(1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White' [4/10]

RE: (1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White'

The new graphics look great, but it also still looks like a pokemon game! Thats exactly what I wanted!:D

nobody know when Pokémon sunday starts it should be on soon

I eagerly await Pokemon Sunday, I have a REALLY BIG feeling they will reveal at least 1 new pokemon.

@Gigas, Fly-Gon, & Mikey: IIRC It comes on about 4:00pm my time, and I'm on Mountain Standard.

Also, can I just say I LOVE that the boy has his hat on backward? It brings back so many fond memories of Ash in the anime, LOL

Hmm... that means the "shock announcement" on Pokemon Sunday is pretty close. I can't wait for it, I just have a feeling they will show the starters.

graberjr said:
I'm kind of sad that it looks like they don't have pokemon following them. I wonder if they're going to not let us have that feature or if it's just not in these shots yet?

I really hope the feature is implemented - although there may be an option to turn it off in these games for the people who prefer traveling alone.

dont get your hopes up for any new pokemon id say predict basic info like theres this many new pokemon, weve changed this and that etc

Why would they tell us how many new ones there are? I just really think they will either show the three starters, or an evolution/prevolution of an already known pokemon.

why would they show us the 3 starters a few days after the game being properly announced

From what I can tell from the screens is that the graphics do indeed look pretty neat, ofcourse as GameFreak promised. But there's some feeling that it's too different from the original gameplay, y'know the blocky grid. However it still does look neat though.

Well, the game comes out in like 4-6 months. Seems like a good time to reveal the starters.

also to the 3ds people xD.

look at the pikachu vs meowth screen the zoraru and zorarak are rendored onto a dslite :p they did a good job blocking the whole bottom screen with them too lol.

raichupika33 said:
True, but I mean with moves at least 120+ power. I can't name one (although there probably is one).
There isn't a 120 power move that's dark currently at the moment but an example of one is Fire Blast.

This has to be one of my best weekends in my life. Pokemon Black and White have been revealed as the 5th Generation games, and now here I am, looking at the scans from the newest issue of CoroCoro. It's time to express my opinion about these games.

My gosh, this game really takes the Nintendo DS's 3D capabilities to the max. The image with the city looks awesome. It really brings the feel that you are in a huge city compared to previous games. The fact that the Poke-Mart is now in the Pokemon Center is a very interesting new mechanic. The boy and girl protangonist look pretty cool, but I can't determine which one looks cooler. Oh well, I'll just need to wait and see for the Sugimori images of the boy and girl to come out. Then I'll decide which protangonist I'll choose.

Oh yeah, and the new Pokemon battle image is also very cool. The background is especially awesome because it really brings in the feel that you are battling in a city. The fact a Pokemon's backsprite now fully displays its entire body from behind looks totally cool.

Definitely I can't wait for the games to come out in Japan. It seems that they'll bring so many new features, making them most likely to become the best Pokemon games thus far. They'll definitely be worth getting.;)

Okay, here's a little speculation:

No pokemon following the characters? I REALLY hope that changes.

Cars as a new vehicle?
This could mean two things:
a)Nintendo is appealing to the current demographic of Pokemon fans. Teenagers and older who have been with the series since the first/second version.
b)The new region is a LOT bigger.

:0 YES! I just knew the battle sprites for the player's Pokémon would become full back sprites! That's just too cool. :D I can't wait to see how that plays out with each Pokémon. (Yay for Zoroark getting Dark Pulse, too, though I guess that was expected.)

Looking forward to more news about the games.

Muno said:
Okay, here's a little speculation:

No pokemon following the characters? I REALLY hope that changes.

Cars as a new vehicle?
This could mean two things:
a)Nintendo is appealing to the current demographic of Pokemon fans. Teenagers and older who have been with the series since the first/second version.
b)The new region is a LOT bigger.

i really do hope the region is a lot bigger than previous ones :D

Totally increcible i love the 3D efects i cant wait for them

Back