(1) Japanese eShop Showcases Orotto Trailer from Genesect Film [7/30]

FT10 said:
Metalizard said:
Yeah, like other have said, that is definitely not Mewtwo attacking Xerneas, it's 3 different scenes with Mewtwo, Xerneas and then Yveltal using signature attacks (so that means Mewtwo's attack might be a new signature move for its forme)...

As for Glow Punch, you guys can't take everything literally... The attack is called "Glow" Punch... I bet it's not even a physical move but a special move instead. Might be a psychic-type attack actually if Fennekin's evo is indeed Fire/Psychic. If it's not just for Fennekin's line, it may still be a Psychic attack or even a Fairy attack or something...

Glow punch sounds like it has some psychic connotation to me... maybe its one of those "secret sword" type moves that calculates damage bases on the user's attack but does special damage, or something similar.

Also, I was pretty excited to see, in the Fennekin-Litleo battle, that Litleo is at level 5. That means its available pretty soon in the game, and, in my opinion, hints at the possibility of a three-stages evolutionary line (fingers crossed for a manticore).
Well I personally think glow punch will be a psychic priority move but I can't really tell.
If it is I think that would be something new since we havent had anything like that before.
[private]Edited for no capitalization and bad grammar *Drohn
well i personally think glow punch will be a psychic priority move but i cant really tell.
if it is i think that would be something new since we havent had anything like that before.
[/private]

Mitja said:
((...))

HinekoAkahi said:
Heck, in GenIV the Chimchar line was the ONLY new Fire Type, period! So, really, we're all about ready for something new!

And Snover was the only Ice one.. At least the only new Fire poke is a strong one and had freakin Fighting as an extra.... or heres an idea, there are 16 other types and surely at least a handful weren't covered in your team.
my point being, gen IV wasn't about adding many new choices, it was about adding exotic/over-the-top/evos/pre-evos. If you wanted to choose from several different pokemon of a particular type, and demand that more than one of the options was completely new, you should've been playing gen I or gen V (Or play Platinum where Magmortar joins the party and is not part Fighting). The rest all heavily rely on existing pokes to fill lots of those spots to make up for the lower amount of new pokemon (I'm sure gen VI will be weak on some part of the type spectrum too, but Fire looks like having at least 3 to choose from already..)

I'm probably getting too far off-topic here, but this common fire obsession always makes me go "wtf" for some reason.
Like... you don't HAVE TO have a Fire pokemon on the team. Especially if you don't like the options a specific game offers. And to complain in this point specifically about Fire, which is one of the types that is guaranteed to have at least one proper fully new line, the starter.
I mean, imagine you're an Electric enthusiast in the same manner and play Hoenn games. The only real new option there is Electrike.
Or, if you're a huge Psy-fan and play DP.. its just Bronzong, who isn't remotely fun in a casual playthrough cough-unlikeFireFigthingSweeper-cough.

True enough, all of that, but not exactly the point I was trying to make. I personally like the Fire type a lot and have one on my team almost all the time, so of course that stuck with me, and we were discussing the Starters. That sentence you quoted wasn't even all that vital to my argument - I mostly threw it in to illustrate why I, personally, am getting a little frustrated with Fire/Fighting Starters.

leecario said:
Reggie McGigas said:
485.gif
says you're lying.

479-heat.gif
and this guy agrees (technically a form but whatever)

Okay, okay, you caught me ;) I'll amend: "The only new Fire Type you could get pre-Hall of Fame." Better?

I'm assuming simply by looking at Orotto that it'll be Dark/Grass or possibly even Ghost/Grass since it looks like it if you think about it.
So, going by the trend of things, Orotto is a dead tree that was possessed by a spirit/Pokemon and thus became this. Assuming that it follows the formula of an inanimate object suddenly gaining conscious.

"It happened one day, an innocuous dead tree sprung to life."

I was looking at the trailer and trying to grasp what the narrator was saying and I was thinking...
A LV. 25 Orotto is probably unusual in the forest area assuming that it's going to be located in the same forest area that you'll be wondering through for the first time. What if the only way to get an Orotto is through the swarms (however you call a 5:1 battle)?

What if it's like when Cheren or Hugh tells you about shaking grass/rustling grass? Once one of your rivals/friends tells you, you can find swarms?
And if going by BW/2 that after the second gym is when they'll tell you.

... Although a LV. 35 Fennekin is heartbreaking. It's like they know we're expecting to see the evolved forms of the starters.

Before the Move animation you can quite clearly see the seafloor with the light reflecting down from above and the surrounding rocks and water.

EnPD2tO.png

This is during the Move animation which is when the screen goes a slightly deeper blue than the previous image but still has the same appearance

Diveee-1.png

And then this is Claucher using the same move but on land, there are distinguished differences between the two scenes i.e trees, sky and although it's not confirmation it's certainly looking like Dive is returning.

