(1) Japanese eShop Showcases Orotto Trailer from Genesect Film [7/30]

TheRoyalXerneas said:
I'm pretty shocked the English site hasn't updated yet to include this, or given us any small extra details from the trailer....

Same here. With the whole thing about the games being released worldwide on the same day they kind of been posting their information relatively simultaneously. I wonder why they're waiting to post this newer trailer outside of Japan?

Fennekin's Glow Punch

Does this hint at ANOTHER Fire/Fighting starter?
...or is GF just trolling us?

If Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Fighting, I think I'm gonna have to go kick a puppy. (Don't tell PETA!)

What do you think about this development?

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-L4IsI49PA[/video]

RE: Fennekin's Glow Punch

Chrono said:

If Fennekin turns out to be Fire/Fighting, I think I'm gonna have to go kick a puppy. (Don't tell PETA!)

I was never going to pick the fox anyway

Chrono said:

did the video showed how much glow punch affected litleo? I mean, SE=fighting, Neutral=fairy and not very effective=fire, right?

professorlight said:
Chrono said:

did the video showed how much glow punch affected litleo? I mean, SE=fighting, Neutral=fairy and not very effective=fire, right?

Actually, the source that contacted Pokebeach in February said that Fairy is not very effective against Fire type.

Also, just saying, that same source from February did verify Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Psychic type, so don't worry about Glow Punch. Fennekin will not be Fire/Fighting

TheKeaton said:
professorlight said:

Actually, the source that contacted Pokebeach in February said that Fairy is not very effective against Fire type.

Also, just saying, that same source from February did verify Fennekin will evolve into a Fire/Psychic type, so don't worry about Glow Punch. Fennekin will not be Fire/Fighting

I forgot about that.
I'm not worried about fire/fighting, I'm worried about a bipedal fennekin evo.

I would laugh so hard if Fennekin became Fire/Fighting. It would be more funny than anything.

I'm really excited about this Glow Punch thing! It makes it really likely that Fennekin will be bipedal and I can see a lot of fun possibilities coming out of this, especially if it's Fire/Psychic. The closer we come to figuring out the starter evolutions the better. uwu

Also, do you think the sites might be waiting until Corocoro before they update this time around? I don't understand why they'd wait so long, but I can't think of any other reason.

professorlight said:
TheKeaton said:

I forgot about that.

Going by a trend that has been in place since the first generation, every final evolution of each Fire-type starter Pokemon has ended up standing on two legs (even Tepig, which stands on four legs until it evolves), so it wouldn't be out-of-the-ordinary for Fennekin's final evolution to be bipedal.

AtmosphericThunder said:
professorlight said:
I forgot about that.

Going by a trend that has been in place since the first generation, every final evolution of each Fire-type starter Pokemon has ended up standing on two legs (even Tepig, which stands on four legs until it evolves), so it wouldn't be out-of-the-ordinary for Fennekin's final evolution to be bipedal.

These kind of trends don't have much weight though.
Because for example Grass (4,4,2,4,0) and Water (2,2,2-4,2,4) don't follow a trend in it, so there isn't much reason to think the Fire one will stick to the same forever.
And there could be any number of other details in starter designs one could pick, including the infamous "Grass starters are reptiles"-trend, which Chespin made vanish without anyone noticing.
But besides, I'm sure there are other factors that play bigger roles in creation of starter designs than the question whether they'll be bipedal or quadruped. That's something that simply turns out to be either, after they pick a concept etc.

So even if Fennekin does turn into bipedal, it would be more a coincidence than the intention of following some trend.

Back