(1) 'CoroCoro' Leaks - New B2W2, Anime, and TCG Info! [5/11]

Anzu is Janine, not Koga. Notice her scarf is off to one side; Koga's sprite head-on is symmetrical.

NICE!! So much wonderful news!! :D The new Pokemon game is shaping up to be the best game ever! I'm a huge fan of Black & White (though HGSS were excellent as well!) and this sequel business is just amazing!

Loving the new formes on the Kami Trio.

Seems like the White Kyurem card is better than Black Kyurem, as it can't do 150 over multiple turns.

Seems like the White Kyurem card is better than Black Kyurem, as it can't do 150 over multiple turns.
White Kyurem EX with Emboar? That actually sounds like a good idea...almost like a rehashed version of Reshiboar with not so glaring of a Weakness...I think. Then again, the problem with Kyurem-boar is that you can only promote at most 3 Kyurem, as opposed to 6 Reshiram.
I dunno, it's worth a shot, but if the success of Garchomp is any indicator, it could scare Kyurem out of here. (It can OHKO a Kyurem with one PlusPower and one Altaria for only {F}, if my calculations are correct.)

Shiningmilotic said:
Anyone find it semi-racist they replaced Lenora with Cheren? :p I showed my friends at work the news and they immedietly pointed that out 0_0

facepalm

ameyzing said:
then i wonder who is the turtle?

I don't think there will be any turtle since they're a trio... But they could always introduce a fourth member in gen VI...

Metalizard said:
I don't think there will be any turtle since they're a trio... But they could always introduce a fourth member in gen VI...

Keldeo gets a new form as a turtle and in a massive plot twist reveals that when he left the musketeers he joined the Kami trio instead! Makes so much sense, doesn't it?

The Kyurem EXes look meh competitively. White Kyurem + Volcarona is decent because it can OHKO any EX but so can Rayquaza EX, and Rayquaza EX is probably easier to set up and more consistent. Black Kyurem EX won't find too many scenarios in which its more useful than Rayquaza EX either.

Dark Void said:
Keldeo gets a new form as a turtle and in a massive plot twist reveals that when he left the musketeers he joined the Kami trio instead! Makes so much sense, doesn't it?
Sir you've blown my mind!
Then again it could be a Regi-like situation - Registeel appeared to be the (internal) trio leader until Gen IV and Regigigas were revealed. Maybe there's another Kami coming along...possibly related to Suijin?

The Kyurem EXes look meh competitively. White Kyurem + Volcarona is decent because it can OHKO any EX but so can Rayquaza EX, and Rayquaza EX is probably easier to set up and more consistent. Black Kyurem EX won't find too many scenarios in which its more useful than Rayquaza EX either.
The only thing I can see Kyurom having over Kyuram is the chance of paralysis, and even so that isn't very tempting, given how there are options like Vanilluxe and Accelgor which can paralyze much more reliably. Kyuram COULD see some use with Emboar, given how you can pair it with Energy Retrieval and pump out 150 per turn, or if you can't draw into one you can do 60 and recycle a bit, maybe.

And I don't think you really need to run it with Volcarona. 150 plus a tails flip on Burn is an OHKO for most EXs, and for the others with 180 HP, you can drop a PlusPower or hope for 2 tails. Even so, Volcarona still needs the tails flip. Now, if we still had Heatran LV.X around...

^How did Registeel appeared to be the internal trio master? It doesn't have anything superior to the other two...

Metalizard said:
^How did Registeel appeared to be the internal trio master? It doesn't have anything superior to the other two...
You might want to check out the Sealed Chamber again.
Oh, by the way, Steel is super-effective against Rock and Ice, plus it's balanced unlike the other two. There's evidence to suggest that Registeel is...or rather, was...an internal trio master.

NachoMan said:
Hope the US gets some news soon!

Soon.
Metalizard said:
It was the internal leadr because it had equal defences, both at 150, while Regirock had 180 Defence and Regice with 180 SpD

^200, not 180...