Pokemon-x-and-y-01.jpg

I think an Orotto hoard battle will be programmed in as a cutscene. You're wandering through the forest, and suddenly the trees around you shake. Then.... Orotto hoard!

Glow punch can be fairy or psychic, I'm inclined to say fairy.
But the thing that worries me is that fennekin can learn an attack that needs hands... please stay in four legs, fennekin! don't go all blaziken on me!

professorlight said:
But the thing that worries me is that fennekin can learn an attack that needs hands... please stay in four legs, fennekin! don't go all blaziken on me!

Wooper is able to learn Ice Punch and the 'lil dude doesn't even have arms. I'm not using Fennekin but I hope it ends up being more Special Attack than Attack. With it being Fire & Psychic and all...

P.DelSlayer said:
I wanna know what type Glow Punch is.
Given Fennekin's rumoured/leaked Fire/Psychic evos, it could be a Psychic punching move. 'Glow' could also possibly be a pointer toward Psychic.
Or it could be Fairy. Again, 'Glow' could be a pointer toward Fairy.
OR
Could we be seeing the first of the rumoured dual-type attacks?
It could be a Psychic move that does Fighting damage - something like 'The user materializes a fist using it's psychic powers, then uses it to hit the opponent. It hits for Fighting type damage'.
Some people have said it has the super effective sound on Litleo, I personally can't hear this.

Also, I want more Orotto now!

IDK if you guys are missing this, but when Fennekin used Glow Punch against Litleo (a Fire/Normal type), it sounded like the move was 'super effective'.
And since fighting is strong against normal... well you get my point.

Similarly when Helioptile used "Parabolic Charge" (an electric type) against Chesping, it sounded like it wasn't very effective.

So my point being, that Glow Punch might be a fighting type move. I just hope Fennekin's final form isn't Fire/Fighting. AGAIN.

jdivinity said:
professorlight said:

Wooper is able to learn Ice Punch and the 'lil dude doesn't even have arms. I'm not using Fennekin but I hope it ends up being more Special Attack than Attack. With it being Fire & Psychic and all...

But wooper evolves into quagsire, who has arms, and it doesn't even learn it by level up. That sort of things happen often when pokemon drastically change through evolution, look at some of trapinch's egg moves: quick attack, gust, fury cutter, signal beam. Do those moves make sense for trapinch? they do make plenty of sense for vibrava and flygon.
That's why I'm worried, I'm sure fennekin will be the sp. att. oriented of the starters, but I don't want it to become bipedal, especially when it's likely froakie will be, being fighting (allegedly a ninja) and chespin already is, and could go either way. So far, always one of the starters's final forms was quadrupedal. I hope it's fennekin's.

I feel like glow punch will be a move utilizing the dual type move feature. I feel like its possible that Fennekin materializes a fist using psychic energy and is able to cause both psychic and fighting damage.

Gogoat said:
I'd love for diving to make a return, but I'm not completely convinced by this scene :(

Well, it might not really mean anything but take a look at this:
1002904_662744810420659_641705007_n.jpg

That floating flag even resembles a diver down flag!

I'm so putting a Orotto on my team if its grass/ghost, and even more so if it evolves. The air battles are looking to be a very fun and interesting aspect of X and Y, Charizard and Flygon battling together was cool looking battle.

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I feel like glow punch will be a move utilizing the dual type move feature. I feel like its possible that Fennekin materializes a fist using psychic energy and is able to cause both psychic and fighting damage.

It's going to be super funny though if Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Fighting, even though I don't think that's going to be the case. They probably gave it a move called Glow Punch just to mess with everyone.

Drokas said:
Gogoat said:
I'd love for diving to make a return, but I'm not completely convinced by this scene :(

As well as the darker water, which is a pretty clear indicator of diving spots.

The Orotto Poke looks very interesting :eek: I definately want it on my team, especially if its Ghost/Grass. If its Dark/Grass I dont want it sucking like Shiftry or Cacturne. (DAMMIT WHY WERE YOU NOT GOOD D:)

Oooo Dive coming back...that would be something ;D

P.DelSlayer said:
Drokas said:

Well yes, that's why I posted the picture in the first place xD The arrow is indicating the darker water.
I just mentioned the floating flag to help my argument... ("even resembles") ^^'

Drokas said:
P.DelSlayer said:

Well yes, that's why I posted the picture in the first place xD The arrow is indicating the darker water.
I just mentioned the floating flag to help my argument... ("even resembles") ^^'

I'd say that this guarantees it but of course watch there be so many counter arguments.

I think that diving being brought back would be a treat especially if it is like 3rd gen rather than 5th gen's dive ruins

I'm pretty shocked the English site hasn't updated yet to include this, or given us any small extra details from the trailer....

Back