(1) Last of the 'X' and 'Y' Insider Information [5/18]

Probably wasnt a good idea to post that in this particular thread. :S

I am kinda hoping that Patrice is Sycamores apprentice, I could see them doing that and if they did, it wouldnt be breaking the whole tree tradition. It would, however, be breaking the tradition where the tree professor always gives you the beginning pokemon, but then they already broke that in BW2 anyway.
I can see the whole Pa"trees" thing, and it may or may not have been intentional, but at the same time I feel like were looking for something that isnt really there...

Either way it honestly doesnt matter, im just being nit picky at this point. Change is definitely not always a bad thing. I couldnt care less who gives me my awesome starter, as long as I get my Chespin. :p

palkia07 said:
The french words for evil and squid are "mal" and "Calmar", the Italian words for both are "Male" and "Calamaro", the Spanish words are "Malo" and "Calamar", the Latin word for evil is "Malum". Inkay has "Ink" and squid uses ink..So imo they are quite sure squids pokemon. "Ink" and "alimar" suggest that. "Mal" suggests dark so imo the "ay" from Inkay suggests somthing psychic (?).

Mal in french is "BAD", not sure where you got EVIL from. But i guess in that context it would make sense ...

Thief said:
AdamLambert said:
Sorry. Back on topic. I don't like the idea of Patrice. Why couldn't they go with Cycad or something?

Well apparently there's more than one prof. The other one being Sycamore, so maybe Patrice has a good explanation as to why his/her name is different.

Explain Patrice!

Featherwick said:
Nightingirle said:
I recall wpm saying that one possible explanation could be hat Patrice actually sounds like pa - 'trees',w hich would still not be the name of a tree, but at least it would have tree in it :D

Or she could possibly be Sycamore's apprentice or something, and she gives you the starters in place of Sycamore, but Sycamore talks at the beginning of the game and such.

I have a feeling that Sycamore is the real professor (because his name is based on a plant) and Patrice is just an assistant or just the PC storage system developer for the region ( like Bill, Lanette, Bebe, etc) and probably gives you both an Eevee (when you catch 30+ Pokemon) and a Kanto starter (once you complete the regional Pokedex)

/Speculation/

I like the idea of Patrice being the Assistant. In BW2 there was no lab so Bianca had to go there (Juniper couldn't go there because she had to work). In the Terrace Houses/Mansion, there is no lab (unless it is the other town like in DP) so maybe they would have to ask an assistant to help with giving the starters. The assistant would be Patrice and once you complete the Pokedex and beat the League, you will be able to meet with Sycamore and he/she will give you the Kanto Starter.

Also hope that the friendly rival is the one with the Pokemon that has advantage against yours (that way I will start Fennekin and later get Froakie).

Featherwick said:
Nightingirle said:
I recall wpm saying that one possible explanation could be hat Patrice actually sounds like pa - 'trees',w hich would still not be the name of a tree, but at least it would have tree in it :D

Or she could possibly be Sycamore's apprentice or something, and she gives you the starters in place of Sycamore, but Sycamore talks at the beginning of the game and such.

I hope you're right. It's a small detail, but it'd feel weird having a professor not named after a tree.

P.DelSlayer said:
http://abload.de/img/1369108609120nrsmp.png

Not sure if this has been seen before, I'm just gonna leave it here.

So what exactly does this mean?

Obviously, I know what I'm looking at here, but... I'm confused, was all of the rumours a elaborate scheme? If so we all need to ban together in an angry mob and kick someone's ass.

Still it wouldn't make sense and does not add up with the fact that they proved to WPM somehow that they were legit.

Also, I think it's unlikely that some fan could just guess the names right and the moves...

Unless everything other than that is a lie....

MamsPokemon said:
Who do I contact. If I have information to disclose? It's not a gimmick or anything?

No offense, but after everything that went down (assuming it's some kind of leak or rumour) it'd probably just best to keep it to yourself.

P.DelSlayer said:
http://abload.de/img/1369108609120nrsmp.png

Not sure if this has been seen before, I'm just gonna leave it here.

Tai has never given me any information. Most of the information I posted was received before people found out that Mage was my source and all these plans went into action (when it became everyone's goal to bury who Mage was so that he wouldn't get into trouble / to cast doubt on the information / to do whatever the heck Tai is doing).