Usually, the internal trio master is the one who has higher BST and can calm/punish/stop the other two (which is the case for both Rayquaza and Landorus). Registeel doesn't have any more importance or power over the other two, it's only a balance between Regirock and Regice. That doesn't make it a master, makes it neutral...

Oh, and there's nothing on the Sealed Chamber inscriptions that suggest Registeel could have been the internal trio master. If you look at the musketeers for example (which is a quartet and not a trio anyway), even though they all have the same BST, Cobalion is specifically said to be their leader. And type (effectiveness and if it's balanced or not) doesn't mean anything. Most trio masters can't cause supereffective damage to the trio members with their STABs... Going by your logic, if the other existing trios didn't have trio masters, the birds (for example) would have Zapdos as their master since it's the one with the better typing...

Registeel is as equal to Regice and Regirock as any member of a trio could be.
The other being weak to it? Does Enteis inferiority of not having an advantage over another member make the other two internal trio masters? No.

Trio masters. Damn you bulbapedia. That term needs an upgrade because it is too specific, AND because it doesn't cover any group with different amount of members than three.
Usually it takes way radical new content that contradict old terms and enough time for it to become glaringly obvious as a fail to everyone, for it to be replaced by more suiting terms, but I can always share my thoughts before it happens on its own when a quintet with 2 superior members is added in gen XII...lol!

Anyways.
Keldeo, unlike Registeel or similar, however is not an equal member. There is no need to force a quartet classification on them just because "trio master" doesn't work. The logical thing to do would be to change "trio master" to "additional member, or "special/extra/hidden" member.
The musketeers are a perfect trio, plus Keldeo. It doesn't have better stats like, Regigigas, but:
-first off the obvious: its an event pokemon. those guys at the end of the dex that you cannot obtain by normal means.
-it has a unique move which it doesnt share with the trio: Secret Sword. Actually, to learn it, you have to bring the trio along with it to the Icirrus marsh to unlock it, similar to how other legendary groups (yes its that easy, replacing trio with group and it fits all examples) unlock their additional members (golems>regigigas, Weather duo>Rayquaza in HGSS, beasts>Ho-oh, Lake guardians>dimension trio, kami demons>harvest kami), although these are actually making them obtainable, which couldn't be done as they decided to make it even an event.
Its like they trained it up to their level of power and then thaught it this one final unique move
--also its Quick Attack has STAB (Aqua Jet) and it learns Sacred Sword a level later.
-then theres the story of the trio rescuing Keldeo, who was not with them from the start, noticing his potential, and training him, which surprisingly results in this little pony becoming even as strong as them. So while it is equally powerful in stats, consider that its strong while its design is less grownup or elegant for lack of words, know what I mean?
They're the musketeers, they don't need a master, they have an apprentice with better potential than themselves instead. Gamefreak is always trying to do things slightly different than previous occasions.
Cobalion lead pokemon away from the danger on the rescue mission in lore, but Terrakion removed the obstacles and Virizion protected them (or something along these lines, anyone able to find the reference?), its more like, each one contributing in their own way, not a showcasing of Cobalions superiority or something..
-The trio share their heights with the older quadruped trio: the beasts of Johto, Entei(Cobalion 2.1m), Suicune(Virizion 2.0m) and Raikou (Terrakion 1.9m), while Keldeo is 1.6m. What a coincidence /sarcasm

In short,
Keldeo=event
trio master-->additional/extra/hidden/special member
legendary trio/duo/quartet-->legendary group (unless reffering to the 50% that are indeed equally different with no one really sticking out)
Keldeo: not trio master, not member of quartet, its the apprentice that surpasses its trio of masters.

I guess that 'trio master' isn't the apropriate therm. But I also had this feeling during the third gen that Registeel were the leader. Sure, we couldn't call it a 'master', but, taking as an example other trios, Suicune and Mesprit.

