(1) First 3DS Pokemon Game: PokeDex 3D [6/1]

I don't know, to be honest, but I think that the game looks decent. It's good to know that the 3DS is using it's features in the game, but I personally think that it could be extended some more.

Darkness Generation said:
Any idea as to where the QR Codes cone from?
I'd imagine that when you look at a Pokémon's page there will be a button to generate a QR Code, which you can save to an SD card before uploading it onto the internet via tinypic etc.

All I can say is, I love this idea...and it's free! (Possibly a way of making up for the eShop delay?)...and the announcement is only a week before release!

pokedex-3d-hydreigon.jpg

That's a VERY good 3D Model I see there. Hopefully I can see how Volcarona would look soon.

Now the only question I have,

Who announced this game?

Please don't be CoroCoro

Darkvoid57 said:
Now the only question I have,

Who announced this game?

Please don't be CoroCoro
Haha...of course CoroCoro didn't announce it.
It'll probably be the Black and White Battrio. It's already been revealed in a different magazine.

We can only hope that that wasn't the game they were talking about.

Even though this is basically a virtual PokeDex, im gonna buy it anyway :D

Aha!

*Dances around room*

Finally, a 3DS Pokemon game! I know it isn't much, but I'll still get it mainly because it is FREE. Now all I need is my Augumented Reality TCG Game.

uuuuh so does this mean that they arent making pokemon games for the dsixl anymore? dang it

chellochello said:
uuuuh so does this mean that they arent making pokemon games for the dsixl anymore? dang it

No, it's just a free 3DS-Ware game that's just a Pokedex with 3D models. You can put the Pokemon into pictures you take too. Nothing much.

ok, woww, thats something, when are they coming out with the hardware though? pokemon gray 4evar

Since I doubt Nintendo themselves will display exact base stats, I think I'm going to stick to my phone app. Too bad the iPhone 3G runs about as well as a Snorlax on iOS 4.2.1...
Anyway back on topic: Maybe this is why they asked Apple to pull Pokedex apps? I still don't have a 3DS, but I don't have very high expectations for this.
EDIT: I see that it does display stats, but they're only that bar-style, not a specific number, which is what bugs me. Maybe there will be some sort of toggle or option between bar display and number display.

^agreed. I can do better with my free android app. They should have focused their developer's attention on something more important. (Maybe it was the intern's project?)

This is nice! A free Pokemon Ware Game! And it looks cool! And it's free!!!! This makes me want a Nintendo 3DS even more!! :D

I can't wait to get it. :D

Except I would have to win that Pokemon Regional Tournament to get a 3DS... either that, or it's for Christmas.

teeboy23 said:
This is nice! A free Pokemon Ware Game! And it looks cool! And it's free!!!! This makes me want a Nintendo 3DS even more!!!! :D

Well this makes me have some desire for the 3DS.

Oh wow, a dumb Pokedex app that only displays 16* Pokemon...I understand the concept but this is dumb!
Ha, I bet they didn't sue because they were coming out with this app, they sued because ALL the other apps were better in every single way.
I don't have time to go "catch" Pokemon IRL, and collect codes, catching 649 pokemon in-game is already a chore, a Pokedex should be quick and easy, specially for competitive gamers.

Zetaphrem said:
Oh wow, a dumb Pokedex app that only displays 16* Pokemon...I understand the concept but this is dumb!
Ha, I bet they didn't sue because they were coming out with this app, they sued because ALL the other apps were better in every single way.
I don't have time to go "catch" Pokemon IRL, and collect codes, catching 649 pokemon in-game is already a chore, a Pokedex should be quick and easy, specially for competitive gamers.

I tottally agree so i hope that this isnt the new pokemon game

Also, in fear of getting trolled, Yes I love the 3D, yes I love the Alternate Reality stuff, yes I like the concept of essentially "catching" dex entries like in the games because it's essentially on par with everything pokemon is, however...
For a competitive gamer, having what is basically an extremely incomplete pokedex, which doesn't even show numerical stats and right now only shows Gen V pokemon which is only good for Official Tournaments and the fact that there's even an android app that does all that and more plus link to sites like bulba and has a voice in it like Dexter on the show just makes this useless.
All it does is make touch phone apps lose support in return for pretty graphics.
There's a rule that dates back to the bit wars which states, great graphics a good game does not make, can be turned into super cool 3D a great pokedex does not make.
Lol you think Ash cares what the pokemon looks like in 3D, he just wants to know it's data...and his Pokedex already comes complete.

Back