikou said:
This is pretty cool! Although I have to say, it was unexpected.

Note the red eyes on Mega Charizard X and the blue eyes on Mega Charizard Y. Mega Mewtwo X and Y do the same thing.

Yeah! Every Mega Evo except Garchomp and Ampharos have that eye discoloration!

Here's what Pokémon I think are exclusive to Y: Obviously M. Mewtwo and M. Charizard Y!

M. Venusaur

M. Lucario

M. Absol

and M. Mawile

I've only seen M. Mewtwo X, M. Charizard X, and M. Blaziken.

SavvyJackal

Aspiring Trainer
Wow. I was so sure that this thing was a fake, too. Dang. XD

It does look pretty cool. The flames on its face look a bit weird to me, though. :/

98Greener

tree noises
Whoah whoah whoah.
Whoah.
Charizard gets two Mega Evolutions?

What about the others?
Where's Y version?
So many questions....