(1) Four 'Lost Link' Cards and Promos Revealed [3/26]

Nice job on the translations, Bangiras! There are some interesting cards there, with some combos.

Eeveeultions might be back. :)
Mew prime might be interesting.
Nice to see a trainer close to what energy removal was.
Helps get raid of those pesky DCEs :).

I really hope we get the Umbreon/Espeon primes in america. I was talking to a friend about them making those cards just because they're always a favorite and they did get revealed in G/S. But that stadium card is soooo evil. In reality, you only have to knock out 2 of your opponent's stage 2 pokemon to win.

Mew and the Stadium is pure broken. I mean, think about it. LEGOES. You can speed setup Palkia G Lv.X and a full bench of basics. Lost Cyclone away, and then bring up Honchkrow G to search out the Stadium. Next turn, you win. Really? Yeah. Or be banned from competitive play seeing how broken it is.

Espeon and Umbreon, on the other hand, are good. They aren't broken, and they can hold their own game. If both come out before MD gets rotated out, then they might just be a really good deck.

Gliscor said:
Mew and the Stadium is pure broken. I mean, think about it. LEGOES. You can speed setup Palkia G Lv.X and a full bench of basics. Lost Cyclone away, and then bring up Honchkrow G to search out the Stadium. Next turn, you win. Really? Yeah. Or be banned from competitive play seeing how broken it is.

Espeon and Umbreon, on the other hand, are good. They aren't broken, and they can hold their own game. If both come out before MD gets rotated out, then they might just be a really good deck.

Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone. You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

You wouldn't want to LEGOES yourself there... Unless your opponent keeps playing full bench for some reason...
Anyhow.. I agree with your. Lost World is just broken. Mew Prime is actually pretty interesting though. And the 2nd attack for Cresselia/Darkrai intrigues me... is it all counters on all of your opponent's pokemon to be moved or just counters on one of them?
Caus'e if it's on all pokemon.. Someone get out Tyranitar, start spreading then spam Cresselia/Darkrai! lol

banditkeith said:
Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone. You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

You wouldn't want to LEGOES yourself there... Unless your opponent keeps playing full bench for some reason...
Anyhow.. I agree with your. Lost World is just broken. Mew Prime is actually pretty interesting though. And the 2nd attack for Cresselia/Darkrai intrigues me... is it all counters on all of your opponent's pokemon to be moved or just counters on one of them?
Caus'e if it's on all pokemon.. Someone get out Tyranitar, start spreading then spam Cresselia/Darkrai! lol
OHHHHH. Woops XD. I guess the set isn't broken after all, and really puts a limit on how Mew/Lucario works. But with Lost World, one could safely say that Legoes would be sort of unplayable, so yeah.

I never thought I would see the day when a pokemon card would mention a stipulation where a player can declare him/herself winner. It reminds me of the VS system card game. It still remains to be seen if it will be feasible to get six pokemon in the lost zone without losing in the process. Would we finally see Giratina Lvl X in play?

Redux0718 said:
I never thought I would see the day when a pokemon card would mention a stipulation where a player can declare him/herself winner. It reminds me of the VS system card game. It still remains to be seen if it will be feasible to get six pokemon in the lost zone without losing in the process. Would we finally see Giratina Lvl X in play?

Agreed. I hate hate HATE Lost World. I could theoretically win the game on T2 with an Absol G X and a few poketurns. Thats just stupid. Granted not as bad as winning with all 5 pieces of Exodia in your hand, but awfully close.

Lost remover is going to be played A LOT. That basically kills the boost flygon and others got from DCE. Or at least means you need to attach a basic first, then the DCE next turn, so they can't screw with you too much.

I can't wait to see how this set trashes the metagame. I guess the great thing is that there is a chance we won't get this crud.

I think that stadium just killed the game. Six is way too low of a number, especially if someone plays with a deck full of Lost Zone cards against a Stage 2 deck. I would only use SP decks to minimize the number of pokemon going into the Lost Zone.

