(1) Level 100 Deoxys Wi-Fi Event [4/25]

Teal said:
Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Guys the Official Pokémon Site updated and the Deoxys Wi-Fi Distribution is only for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 it seems like they possibly made a mistake saying it was for the first Black and White Games too.
No it didn't. http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_blackwhite2_deoxys_distribution-2013-04-25/

Yes it did, it originally said all four games. They edited the post.

Light Type PoKéMoN Exist said:
Guys the Official Pokémon Site updated and the Deoxys Wi-Fi Distribution is only for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 it seems like they possibly made a mistake saying it was for the first Black and White Games too.

http://nooooooooooooooo.com/ pressed that a million times over again!

Water Pokémon Master said:
Teal said:
No it didn't. http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/vg_blackwhite2_deoxys_distribution-2013-04-25/

Yes it did, it originally said all four games. They edited the post.
Source? The site still says:
Deoxys will be available for your Pokémon Black Version 2, Pokémon White Version 2, Pokémon Black Version, or Pokémon White Version game only until May 31st, so don’t miss out!

OH, GODDAMMNIT!... Teal, it's true... I was looking at the site right now and it said Black 2, White 2, Black or White. I just refreshed the page and now it says Black 2 and White 2 only. Are they freakin' kidding??? My plan of having four legitimate deoxys so I could have one in each forme is ruined!!! This is so annoying, I just feel like KOing TPCi with Outrage...
My day hasn't been particularly good and now this...

Sorry about the raging but I can't help it...

Well for some reason you have to actually refresh the page to see the edit.

Teal said:
Well for some reason you have to actually refresh the page to see the edit.

Yeah, I think this was the case. I'm almost positive they said it was BW2-only yesterday, but I think I got to the story later than everyone else, after they'd edited it. WPM said it still said BW/BW2, so I just thought I was really skimming the story or not looking hard enough. :p

Ever since Nasty Plot came out I've always wanted a Deoxys with it (one of my favorite moves on one of my favorite Pokémon), so when Japan got this event I was happy at least someone was getting it... Now to know it'll be available here, it's a dream come true - I thought for sure we'd never get it. Awesome. :D

Is it really a massive deal that it won't be available to B/W?

I've had a Deoxys since the last download. I'll get it again!

Vast said:
Starboard Driger said:
Deoxys fits in perfectly with X&Y's DNA theme as well. Hmm...you know what, this is actually pretty interesting.

Well it starts on May 8th, the day Plasma Freeze comes out. It's probably just like the Darkrai last year for Dark Explorers.

For the US. Japan has had like 3 or 4 Deoxys events within the past 6 months.

Setosama said:
Only Black 2 and White 2? ....BULLSHIT!!!

JAPAN GOT IT ON ALL 4! WHY NOT US TOO?!
Maybe it hasn't sold well so far. They want people that haven't bought Black/White 2 to buy it now. I mean, when else will we get a legitimate Lv. 100 Deoxys?

...Aw. I just started a new file on White, too. Would have been cool to have a Deoxys around :c
Is there any legitimate reason why they would make it only for BW2? I don't really believe the idea that it's to boost sales; I wouldn't spend $40 on a game just for one event Pokemon. And BW2's sales weren't that bad last I checked? Not as phenomenal as BW's, but...

It definitely matches the Japanese Masuda Deoxys. But the OT is Plasma. I wonder why they didn't leave it as Masuda . .

Teeboy23 said:
It definitely matches the Japanese Masuda Deoxys. But the OT is Plasma. I wonder why they didn't leave it as Masuda . .

The general audience doesn't know who Masuda is, so they probably did it so players would at least be familiar with the previous owner.

Or, Deoxys is getting a new form and Team Plasma is involved :3

Or it's because the new Plasma TCG set just came out :3

^Seriously, couldn't you just read the post above yours?

Even in Japan, this Deoxys was distributed as a promotion regarding Team Plasma. Deoxys-EX is a Plasma Pokémon in the newest expansion, Plasma Freeze, which is out on the same day this event was scheduled... It makes perfect sense that its OT is Plasma...

frezgle said:
Is there any legitimate reason why they would make it only for BW2? I don't really believe the idea that it's to boost sales; I wouldn't spend $40 on a game just for one event Pokemon. And BW2's sales weren't that bad last I checked? Not as phenomenal as BW's, but...

I'm not sure there is. TPCi has been screwing us over left and right with event Pokemon this gen, at this point I'm convinced they're run by complete idiots.

Still, the fact that they specifically limited this one to BW2 and even went as far as editing the site is low, even for them.

Back