Since Mage's friend Tai now seems to be doing everything he can to cast doubt on the information I posted, it seems they are trying to do damage control so that Mage doesn't get into further trouble with Nintendo (at least that's my speculation - they have never once communicated to me about what they are doing). As far as I know, Mage first called Tai into the situation when his identity became an issue and that was after I had been sent most of the information. Since then, Tai has done nothing but cast doubt on my information and try to disassociate Mage from being the source (at least in the beginning). Tai also went into major WPM attack mode when I posted my second news story the other day (with Inkay and all of those), which leads me to believe his goal is to cast doubt on the information so Mage doesn't get into further trouble (even though he technically shouldn't since the damage has already been done). I should note that Mage and I have never once had a single issue with each other, and he has been nothing but a nice person, which is why I think Tai is doing most of this on his own. And I don't think he has admirable intentions in mind either. If you look at his posts / messages on that forum that both he and Mage are part of, a huge chunk of them talk about how he should be a mod there, how Mage isn't doing a good job, how he knows what he's doing, and that he has to protect those forums from 4chan (even though he's the one who brought them there in the first place!!). In other words, it seems like he might've got himself involved in this situation so that he could get promoted.

Also, in acting like an idiot on 4chan and Gamefaqs, Tai was banned from 4chan and got into trouble on Gamefaqs. He has brought this up a noticeable amount of times and was IMing me whenever someone would attack him too (admitting to posting as an anon to attack me / defend himself). He even IM'd me right before I blocked him threatening to "explode the situation" when his ban was about to be lifted, so this seems to be a mix of a personal vendetta + trying to hide that the information is real since his (previously nonexistent reputation) has been going down the drain (because of his own actions). Hell, he even Paypal'd a mod $20 on Gamefaqs to delete my posts when I was trying to explain his motives - if that's not shady, I don't know what is. He talked about that in the same shoutbox area of his user profile in the image you posted above. I was wondering why my posts disappeared when I didn't break any rules!

Anyway, Tai was not involved in giving me any information and was not even in the picture until much later. He was never involved in the communications between Mage and I. Even if the information is fake, I stated over and over to take it with a grain of salt and to not believe any of it until it was proven true. Right now, I do not consider it true until it is proven correct and I have never wavered from that position.

The best thing to do is to completely ignore Tai and anything he says. I'm pretty sure his plan from the beginning has been to throw a wrench into the situation as I explained above. I have already posted all of the information and it is all out there now. The only thing to do now is to see if it comes true or not.

Also, that's the last I'll say about this situation. Every time I say something it just causes them to react and try to distance everyone from the facts, so I think it's best if we put this situation to rest and see what happens next month when CoroCoro comes out. If it's fake, it's fake. If it's not, it's not. Whatever.

Oh, and for the record, he sent me two waves of information after he gave me the English names (and of course those names turned out to be correct). Everything else I posted was given to me way before then. So, if anything was intentionally planned to be fake, it would be these bits:

(Not likely to be fake since Mage's name was only tossed around a few times at this point and there was no real reason to freak out yet or plan to release fake information to me)
- The HM bit about there being less of them
- Sycamore's name (but the fact he gives out the starters was given to me a long time ago)
- Correcting the types of the starters (the switcharoo).
- (He also told me in this list that Flash was now a TM, which is true as of Gen IV. That also lead me to believe Mage didn't make this list up.)

(After many knew who he was - most likely to be fake if anything IS intentionally fake, though I still doubt it)
- Espurr / Meowstick
- The bit about the rivals.

If he and Tai decided that Mage should give me fake information, the information above would have been it. And even then, I really don't think the first list was faked at all. The second list - possibly - but not the first list above. And again, EVERYTHING ELSE was sent to me before I ever published my second story with the English names, so I think all of that is valid (sparing Mage communicating that information incorrectly or misinterpreting it, or Gamefreak changing something between then and when the games are released, which I doubt).

Also I'd like to point out Tai has only ever said the starter types was fake, and that was AFTER I posted my correction on my Twitter, and also when he tried to take credit for "tricking me" to give himself legitimacy. So all in all, I think Tai is full of crap and is only trying to distract everyone. I'd also like to point out that Hiro said my information was fake as well, but I already talked to Melkor - his partner - and he stated that Hiro knows nothing this generation aside from what he already released (which is why he hasn't released anything else, of course). So I think everyone is just trying to distract people from these leaks and confuse people.