Totally broken unless there's a Pokemon with a body that prevents the playing of stadiums. I know there's some that remove stadiums from play but that's too late in the process.

SmeargleMe said:
I think that stadium just killed the game. Six is way too low of a number, especially if someone plays with a deck full of Lost Zone cards against a Stage 2 deck. I would only use SP decks to minimize the number of pokemon going into the Lost Zone.

Totally broken unless there's a Pokemon with a body that prevents the playing of stadiums. I know there's some that remove stadiums from play but that's too late in the process.
If the lost zone player accidentaly plays down the stadium Flygon can destroy it or use it to their advantage.

Wow, Lost Link really focuses on the Lost Zone indeed. It's also very broken. That stadium card is going to be insane. When the cards from Lost Link come out, this stadium will be in there for sure due to the reliance on the lost zone on many cards from Lost Link. Yeah, I wonder if it will be banned if it becomes too broken, much like what happened to Sneasel and Slowking, though knowing TPCi recently, I doubt it.

Mew Prime is indeed one nice card. Mew Trick may possibly come back thanks to how Mew takes advantage of getting Pokemon freely to the lost zone and then using the Pokemon's attack. What many don't realize is that Dialga G will easily take down Mew, so make sure you have a Dialga G counter. Still though, I definitely want to see how Mew works.

Man, Lost Remover is one good trainer all right. With Scizor Prime countering DCEs, Lost Remover joins too. This card will be a killer for any deck using DCE, like Plox or Flygon. Don't underestimate this trainer all right.

Espeon and Umbreon are really interesting I must say. Both could form quite a nice deck with other Eeveelutions. You have Espeon active and you have Umbreon Prime and two other Eeveelutions on the bench (the Eeveelutions from Revived Legends most likely since those from MD will most likely be rotated by the time these cards come out). You use Espeon to use many of the attacks from each Eeveelution you have out, and you have lots of good options. This indeed makes Espeon and Umbreon good contenders for the metagame. Eeveelutions may be another deck that can come back to the TCG.

Man, I can't wait for their release. I wish I can test out Mew Prime, Espeon Prime, or Umbreon Prime right now.

Mew Prime + Lucario = <3333

------------------

Lost World - Stadium

At first glance, many of you may think "ZOMGZZ!!!!1!!11!11111 ITZ SO BROKENZZ!!!11!!!111!11" But seriously, GET OVER IT. There are WAYS to counter that stupid card. Trust me.

Facing Palkia G Lv.X.
-Keep your bench small, and never go big,
-If running evolved Pokemon, only send basic Pokemon in the first Lost Cyclone, then don't fill it up again EVER.

Facing Giratina Lv.X
-Manectric PT and Nidoqueen RR kills it. Yeah?

Facing Darkrai & Cresselia Prime
-Counter this fast with a Donphan prime reponse that can do like uhh... a full Knockout with Expert Belt attached? Yeah people, that card is FOREVER to charge up so a simple Donphan Stolen with Reversal would screw them over HARDCORE.

Facing Absol G Lv.X
-Run some Power sprays to deal with it as well as some Slowking from HS.

Facing Zangoose
-If worried about that card, hide ANY pokemon if you can, Lol.

So there you go, and do us a favour - Quit overhyping any cards, it's bad for you.

Nooooo. Espeon and Umbreon being impossible to get in Japanese. T_T

Guess I'll have to settle for the English versions when they are added as some filler somewhere. Anyways, that Great Mew is awesome and is a must have.

Seems like I'll have to buy a box of the English set these cards end up in. Finally another Mew in boosters :D

If this is just a mini-set, the Mew won't cost that much on ebay, right?

And Lost World (Jurassic park?) seems like those hype-cards which eventually end up underperforming. Though this is the 1st "win the game" card I can think of. Meh, we'll find out eventually. The TCG could use a bit more banned cards anyways, the 3 or 4 cards on the historical list now are downright pathetic.

Back