(1) Four 'Lost Link' Cards and Promos Revealed [3/26]

Before saying a card is broken, like Lost World (though it may be in the end), PLAYTEST IT.

Lost Remover is really a good addition imo.

banditkeith said:
Lost World - Stadium

Each player may, during his or her turn, end the game and declare himself or herself the winner if the opponent has 6 or more Pokemon cards in his or her Lost Zone. You can only play 1 Stadium card next to your Active Pokemon during your turn. If a Stadium with a different name comes into play, discard this card.

You wouldn't want to LEGOES yourself there... Unless your opponent keeps playing full bench for some reason...
Anyhow.. I agree with your. Lost World is just broken. Mew Prime is actually pretty interesting though. And the 2nd attack for Cresselia/Darkrai intrigues me... is it all counters on all of your opponent's pokemon to be moved or just counters on one of them?
Caus'e if it's on all pokemon.. Someone get out Tyranitar, start spreading then spam Cresselia/Darkrai! lol
Well actually it wouldnt be hard to get a quick win with that card cause look at it this way with palkia g lvx and pichu from HG/SS those two in conjunction make it really fast just throw up pichu use his attack to fill the benches then next turn throw out palkia g lvx and lost cyclone.

You have to get 6 POKEMON cards in your opponents Lost Zone. So the one that removes Special Energy won't help the Stadium. And if you play the Stadium too early, your opponent can use it against you. Seriously, Lost World is not that great.
The best way to play it is Absol G with a lot of Poketurns.

Can someone explain to me why Mew is so "interesting"? It looks horribly under-broken. We already have a Mew that can do the same thing, but from. More reliable place- the discard pile.

Redux0718 said:
I never thought I would see the day when a pokemon card would mention a stipulation where a player can declare him/herself winner. It reminds me of the VS system card game. It still remains to be seen if it will be feasible to get six pokemon in the lost zone without losing in the process. Would we finally see Giratina Lvl X in play?

Well you are actually wright it is a strange fact that the lost zone let's you declare your self the winner, but when it come out i imagine there is going to be a special rule in using it, maybe....

cpeterik said:
Can someone explain to me why Mew is so "interesting"? It looks horribly under-broken. We already have a Mew that can do the same thing, but from. More reliable place- the discard pile.

The reason why Mew can be good is because it has an easy way of bringing in Pokemon to the Lost Zone, where it can then utilize its power. How does it do it? Well, here's how it goes. I'll be using some examples.

Let's say I wanted to use Flygon RR's attack (Power Swing), but really by using Mew. The thing is, you will use Mew to do this, and it has an Expert Belt. Here it goes. For a single {P} energy, you search your deck for Flygon RR and you put it into the Lost Zone. Afterwards, you shuffle your deck. On the next turn, you have Flygon RR in the Lost Zone, and you have no Flygon out, but you still have the Mew, and it has 3 energies. You now use Mew's Poke-Body to use Power Swing from the Flygon RR in your Lost Zone, and then you do 130 damage to the defending Pokemon to knock it out (for the 130 damage, it is assumed you have 5 evolved bench Pokemon, and so it does 110, and then it does 20 more for Expert Belt, so it does 130 overall). This is basically why Mew Prime is interesting and can be good. When I mean by that, it can easily bring a Pokemon of yours of what you need to the Lost Zone, and from there, you can easily do an attack.

Mew Jadester said:
Mew Prime + Lucario = <3333

------------------

At first glance, many of you may think "ZOMGZZ!1!!11!11111 ITZ SO BROKENZZ!11!111!11" But seriously, GET OVER IT. There are WAYS to counter that stupid card. Trust me.

Facing Palkia G Lv.X.
-Keep your bench small, and never go big,
-If running evolved Pokemon, only send basic Pokemon in the first Lost Cyclone, then don't fill it up again EVER.

Facing Giratina Lv.X
-Manectric PT and Nidoqueen RR kills it. Yeah?

Facing Darkrai & Cresselia Prime
-Counter this fast with a Donphan prime reponse that can do like uhh... a full Knockout with Expert Belt attached? Yeah people, that card is FOREVER to charge up so a simple Donphan Stolen with Reversal would screw them over HARDCORE.

Facing Absol G Lv.X
-Run some Power sprays to deal with it as well as some Slowking from HS.

Facing Zangoose
-If worried about that card, hide ANY pokemon if you can, Lol.

So there you go, and do us a favour - Quit overhyping any cards, it's bad for you.