Alix Rooker said:
scattered mind said:
PP of DK will be 5-10 I think
Which makes me wonder if we are going to see our pokemon getting tired while having low PP/HP and not just a red bar

I mean , they put so much effort in animation of the player sits on a bench so why not put that effort on the little things during the main part of the game - the poke battles:)
That's a very good hypothesis, but I don't think I would like for the bar to disappear.
If I need to switch out my Pokemon so that it doesn't faint, I wouldn't be able to do so.

Maybe they could give an option to put it only on he touchscreen, so if people want to only see the nice 3d battlefield, they could just do that? (I don't think that's gonna happen, and I don't really mind the bars, just an idea)

Yeah there was someone claiming they faked the Unova starter evolutions when Hiro revealed them.

That guy is something, actually payed someone to delete comments to protect his rep? Lol what a loser and he pretty much wasted that 20 bucks. I mean what does he actually think this will accomplish? If one spec of this info turns out to be real, he's going to look like a total ass and he can kiss becoming a mod goodbye. It literally sounds like he's just trying cause you trouble WPM, so yeah it's time to just to ignore. I'm really tired of hearing about him and this mess(no offense, I know your just trying to make everything clear), but holy crap it's getting tiresome.

-___________________-
I really don't like the name Patrice. I hope that it's just the assistant, and Sycamore is the Professor.
I'm also hoping that, even if Patrice is the Professor, that it is female. We need another female Professor.

Lol, no kidding about the Pokedrama... paid someone $20 to delete his comments? Bahaha. I'd like to know how he found that out.. xD
Really though, I've been following this case pretty much the whole time, reading every wall of text and link given by WPM. I see how distressful it is, which is why I tried to avoid mentioning it. Webmastering/getting the scoop on Pokemon information must be a lot harder of a job than we all think.

That being said....

Even if Patrice is the real professor in this gen, I wont be entirely upset. My OCD will be killing me yes (bulbasuar....), but the whole tree tradition is really a pretty minor detail compared to all the other possibilities that could happen. I would be glad if it was another female though. In fact, with a name like Patrice, I'd feel pretty bad if it wasnt... Sycamore definitely sounds like an old geezer name though.

In my opinion I don't really like the name "Patrice" but I do like the "Sycamore" name. To me, it would be better if the professor (if female) to be "Sequoia". :p

I was hoping that the professor would be called "Professor Maple Leafs", but somebody already took it.

Isn't Patrice supposed to be a first name?

Zielo said:
Even if Patrice is the real professor in this gen, I wont be entirely upset. My OCD will be killing me yes (bulbasuar...), but the whole tree tradition is really a pretty minor detail compared to all the other possibilities that could happen. I would be glad if it was another female though. In fact, with a name like Patrice, I'd feel pretty bad if it wasnt... Sycamore definitely sounds like an old geezer name though.
Unfortunately, the name Patrice is a masculine name in France. Pa-TRISS.

GlaceonFanatic said:
In my opinion I don't really like the name "Patrice" but I do like the "Sycamore" name. To me, it would be better if the professor (if female) to be "Sequoia". :p
Or perhaps like in my fake region, where the professor is female, and her name is Sheila Mimosa. My region is based on Africa, with Australian starters.

signofzeta said:
I was hoping that the professor would be called "Professor Maple Leafs", but somebody already took it.

Yes, in france, it is a male name, and in America, it is female.

Alix Rooker said:
Zielo said:
Even if Patrice is the real professor in this gen, I wont be entirely upset. My OCD will be killing me yes (bulbasuar...), but the whole tree tradition is really a pretty minor detail compared to all the other possibilities that could happen. I would be glad if it was another female though. In fact, with a name like Patrice, I'd feel pretty bad if it wasnt... Sycamore definitely sounds like an old geezer name though.

GlaceonFanatic said:
Or perhaps like in my fake region, where the professor is female, and her name is Gloria Mimosa. My region is based on Africa, with Australian starters.

signofzeta said:

But aren't Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper, all last names?

signofzeta said:
Alix Rooker said:

Or perhaps like in my fake region, where the professor is female, and her name is Gloria Mimosa. My region is based on Africa, with Australian starters.

But aren't Oak, Elm, Birch, Rowan, and Juniper, all last names?
They are. I was merely stating that Patrice is not a surname.

Back