(1) Four 'Lost Link' Cards and Promos Revealed [3/26]

Mew Jadester said:
Mew Prime + Lucario = <3333

------------------

At first glance, many of you may think "ZOMGZZ!1!!11!11111 ITZ SO BROKENZZ!11!111!11" But seriously, GET OVER IT. There are WAYS to counter that stupid card. Trust me.

Facing Palkia G Lv.X.
-Keep your bench small, and never go big,
-If running evolved Pokemon, only send basic Pokemon in the first Lost Cyclone, then don't fill it up again EVER.

Facing Giratina Lv.X
-Manectric PT and Nidoqueen RR kills it. Yeah?

Facing Darkrai & Cresselia Prime
-Counter this fast with a Donphan prime reponse that can do like uhh... a full Knockout with Expert Belt attached? Yeah people, that card is FOREVER to charge up so a simple Donphan Stolen with Reversal would screw them over HARDCORE.

Facing Absol G Lv.X
-Run some Power sprays to deal with it as well as some Slowking from HS.

Facing Zangoose
-If worried about that card, hide ANY pokemon if you can, Lol.

So there you go, and do us a favour - Quit overhyping any cards, it's bad for you.

Yes I will just run donphan with slowking and sp pokemon and hope i have enough sp to do power spray....biggest fail post ever!

That Lost Remover card looks like it can from Yu-Gi-Oh!, for the record. Is it just me, or is Darkrai/Cresselia LEGEND's artwork REALLY bad? That eye of Darkrai's is HUGE! X|

I kinda want to put Mew with Gengar SF now :3

EspeonROX said:
That Lost Remover card looks like it can from Yu-Gi-Oh!, for the record. Is it just me, or is Darkrai/Cresselia LEGEND's artwork REALLY bad? That eye of Darkrai's is HUGE! X|

The Lost Zone is a yu-gi-oh mechanic. Eventually we'll get Soul Release, Return fromt he Different Dimension and Banisher fo the Radiance. There's just nothign else to do with removed from play cards. I mean "cards in the Lost Zone".

^Agreed. Energy Removal was extremely broken, and extremely amazing.

Is it really? I didn't know it was a term from YGO. Hahaha at Soul Release. I bet we will...and soon we'll have Mana and merge with Magic. XD

why so angry at the card. It's like Dusknoir Lv.X, the tanslation said "both of you and your oppents," But when it cam out it just said "your oppents".

IDK if the lost link will be a GREAT set or a great strategy revolving around lost world but it is nice to see pokemon introduce a new way of winning and of utilizing the lost zone as a potentially major part of the game.

amisheskimoninja said:
How is it better? Lost remover only gets rid of specials. Energy removal was any energy card.
I read it wrong, sorry
it's definitely not as good, also considering you typically can't get special energies out of the discard

Wow and just when I thought DCE was a great and playable card especially Call Energy and now we get a psuedo Energy Removal with Lost Remover? This could really cripple alot of Stage 2 decks that rely on 2-3 energy cost attacks that cost 2 Colorless in terms of slowing their speed down. Flygon, Nidoqueen, Garchomp (both the SV and SP versions infact), among others.

However it's situational in the fact If you have it in your hand and their playing Basic energies you'll most likely wait til later to play it unless they have Spiritomb out and/or Vileplume on the bench which hurts your chances of playing it out until later on. So I think DCE's and Calls are safe for the most part as long as you're running Spiritomb's or some other form of Trainer Lock. Stage 2's will also be alright from this.

Despite the fact that Lost Remover hurts Flygon If you manage to Sand Wall their Lost World before they get rid of your DCE you should be good to go. You can also counter their Stadiums with another Stadium like Broken Time-Space or something else that's still format legal as well.

I already see how Lost World would be crazy with
Palkia G Lv. X's Lost Cyclone after a Playground attack from Pichu HGSS to fill everyone's bench but If your Opponent's smart and knows what you're up to they won't fall for it knowing you're going after a Win Condition of getting 6 Pokemon in the Lost Zone. If they're playing Flygon they'll Sand Wall it, If they're playing something else that could be a problem which gives you the advantage. For decks like Jumpluff and Charizard that rely on a big bench to be really effective this could really hurt.

This evidence solidifies the fact that the new format will include the Platinum sets and HGSS-On would kill the game with the Lost-Link set cards printed in the English Set possibly after HG Unleashed or in that set, with HG Unleashed being only a 90 card expansion it's more than likely afterward we'll be getting the Lost-Link cards after Worlds or right before it.

Card Slinger J said:
Despite the fact that Lost Remover hurts Flygon If you manage to Sand Wall their Lost World before they get rid of your DCE you should be good to go.

Why would they play lost world before they could win with it?

I keep seeing this talk about Pichu...you people do realize that your opponent has the choice of how many basics they get to put on the bench, right?

Has there been any announcement of this being released in English? Or will be more cards that are Japanese only.

qnetykz said:
I keep seeing this talk about Pichu...you people do realize that your opponent has the choice of how many basics they get to put on the bench, right?

Agreed. No one will fall for that, and even if they do, it will only be once.

I think SF Luminien (if its still around) or SV honchkrow will be the way to go instead.

Back