So I have to Run SP for power spray, nidoqueen, donphan and manectric to counter all of the ways lost world can nuke you. That sounds like a REALLY effective deck. I mean, doesn't everyone run a 3 SP, 4 power spray tech line in their decks?

JPN Gallade said:
The reason why Mew can be good is because it has an easy way of bringing in Pokemon to the Lost Zone, where it can then utilize its power. How does it do it? Well, here's how it goes. I'll be using some examples.

Let's say I wanted to use Flygon RR's attack (Power Swing), but really by using Mew. The thing is, you will use Mew to do this, and it has an Expert Belt. Here it goes. For a single {P} energy, you search your deck for Flygon RR and you put it into the Lost Zone. Afterwards, you shuffle your deck. On the next turn, you have Flygon RR in the Lost Zone, and you have no Flygon out, but you still have the Mew, and it has 3 energies. You now use Mew's Poke-Body to use Power Swing from the Flygon RR in your Lost Zone, and then you do 130 damage to the defending Pokemon to knock it out (for the 130 damage, it is assumed you have 5 evolved bench Pokemon, and so it does 110, and then it does 20 more for Expert Belt, so it does 130 overall). This is basically why Mew Prime is interesting and can be good. When I mean by that, it can easily bring a Pokemon of yours of what you need to the Lost Zone, and from there, you can easily do an attack.
now correct me if im wrong but wouldnt mew prime go amazingly well with gyarados? cause with his attack send a gyarados to the lost zone and that lets you put 4 magikarp in the discard and then use revenge tail for full damage with mew.

JPN Gallade said:

An 80 HP double-prize does not sound like a good idea. For the trouble of wasting a turn getting Flygon in the lost zone, you might as well just charge up a real Flygon on your bench. 60 HP is horrid for this thing. the only potential combo I see is getting a Shuppet in the Lost Zone as well as an attacker so you can switch between damaging and recovering with Fade Out. Still, a horrible card.

The Gyarados idea is pretty clever, but will ultimately make it lose consistency. In an energy low deck that already needs space for Warp, Call, etc.. You can't fit any P energies, let alone ways to find them when needed, Roseannes, etc. Plus the huge thing about Gyarados is his massive HP, which Mew has not.

cpeterik said:
An 80 HP double-prize does not sound like a good idea. For the trouble of wasting a turn getting Flygon in the lost zone, you might as well just charge up a real Flygon on your bench. 60 HP is horrid for this thing. the only potential combo I see is getting a Shuppet in the Lost Zone as well as an attacker so you can switch between damaging and recovering with Fade Out. Still, a horrible card.

The Gyarados idea is pretty clever, but will ultimately make it lose consistency. In an energy low deck that already needs space for Warp, Call, etc.. You can't fit any P energies, let alone ways to find them when needed, Roseannes, etc. Plus the huge thing about Gyarados is his massive HP, which Mew has not.

True about the hp thing but most gyarados decks already have good search cards in them I think it would at least feesable.

amisheskimoninja said:
So I have to Run SP for power spray, nidoqueen, donphan and manectric to counter all of the ways lost world can nuke you. That sounds like a REALLY effective deck. I mean, doesn't everyone run a 3 SP, 4 power spray tech line in their decks?
QFT

I've got to say though, these cards will be interesting if they make it to America. I better be saving up for a box...

If these ever do come out in America, then I have to save up for it. The cards look great, and they will be good for my deck.

heres what i think of the new stadium

first of all its like exodia but for pokemon, and then a combo just came to my mind a couple seconds ago that makes me go "oh gosh this is like a catastrophe waiting to happen" Palkia G lv.X + the new stadium.....oh gosh oh gosh oh gosh! 0.o

Darkrai's art scares me. *shivers*

Yep, nothing to say about the new, broken stadium.

darnnit

OH MY GOD! Espeon Prime! It's SOOOO adorable! :D I definitely want that card...OK. That was a lie. I want thirty.

Everyone who is thinking Palkia + Lost World is a broken combo, you are misreading the card. It would make YOU lose if you send your bench to the Lost Zone...

The stadium could easily be called broken, and it just as well may be, but we've only seen what eight of the 40 cards do. There might be a counter to that stadium in the rest of the set. If the Lost Link subset focuses on the Lost Zone, I think it'd probably also focus on protecting yourself from getting Pokémon sent there as well as sending the opponent's. And when these cards are released in English, which I hope they are, rotation may have gotten rid of some or most of the cards they make powerful combos with.

I like all the cards, but Mew Prime and Lucario especially. I hope you can find a preview of Gengar Prime.

Back