(1) Isshu Starter's English Names Revealed! [11/22]

Snivy? Tepig? Oshawott? lol. Really weird names. Just makes me imagine how the other names will be screwed up :/

Wow, lame.

And Isshu is Unova? Why did they even bother to change it? We got Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh straight from Japanese, right?

They all sound kinda dump. Oshawott is Ok but Snivy, Tepig, seriously?!? The Isshu region >>>>>>>> The Unova region. Sounds like Unown. They should of kept it as the Isshu region.

Unova has to be the worst region name ever... WOW... I liked Isshu
As for the starters names... meh

These names are god-awful.
Oh well, Smugleaf, Cubble, and Pokabu will be receiving nicknames once I pick one.

Snivy I kind of like, Snive + Ivy

I don't understand Oshawott at all, but it's better than Wotter.

Tepig? I don't get it.

I know. Now that I think about it, Oshawott is good (compared to the others for sure ;)). I can only Imagine how bad the evolution line names will be.

SADFACE :(
I was gonna rant on how this was all fake then WPM changed the article a bit and now I am disappoint.
Love the logo, though!
Why isn't this on the main site??

Oshawott is meh, Snivy is lame, and Tepig is just plain terrible. I'm extremely unimpressed. The previous starter names made so much more sense than this. Ugh.

Edit: Now that I see what the portmanteaus seem to be, I'm a little more understanding of the names but still disappointed by the lack of creativity :/

Finally found them on Pokemon.com
http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/the-starter-pokemon/

The only one I was really worried about was Mijumaru...Thank God that it isn't Wotter.

Hmm.. that's odd. But if these ARE the names, then Snivy is the only name I'm proud of, considering I (and surprisingly, many others) guessed that that would be its English names. Tepig and Oshawott will take some getting used to... And the Unova region doesn't sound so great. :<

EDIT: O...m...g... NOOOOO!!! The English logos are HORRIBLE. I was hoping they wouldn't use that hideous combination of yellow and blue for "Pokemon" (even though they've been using it since the first Pokemon games). Bleh... oh, well. :<

I'm just happy I don't have to see people referring them to Smugleaf, Piglit, etc. I don't like it when people refer to things as one thing when they don't know for sure.

Back