Suicune was turned into a Version mascot, received its own backstory. Whenever you look to that trio, don't you guys imagine it as their leader?
Same case for Mesprit. It's a roamer, different from the other ones, it is balanced, while the others are offensive/defensive biased...

I know Registeel lacks this 'feel', but I believe that's mostly because the Legendary Golems are not part of RSE's plot at all. It is balanced, it has a type advantage, and it comes last in the Pokedex (something that also happens with Suicune, Mesprit and Cobalion).

@ Delta Nite, haha. Yeah, Registeel did lack that feel.

@ Mitja, good points there. I agree.

Do you remember some previous scans that had Akuroma in them? He/she/it appeared the World Tournament arena. So Akuroma could be a Gym Leader?

TheOtterBoy said:
Do you remember some previous scans that had Akuroma in them? He/she/it appeared the World Tournament arena. So Akuroma could be a Gym Leader?
That was just Pokéwood...

Teal said:
That was just Pokéwood...

No it isn't. Actually, it wasn't in a scan, it was in the first gameplay trailer, so here it is:

[video=youtube]http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WjrXoEkG6JA[/video]

Skip around to 0:38.

Delta Nite said:
I guess that 'trio master' isn't the apropriate therm. But I also had this feeling during the third gen that Registeel were the leader. Sure, we couldn't call it a 'master', but, taking as an example other trios, Suicune and Mesprit.

Suicune was turned into a Version mascot, received its own backstory. Whenever you look to that trio, don't you guys imagine it as their leader?
Same case for Mesprit. It's a roamer, different from the other ones, it is balanced, while the others are offensive/defensive biased...

I know Registeel lacks this 'feel', but I believe that's mostly because the Legendary Golems are not part of RSE's plot at all. It is balanced, it has a type advantage, and it comes last in the Pokedex (something that also happens with Suicune, Mesprit and Cobalion).

Well whenever you have a trio, one of them will be the final one, or the introduction one (like Cobalion), or be a balance while the other two are opposite extremes etc.

The thing with Suicune was pretty much the lack of a legendary to put on the third version. And since the anime set up Suicune as more special anyway, they went with that (the Pikachu thing for Yellow was also anime caused).
Generation 2 was made alongside generation 1. When they designed all the legends, they didn't plan ahead for a third star back then. There simply was no better choice than Suicune. But as we all know, they learned their lesson from that and prepared ahead every generation since.
I still wish they would have made all the Suicune ingame events in HGSS be either beast, depending on your starter choice, like FRLG.. it would have seemed more properly done, but they went for peoples Crystal nostalgia obviously.

As for Mesprit... Thats another story. Those three spirits are actually all more interesting than they seem, it's just more evident for Mesprit because it roams.
Gamefreak picks a theme for each generation. Generation 4 was supposed to be the ultimate one, the generation that adds a bunch of bonus stuff and goes off with a big party XD..
So instead of a usual legendary trio, they made the mascots a true trio instea, but also made a sub-trio in addition, but giving all of them the cliche types of legendaries: Psychic.
If you think of gen 4 as the cherry on top of the package till that point,
you might notice something interesting about these 3 lake guardians.
They are the past 3 trios in pixie form. Like their spiritual representatives or something.
-Azelf
It is offensively oriented.
The birds are the only trio who are encountered in their natural habitat (Will).
-Mesprit
It is balanced.
The beasts run away and roam (Emotion)
-Uxie
It represents Knowledge, and is defensively oriented.
The golems are sealed within chambers behind braille puzzles (Knowledge). They lack actual eyes, Uxies are closed.

So what makes a trio is that the members of the group are equally different (they share the same amount of features and have the same amount of differences. None of them should have bonus attacks, stats, types, etc.). Hence The misketeers are trio+1 instead of a quartet, just like the golems are not a quartet but a trio+1.

I would argue that Kyogre and Groudon are a perfect duo+guardian with Rayquaza instead of a trio but that's another story.

Back