(1) 'CoroCoro' Reveals Mega Pokemon and Three Kalos Pokemon [8/8]

Metalizard said:
Wait a minute... tell me if I'm late or imagining things or something but I've been thinking after reading Mega Mawile's description on the official site.
It says "Mega Mawile's Defense and Sp. Defense sharply raises". That's the same phrase used when a pokémon uses a boosting move like Swords Dance.

So my thought is: What if the Mega Evolutions don't actually change the Pokémon's base stats? What if what it actually does is giving them instant stat boosts when they Mega Evolve as if they set upped? The way it says in Mega Mawile's description makes it sound like it gains something like an instant double Cosmic Power when it Mega Evolves, but its defensive base stats are the same. If that's the case, then it means those boosts can probably be circumvented through some means like using a Pokémon with Unware or using stat-lowering moves...
I know similar things like Meloetta Pirouette and Darmanitan Zen Mode do change their base stats during battle but since Mega Evos only appear in battle and seem to only boost specific stats, what I'm saying here may actually be true... which honestly is pretty disappointing to me...

Did anybody else already thought of this and I'm just slow or what?
I thought this was assumed considering its only during battle.

I honestly only care about Mega Mawile. However, Mega Blaziken is obviously going to really OP so I'm probably going to end up using that.

ECHOxLegend said:
Metalizard said:
Wait a minute... tell me if I'm late or imagining things or something but I've been thinking after reading Mega Mawile's description on the official site.
It says "Mega Mawile's Defense and Sp. Defense sharply raises". That's the same phrase used when a pokémon uses a boosting move like Swords Dance.

So my thought is: What if the Mega Evolutions don't actually change the Pokémon's base stats? What if what it actually does is giving them instant stat boosts when they Mega Evolve as if they set upped? The way it says in Mega Mawile's description makes it sound like it gains something like an instant double Cosmic Power when it Mega Evolves, but its defensive base stats are the same. If that's the case, then it means those boosts can probably be circumvented through some means like using a Pokémon with Unware or using stat-lowering moves...
I know similar things like Meloetta Pirouette and Darmanitan Zen Mode do change their base stats during battle but since Mega Evos only appear in battle and seem to only boost specific stats, what I'm saying here may actually be true... which honestly is pretty disappointing to me...

Um... I didn't assume that. :/

I think it's just a coincidence, but we won't know until the games actually come out.

Mon1010 said:
ECHOxLegend said:

Um... I didn't assume that. :/

I think it's just a coincidence, but we won't know until the games actually come out.

Don't worry you're not the only one that didn't assume that. However, reading this; "Their abilities, stats and sometimes even types are different." Makes me think it's Base Stats. Becuase it says "different" stats and not, boosted. It may just be me looking too deep, but sometimes it's something ya gotta do.

Metalizard said:

Been wondering for the past days whether Mega Blaziken is even any better (without already having Speed Boost from start).
I mean if it turns out the only change is a +1 in Attack, its already meh since it would be holding Life Orb or something else, but if the Megaevolution also requires an extra turn to use some key item or something... then it would be better to just Swords Dance on that turn instead. o_o

Unless non-SpeedBoost Blazikens ability changes from Blaze to something new..

But on the other hand, I think it would be interesting to see MegaEvolutions have varying degrees of boosts, where Blaziken gets a lame +1 Attack, but Mawile +2 in both defenses along with a horrific doubling of Attack due to Huge Power, while Ampharos gains a type instead.
I'd love this to be so diverse and interestingly applied appropriate for each pokemon gaining the new formes.

Mitja said:
Unless non-SpeedBoost Blazikens ability changes from Blaze to something new..

I think it's like that: blaze blazikens gain speed boost upon evolution, like mawile or lucario with their respective new abilities, and speed boost blazikens don't change. It doesn't really matter that the new ability is the same as their DW ability; it's not a coincidence, but it's not related.

I think competitive wise...there might be a few good Pokemon, but like Arceus types and Giratina-O, the items are a limiting factor.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2041716/pokemon_x_y_trademarks_leak_all_mega_evolutions.html

Pokemon X & Y: Trademarks Leak All Mega Evolutions

If you're at all interested in Pokemon X and Y then chances are you already know all about the new Mega Evolutions - powerful versions of existing Pokemon.

