(1) Mega Charizard X Revealed During 'Pokemon Origins' [10/2]

Man, I am getting Pokemon Y and am so dissapointed X is getting all the better mega evolutions. Don't get me wrong, Mewtwo Y and Charizard Y are still awesome, but....

The X mega evolutions are so much AWESOMER!
('cause that's totally a word)

Wonder if all the mega evolving pokemon will get a different look, depending on the version.

This is pretty cool! Although I have to say, it was unexpected.

Note the red eyes on Mega Charizard X and the blue eyes on Mega Charizard Y. Mega Mewtwo X and Y do the same thing.

I wonder if this one will have a different type? But that would be a bit unfair to Y since Mewtwo-X also got another type.

Really hope you can trade mega stones so you can have both mega evolutions on the same version..

Going by eye color, if Venusaur and Blastoise were to get a new Mega Evolution, I would say they would both be Y evolutions.

It's Fire/Dragon AND it changes color when evolving? I may be in love <3 And to think I didn't like it much when I saw it.

According to this page, Mega Charizard X's ability is called “Tough Claws”, which boosts all contact moves.
I'm still unsure, if I just adore this new mechanism of Mega's or am just disappointed from “scarying” all non mega evolved Pokémons.

I want mega Butterfree now! :D

Genius715 said:
Going by eye color, if Venusaur and Blastoise were to get a new Mega Evolution, I would say they would both be Y evolutions.

Let's hope so! I don't want it to be that only Y megas have been revealed, that's no fun! And the X megas are getting the cool type changes so far (Mega ampharos exclusive dragon typing?)

As for Mega Charizard X, that was really unexpected. I like the colouring and typing, and it looks really nice in the official work. But it looks a bit strange in the sky battle. I kind of want both Charizards to be combined, then it would be perfect. But this also kind of feels like fan service. It would be weird to learn that only Charizard and Mewtwo recieved two, just because.

This also brings up the question if they are going to do two megas for every mega pokemon then? So many questions! I just hope it's possible to get both on one version then!

Also, I remember when I was playing my Red version and I got a Mega Charizard. That was sweet. Lance didn't stand a chance. It's weird they decide to show it off in what was supposed to be a nostalgic return to the classic. But I am not really surprised they did so.

HOLY.
This is the coolest Pokemon to ever be revealed so far hands down.
I mean oh my god.
We all thought the regular Mega Charizard was cool.
But this.
THIS.
I cant even HANDLE this.
I like Charizard and all, but he was never one of my favorites. Charmander however is my favorite of all time. This means great things for me.
X just keeps getting better and better for me, I am so glad I chose it from the beginning, this is just, ahhh sadkfasdf that color scheme, that design, that blue fire, and wait.... THAT DRAGON TYPE. (It's already my favorite dragon now even though its not even technically it's own Pokemon)

This probably goes without saying, but I'm sure they won't leave the other starters out! I really want to know what the alternate versions of Venusaur and Blastoise look like!

Damn too much awesome fire starters this gen! I wanted Squirtle, but now... Idk D: Mega Charizard X is awesome, I like it more than Mega Charizard Y, and is a Dragon!! XD

...Honestly not very impressed. Not to say it doesn't look cool...but this is such a big point in X's favor that it's almost unfair. They tried to make it balanced with Charizard Y getting drought and having higher sp atk, but Charizard X is part dragon, and fans have been asking for that since gen one. Maybe I'm just bitter being a Y supporter...but still I think it looks cool enough, just never been a Charizard fan I guess.

Edit: (I'm getting both games anyway, but still...)

Well, all of you finally got that Dragon-type Charizard you were always crying about.

That being said, I'm so glad I'm getting X. Though who am I kidding, I'll probably get Y eventually, too...

I thought we can't get anymore surprise by this time of day, oh how i've been so wrong about that!:)

With that said, looking at 2 Mega Charizard and Mega Mewtwo:

Mega Evo X:
- Appearance wise, it looks defiant from it's original form, with Charizard being black and Mewtwo gained muscle.
- Along with the defiant appearance, they've gained new typing.
- It seems that the X Mega focused with Physical attribute, with Char's Tough Claw and Mewtwo's Fighting type.

Mega Evo Y:
- Appearance wise, it looks very natural, like a new stage of evolutions for each respective pokemon.
- The typing didn't change
- It focuses in Special Attack rather than a physical attack.

If I were planning on buying one of the games, then I'd be a bit annoyed that X version gets this Mega Charizard. I mean it is just stupendous! However there are so much more version exclusives that I prefer on Y, so I'd be really undecided on what to pick. Also it is so great to hear Charizard is finally half dragon and is it me or does it look like a mega evolution of a shiny Charizard?

The trailer has it in Sky Battles. I guess since you have to start the battle as regular Charizard that allows it to be in those battles without it being Flying type or having Levitate.

On one hand...he looks downright amazing!

But why just Charizard? Huh? Where's the love for Venusaur and Blastoise all of a sudden?

They really should've kept this idea exclusive to Mewtwo if they're gonna play favorites.

Back