(1) Japanese eShop Showcases Orotto Trailer from Genesect Film [7/30]

Interesting. I don't think it has a single eye cyclops-style, but more like a knight-helm with an actual face inside rather than just an eye.

Did anyone notice the trumpets at the beginning? inb4 Hoenn confirmed

Also

h6BEB89E4

HinekoAkahi said:
Heck, in GenIV the Chimchar line was the ONLY new Fire Type, period! So, really, we're all about ready for something new!

And Snover was the only Ice one.. At least the only new Fire poke is a strong one and had freakin Fighting as an extra.... or heres an idea, there are 16 other types and surely at least a handful weren't covered in your team.
my point being, gen IV wasn't about adding many new choices, it was about adding exotic/over-the-top/evos/pre-evos. If you wanted to choose from several different pokemon of a particular type, and demand that more than one of the options was completely new, you should've been playing gen I or gen V (Or play Platinum where Magmortar joins the party and is not part Fighting). The rest all heavily rely on existing pokes to fill lots of those spots to make up for the lower amount of new pokemon (I'm sure gen VI will be weak on some part of the type spectrum too, but Fire looks like having at least 3 to choose from already..)

I'm probably getting too far off-topic here, but this common fire obsession always makes me go "wtf" for some reason.
Like... you don't HAVE TO have a Fire pokemon on the team. Especially if you don't like the options a specific game offers. And to complain in this point specifically about Fire, which is one of the types that is guaranteed to have at least one proper fully new line, the starter.
I mean, imagine you're an Electric enthusiast in the same manner and play Hoenn games. The only real new option there is Electrike.
Or, if you're a huge Psy-fan and play DP.. its just Bronzong, who isn't remotely fun in a casual playthrough cough-unlikeFireFigthingSweeper-cough.

I wanna know what type Glow Punch is.
Given Fennekin's rumoured/leaked Fire/Psychic evos, it could be a Psychic punching move. 'Glow' could also possibly be a pointer toward Psychic.
Or it could be Fairy. Again, 'Glow' could be a pointer toward Fairy.
OR
Could we be seeing the first of the rumoured dual-type attacks?
It could be a Psychic move that does Fighting damage - something like 'The user materializes a fist using it's psychic powers, then uses it to hit the opponent. It hits for Fighting type damage'.
Some people have said it has the super effective sound on Litleo, I personally can't hear this.

Also, I want more Orotto now!

P.DelSlayer said:
It could be a Psychic move that does Fighting damage - something like 'The user materializes a fist using it's psychic powers, then uses it to hit the opponent. It hits for Fighting type damage'.

oh my god.

gamefreak will find a way to put Fighting in there somewhere just to annoy some people.. XD

Imagine if it became Psy and all ~3 psy moves it learns actually function like Fighting moves on the other end. That would be the biggest trolling ever LMAO

Reggie McGigas said:
HinekoAkahi said:
Heck, in GenIV the Chimchar line was the ONLY new Fire Type, period! So, really, we're all about ready for something new!

485.gif
says you're lying.

479-heat.gif
and this guy agrees (technically a form but whatever)

Glow Punch might be a Psychic type counterpart of Shadow Punch. Punches aren't necessarily Fighting-type moves, oddly enough. Out of the 11 moves with "punch" in their name, only 3 of them are Fighting moves o_O
Or, like others have said, a rumored dual-type attack, that deals Fighting type damage but uses Psychic (or possibly either Psychic or Fighting) for its STAB. That'd be funny.

Yeah, like other have said, that is definitely not Mewtwo attacking Xerneas, it's 3 different scenes with Mewtwo, Xerneas and then Yveltal using signature attacks (so that means Mewtwo's attack might be a new signature move for its forme)...

As for Glow Punch, you guys can't take everything literally... The attack is called "Glow" Punch... I bet it's not even a physical move but a special move instead. Might be a psychic-type attack actually if Fennekin's evo is indeed Fire/Psychic. If it's not just for Fennekin's line, it may still be a Psychic attack or even a Fairy attack or something...

I know this has already been said before but I feel like mewtwo's forme change will occur in battle instead of using an item....or it could be some form of "Awakening" attack.

Druddigon looked awesome in the trailer! Though, not so awesome that Sylveon was destroying it with a Fairy-type move.. :-(

HinekoAkahi said:
I'm definitely on board with Fire/Psychic myself, especially if the other part of the rumor (Grass/Dark, Water/Fighting starters) also turns out to be true! That would certainly mix things up!

It's kinda irritating how Frokie's final evolution becomes Water/Fighting, but Samurott wasn't. wtf.

Hoard Battles Can't be only one species of Pokemon because Tauros and Miltank were both in a Hoard Battle!

Here's a correction for the front page report: It seems pretty obvious to me that Awakened Mewtwo is using its own, individual move, which quickly cuts to Xerneas using Geomancy. It isn't one attack animation, but two.

Tauros and Miltank have been long considered male-female counterparts (and thus related as species) since Gen II. They've been pictured together in the TCG. Perhaps this will be the generation when we get a baby Pokemon for the two of them, but, at any rate, seeing Tauros and Miltank together in a Horde Battle doesn't necessarily mean you'll be seeing 2 Dratini, a Scyther, a Kingler, and a Litleo battling you.

Aurotte looks neat (why have people stopped calling it this, by the way?) and I'm intrigued by Glow Punch. Everything is still looking great.

I just got a 3ds and now I'm wishing I didn't because of how awesome the special 3DS looks.

EnPD2tO.png

Those rocks in the background really lead me to believe it's an underwater battle. Seems pretty elaborate, replacing the normal environment with all new 3d models just for the duration of an attack like Crabhammer or something

Metalizard said:
Yeah, like other have said, that is definitely not Mewtwo attacking Xerneas, it's 3 different scenes with Mewtwo, Xerneas and then Yveltal using signature attacks (so that means Mewtwo's attack might be a new signature move for its forme)...

As for Glow Punch, you guys can't take everything literally... The attack is called "Glow" Punch... I bet it's not even a physical move but a special move instead. Might be a psychic-type attack actually if Fennekin's evo is indeed Fire/Psychic. If it's not just for Fennekin's line, it may still be a Psychic attack or even a Fairy attack or something...

Glow punch sounds like it has some psychic connotation to me... maybe its one of those "secret sword" type moves that calculates damage bases on the user's attack but does special damage, or something similar.

Also, I was pretty excited to see, in the Fennekin-Litleo battle, that Litleo is at level 5. That means its available pretty soon in the game, and, in my opinion, hints at the possibility of a three-stages evolutionary line (fingers crossed for a manticore).

EnPD2tO.png

Looking at this pictures makes me certain that this is a battle environment we're looking at, and not Crabhammer's animation.
But I think it's worth suggesting that this could still be a surfing battle scene, maybe on a lake, and maybe at night? Behind the rocks, I think you can make out a coastline, and for me, the rocks are coming out of water, not resting on the seafloor.

I'd love for diving to make a return, but I'm not completely convinced by this scene :(

Back