(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

Evolution

iPod Nano: Evolution (Look Down)
Unova is such a cool region name!! I love it!! Tepig and snivy are awesome. Oshawott, such a funny name. Needs some getting used to.

nikohesus

Fullmetal Heart
Unova- Combination of Latin Unum and Nova- One New. Referring to a new region in a new generation.

Can't quote in this place.

If you guys hate the names, hate them, the silly responses are getting ludicrous. "Pickled salty barbed spears?" People tugging their hair out? Some people are just plain insane...

You'll get used to it, just don't kill yourself or quit your job.

Ikriolu

*Trips and lands in pie*
The names are starting to get me, not in a bad way...but the good way. oh, and I just noticed how stooped it is to complain: you can always nick name em! (now, who do you pronounce em?)

Tsuki64

sooooooooooup
(Wow, what is this, my 6th post on this thread?)

People don't like things. When people don't like things, they do one of three things: Get over it, keep it to themselves, or, the most popular option - whine about it on the internet. Unfortunately, there's no law of the internet (Not like any of its laws are ever kept - except Rule 34) saying that people can't whine about stupid things, so they get away with it. No matter what, they keep sobbing and snapping about how "things should have gone like this" or how "they shouldn't have done that".

Despite how catchy/cute/neat the new names are, people will, for one reason or another, hate them. Things would be no different if the 1st gen was switched around with the 5th gen - people would still complain about unoriginality, lame names, stupid songs, etc. Come on, admit it - it's true.

OMGxShante

Umbreon is Life ♥
after an hour i've grown to like Oshawott because it's unique (no one would have thought of it) and it's weird ( i like weird things lol)

Edit: i didn't hate it before i just needed it to grow on me.

Evolution

I dont know what "Osha" is supossed to sound like. I kept on pronouncing arceus as arseus.

Mucrush

Aspiring Trainer
I dunno about you guys, but the german name of Tepig is so AWESOME! Floink!! XD

EDIT: IMO now... the english name could have been Floink too... Flame+Oink! :b

nikohesus

Fullmetal Heart
I completely agree with you, now for the pronunciations...

Snivy- sss-eye-vee, snake and ivy

Tepig- Te-pig, tepid and pig

Oshawott- Osh-a-wat, ???

Unova- Ooh-No-Va

I'm terrible at this, just pronounce them the way you see them.

Elfteiroh

Geek
For those asking how to pronounce Oshawott, I think it should pronounce like Oshawa, but with "wott" instead of "wa"...

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/oshawa
There should be a button letting you hear the pronunciation.

Tsuki64

sooooooooooup
@Nikohesus: I know this sounds odd, but your posts delight me. Sorry if that sounded freaky...>.<

I pronounce Oshawott like ah-sha-watt, if that makes any sense.

Evolution

They need to add a pronunciation button to the pokemon websites because gardevior and arceus and some other names are confusing to pronounce when you first see them.

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man
Gotta hand it to Gamefreak. They managed to come up with a name actually worse than "Smugleaf." Tepig is kinda clever, but just OK. Oshawott makes me really happy.

Shining Raikou

Your friendly neighborhood Raikou fan!
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I like the names! Don't really understand the reason for the Isshu region name change, but I like it regardless. Unova sounds cool, really.

Can't wait to play with my cute little Oshawott! :3