(1) Kyurem EX, Regigigas EX, and Other BW3 Cards Revealed! [9/1]

This set will make EP look awful. I still haven't bought a pack of that set.
EP looks awful right now, and has been ever since we saw all the scans of it. You've got...1 good card in it, a handful of above-average ones, and just a bunch of pretty artwork.

Fun for collectors, bad for players.

Don't understand the hate for Kyurem. Yes he's far from Broken, but he has solid (though not amazing) attacks, an awesome type advantage in the current format, and also has a great weakness.

ooh pretty cards. I don't want to give up on Kyurem. Gigas and Mewtwo are both DCE users (Gigas especially) so Freeze Wing could be pretty annoying. Hail Blizzard can't be used consecutively in theory, but with all the Catchers that will be moving Kyurem around I think it will be used twice in a row quite easily. There's also going to be more Switches played just because of Catcher, and Kyurem can use those too. Also, Feraligatr played with Kyurem or Emboar/Phlosion played with Gigas will make great use of Max Potion. EX definitely improves the format IMO.

ehh... Kyurem EX isn't very good indeed... But it's artwork is freakin' awesome. Best EX artwork for me so far... And Regigigas EX is interesting... I didn't expect it at all to be in this set...

Wow they destroyed Kyureum's potential as a game changer. I mean, It's not even as good as Beartic. Although Regigigas is going to be considered.

Very interesting. I definitely wasn't expecting that for Kyurem.. I don't think it's that great. It's not terrible, but for an EX, it's just not gonna cut it. I'll have it KO'd with my Reshiram before they can even get three energy on it...

Gigas looks pretty good. About on par with Mewtwo. I don't think either are amazing, and they they will be massively overhyped, but they're still good cards. Gigas + Reuniclus + Plume will be pretty good.

I'm just bummed that we haven't seen any EX's with Abilities... this format kinda just remains at the beat-down with catcher or tank and lock catcher status... It would be awesome to see some EX's with awesome disruptive or control abilities.

Regigigas definitely has potential. DCE works with it, and Reuniclus will own with it.

Kyurem Ex is'nt terrible, it's just not what I would call very playable, it's at least binder worthy though. But I cant wait for Regigigas EX, that card is BROOOOOOOOOOKEEEEEENNN!

Being amazing doesn't mean it's broken :p

Yeah Reuniclus works well with it, but Pachirisu and Shaymin anyone?

It can use Lightning Energy to set up as well and avoid Kyurem by doing just that and not using DCE. (Although DCE would still be played in it just because it works.)

Ledgon said:
Yeah Reuniclus works well with it, but Pachirisu and Shaymin anyone?

It can use Lightning Energy to set up as well and avoid Kyurem by doing just that and not using DCE. (Although DCE would still be played in it just because it works.)

The point of a tank deck is to take prizes and have tons of health so the opponent can't take your prizes. Adding a couple low hp basics to the solosis you'd already be forced to play and you've got a ton of catcher/yanmega bait. And honestly, I don't see Kyurem being played. Think about it this way: Cleffa is like PONT in Pokemon form. PONT is played in pretty much every deck but Cleffa isn't. Now you take something like Lost Remover, which no one plays, and turn it into a Pokemon. Then let the opponent take 2 prizes for killing it. Yeah. And you know, there's always manual attachment of basic energy too. If you see the opponent pull out Kyurem or Typhlosion you just spend your turns attaching to your active Gigas so removing your DCE won't matter.

I like this Regigigas. Play an eviolite on it, it's just crazy cool. Then, if you really want to keep it alive, you could spend some trainer slots on heal items or SSU. I'd personally like to see a regular Scoop Up reprint in case of a really bad situation.:p

I love how DNA has ALREADY changed his avy/sig back to gigas XD

Anyway, OMG I'm so excited for gigas ex. Eviolite/defender and a form of energy recovery and call it a day.

I'm so glad to see that the EX Pokemon are getting an increase in their HP. Now they seem to stand a fighting chance!

G.P.S.

I really like this Gigas. You can do 220 for 3 energy, and if you get it, it will be on the first turn. Play Shaymin and move the energy, Switch, Max Potion the other one. They'll never die.

These cards look AMAZING! I am going to buy a box, or two, of each set! Kyurem looks epic, but that yellow crest on Kyurem is strange... I wonder what it is, or resembles?

Ahhhhh! Kyurem looks amazing!!!!! To bad it's not the best card... Oh well I'm just happy that I'm getting a Kyurem ex. :D

Kyurem sucks and has bad art

Regigigigas is kinda cool. The problem is, of course, Donphan, who can OHKO it with Heavy Impact. Then again, Regigigas will live it with Eviolite and KO back with Raging Hammer. Still, eh. Wonderful art, though.

I don't think Kyurem's that bad, getting rid of Mewtwo's and Giga's DCE's could hurt. You can only have 4 after all. You can just switch + retreat to keep using Hail Blizzard and even then the combination of Ice Wing + Hail Blizzard is 180, which is lookin like it's going to be a magic number. It's got relatively strong early game, ESPECIALLY if you go first, because it can turn 2 60, and take an energy off your opponent's active trying to set up.

And gigas can one shot ANYTHING, but it also puts you in range of losing 2 prizes pretty easily. I don't know, I think the hype is in the wrong place.

(All 3 EXs would make for awesome tank decks though.)

Back