(1) First 'CoroCoro' Scans of 'Pokemon Black and White' [4/10]

i love these shots!!! i cant wait to hear more about this game and see more from it! if it really does take place in the past...then that has to be one of the best ideas that they have ever had! it would be sooo cool to see older versions of the pokeball like we do in the 4th pokemon movie!

I wonder what types of Pokeballs they will have in the game. That might be something to look forward too.

You guys know what I think, I think that these images are of the past of the new region being released. My guess is that we will probably start off in the past and be able to travel to the future, or start in the future and (hopefully freely) be able to travel to the past. It makes sense actually what do you guys think?

Yeah, that seems like a feasible idea. They might not be doing that, but if they were, I would love it. I just wonder how that would happen. Perhaps the main character will have a special connection of some sort with a wild Celebi, who could transport him/her through time at key points in the game. You know, since the latest movie coming out stars Celebi along with the legendary dogs, Zorua and Zoruark.

Fire_Master said:
Yeah, that seems like a feasible idea. They might not be doing that, but if they were, I would love it. I just wonder how that would happen. Perhaps the main character will have a special connection of some sort with a wild Celebi, who could transport him/her through time at key points in the game. You know, since the latest movie coming out stars Celebi along with the legendary dogs, Zorua and Zoruark.

That may be possible. But Zorua and Zoroark are unknown to be legendary or not. As of now the only legendaries known to be in this movie are Celebi, Entei, Raikou, Suicune, and at some point Lugia, and Ho-oh. According to the first movie 13 trailer at least.

Back on topic: maybe the game takes the "time based events" concept to the next level and actually ages the region and player, to an extent at least. But I highly doubt this, and wouldn't like this, I'm just speculating.

Like I said the region would be aged, basing it on the idea of time travel..but I doubt the character would age.

It would be really cool if this was somehow based on the era when pokeballs started being used instead of apricorns. It doesn't seem too out-there, since the city and pokecenter look pretty retro in themselves as said before.

It would be really cool if we started out as a "youngster" and grew up with events.
Like when you beat the Elite Four for the first time, you wake up in your bed and your character is aged. Towns and other characters could be aged as well. It would add an interesting twist to the game. Again, this is reminiscent of Harvest Moon games.

8 gym leaders while int he present 8 gyms in the past or vice versa :p fight the older generation of the land :D. go down as the champion who mysteriously vanished and then you bare a similar relation to the old champion many npc's will say xD.

I am hoping that the 5th gen is an actual sequel and not just a host of new pokemon set in another region like generations 3 and 4 did. I want a more generation 2 'set years later' kind of game. I also want more end game material, DPPT and HGSS is limited to re challenging gym leaders, re challenging the elite 4 and HGSS's final battle with Red. Maybe they should change the end game where in the game would treat you as the real champion where you can enter the pokemon league as the champion where you wait for challengers. Or they could expand the scope and up the ante by allowing you to travel all the other existing regions where you can battle all the gym leaders and their respective pokemon leagues.

Redux0718 said:
I am hoping that the 5th gen is an actual sequel and not just a host of new pokemon set in another region like generations 3 and 4 did. I want a more generation 2 'set years later' kind of game. I also want more end game material, DPPT and HGSS is limited to re challenging gym leaders, re challenging the elite 4 and HGSS's final battle with Red. Maybe they should change the end game where in the game would treat you as the real champion where you can enter the pokemon league as the champion where you wait for challengers. Or they could expand the scope and up the ante by allowing you to travel all the other existing regions where you can battle all the gym leaders and their respective pokemon leagues.
Yeah i would love it being a sequel.
After you finish the game i reckon you can rebattle anyone and battle new trainers and have them be harder.
well either that or restarting the game in a harder mode but with all your items and pokemon, but not key items.
And once you beat the game 3 times you get to do Champions Cup where you verse the 4 Champions of Sinnoh, Hoenn, Johto and Kanto.
But not Cynthia and Steven and the others, but the Male/Female Heros.
Depending on your gender.

PS:Wow i'm thinking of alot of stuff...

I also hope that your E4 team is recorded, so when you come back to battle them again you actually battle yourself (well, your team).

I am looking forward to whatever pics or info they are revealing tomorrow. :D

As for the whole post-elite four gameplay, I would love it if they had you go to the other regions and battle your pokemon there for the Championship. I've had this idea for a while now, and had always thought that they should create a "World Championship Elite Four" where the top 5 of all the regions gather to test a trainer's strength and skill. It would be so epic if they did this with all of the old main characters (1. D/P character, 2. Hoenn character, 3. G/S character, 4. either G/S rival or R/B rival Gary, Champion: Red or for once Ash *crosses fingers*).

I'd love the option to actually become a gym leader, or an elite four member. That would be the most wonderful thing in the world to put that in the games. 5th gen seems like as good a place as any to start this.

What do you think the new pics and info will be tomorrow? Will it just be clearer shots of the bridge, city, etc. or more including that of the new professor and characters?

I would really enjoy it also if Team Rocket was the evil team in this region. They were the only good ones with a realistic plan not involving some monster scheme to take over the universe. What I'd really like from the evil team (whoever they are) this time around would be a more covert operation against them, like HGSS was shooting for when you got to disguise yourself as a Team Rocket grunt.

Shellduhr said:
I'd love the option to actually become a gym leader, or an elite four member. That would be the most wonderful thing in the world to put that in the games. 5th gen seems like as good a place as any to start this.

That would be interesting.

Does anyone know why in the new Black & White scans that the health bars for Zoroark and Zorua battling eachother are left out unless it's on the bottom DS screen this time instead of on top?

either at the bottom screen or it goes away when you use an attack.
i would love a chance to choose to join the bad team.

Card Slinger J said:
Does anyone know why in the new Black & White scans that the health bars for Zoroark and Zorua battling eachother are left out unless it's on the bottom DS screen this time instead of on top?

IIRC that's already part of the game mechanics, when you use a move the bars temporarily vanish.

Back