New trademarks discovered by All About Pokemon lists a number of trademarks either registered for the first time or re-registered.

The trademarks are for just the names of the Pokemon, with suggestions that this could be for a set of Pokemon toys - such as new Rumble U figures.

This could suggest that these are to tie into new Mega Evolutions, with some of the Pokemon in the list already confirmed to be receiving a Mega Evolution version.

Additionally, the inclusion of Charizard and Blastoise is unsurprising, considering their popularity as original Pokemon - but no Venusaur?

For now take this list as completely rumour, but some of the suggestions make sense. Others just make us excited.

Here's the list in full:

Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow

Fake or real???
why no venusaur :(

Like, just because Venusaur is not listed, it doesn't mean it won't get a Mega Evolution. Do you really think there will only be those pokémon as Mega? Blaziken and Lucario are not on that list yet they have Mega Evos which btw, at the guy above, that also doesn't mean the list is fake...

Metalizard said:
Like, just because Venusaur is not listed, it doesn't mean it won't get a Mega Evolution. Do you really think there will only be those pokémon as Mega? Blaziken and Lucario are not on that list yet they have Mega Evos which btw, at the guy above, that also doesn't mean the list is fake...

Not sure if that "at the guy above" was aimed at me, but I agreed with you. . .

Trademarks mean basically nothing. There could be a bunch that haven't been tracked down yet, and Game Freak could decide not to use any of the ones that have been found. In fact, it would probably be legally prudent of them to trademark "Mega ____" for every single Pokémon there is regardless of whether they'll give it a Mega Evo or not.

MuhFugginMoose said:
Metalizard said:

Not sure if that "at the guy above" was aimed at me, but I agreed with you. . .

No, I meant the guy above you. When I wrote my post, your post wasn't there yet...

I really hope there are several Mega Evolutions for GEN V Pokemon. From what I've seen, there is a portion of the fandom who dislike this specific Gen's Pokemon the most, which I obviously disagree with, but it would be completely ridiculous to have mega evolutions from Gen I II III & IV and not V.

J31 said:
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/2041716/pokemon_x_y_trademarks_leak_all_mega_evolutions.html

Pokemon X & Y: Trademarks Leak All Mega Evolutions

If you're at all interested in Pokemon X and Y then chances are you already know all about the new Mega Evolutions - powerful versions of existing Pokemon.

New trademarks discovered by All About Pokemon lists a number of trademarks either registered for the first time or re-registered.

The trademarks are for just the names of the Pokemon, with suggestions that this could be for a set of Pokemon toys - such as new Rumble U figures.

This could suggest that these are to tie into new Mega Evolutions, with some of the Pokemon in the list already confirmed to be receiving a Mega Evolution version.

Additionally, the inclusion of Charizard and Blastoise is unsurprising, considering their popularity as original Pokemon - but no Venusaur?

For now take this list as completely rumour, but some of the suggestions make sense. Others just make us excited.

Here's the list in full:

Charizard, Blastoise, Gengar, Kangaskhan, Pinsir, Jynx, Gyarados, Aerodactyl, Mewtwo, Ampharos, Scizor, Houndoom, Tyranitar, Heracross, Gardevoir, Absol, Medicham, Banette, Latias, Latios, Aggron, Abomasnow

Fake or real???
why no venusaur :(

This isn't even the full list. I already did some searching and this was a list of SOME Pokemon getting mega evolutions. There was nothing said that this was the complete list of Pokemon getting mega evolutions. This is probably why Lucario, Blaziken (even though the list I found actually did have Blaziken), Venasuar and others weren't on the list.

200px-Giant_Gengar.png

mega gengar please

TheRoyalXerneas said:
why no venusaur :([/i]

I think this is fake, there are no Gen 5 or Gen 6 pokemon with mega forms, and Venasaur, Sceptile, and Swampert do not gain a mega form. :p Plus Mawile and Blaziken are not on the list, so nice try.

Back