(1) CoroCoro Leaking [8/7]

I kind of count it. But the fact it exists is evidence in my mind that Gen 5 and 6 Megas are "possible".

So so far we have 2 new memes in Pokemon, the Fluffy Dragons and the Elaborately Dressed Fairies.

Mega Lopunny / Salamence is a great design . I'm really love the design .

But for Mega Altaria . I'm a little disappoint . I think they can design much better more than this .

fanart_hu_gon_by_fakemon_by_fer_gon-d5hkcov.jpg
This time fakemon design look so much better than official pokemon

...yeah, Mence is totally a jet now. Not sure how I didn't realize that earlier--it seems pretty obvious in hindsight, as it explains the stationary wings, backwards facing legs, and lack of front legs.

Eh. The Lati twins already had that concept covered and we have Megas of them coming as well. Perhaps there's something more to the design that I'm missing that'd make me appreciate it more, but right now I'm kinda wishing they'd went with xXSUPER ULTIMATE BADASS ULTRA DRAGONXx after all.

I wasn't expecting Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny. I bred those pokemon a while ago and it seems I'll be able to actually use them in battles lol.

Is it true that Bulbapedia blew the leaker's cover before he could finish revealing pictures?

Salamence's design is...okay I guess. It's nothing too bad but I wonder what they were going for.

What bugs me is that Mega Altaria out of all things can be hit by Earthquake.

go home gamefreak, you're drunk.

I was okay with Charizard X, but if they do stuff like this, introducing an "airborne" mechanic is waaaaay overdue.
>Make Flying resist Ground
>make moves "ground-targeted" (which should include most Ground moves obviously, but not all either)
>have each pokemon be considered either airborne or not (a wing icon somewhere in the stat-window or similar)
And tada, suddenly all the dual type bugs are fixed (ie Dustox getting hit by Ground moves), Flygon can get Sandstream instead of a Levitate-excuse-of-ability (and maybe even Weezing getting a new toy?), and perhaps a Vanilluxe is then immune to Surf or some other non-Ground moves that fit the ground-targeted category etc etc...

only problem with this suggestion is that Levitate becomes useless. But it's not like they couldn't just change it's effect to something else, like keeping it airborne even in Gravity.

Just woke up and gazed at the information we got. Must say I'm surprised. I love the Mega Altaria design and the typing, from what I read, appears to be beast. As for Mega Salamence....hard to say. I mean, I can see the jet/spaceship theme here, but I believe it could have been better, like having the wings be placed backwards. Love the head design though and the part that its legs got retracted back into its body, but from all Megas so far....Salamence has gotten the most radical/drastic design so far...to the point it appears like a whole new fourth stage of evolution. I still need to get used to it.

As for Lobunny's Mega, surprised that a Gen 4 Pokémon got a Mega, but at the same time, I'm not impressed. Its limbs just got longer and she gained ripped stockings on its legs. Its pretty much the most ugly, but I don't mind, because I never had any interest in her to begin with.

Well, the concept of Salamence was that it finally realized its dream of flying that it had as a Bagon (which supposedly throws itself off of cliffs attempting to fly), so in that sense, the Mega design makes perfect sense as an exaggeration of that.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised at Lopunny getting one (there's already 3 killer megas from gen 4). What we need is a regular gen 5 and 6 pokemon getting a mega to show that those are possible too.

alex020295 said:
Mega Altaria looks amazing and cute omg so fluffy...Mega lopunny that's a 1 in a mil....I mean it was unexpected but at least it confirms mega evos from other regions
..and mega salamence Idk mixed feelings why did it become a space ship y does it have no front legs Idk it will take some time to get used too...
BTW Altaria doesn't need hyper voice ddance + return is a killer if it has the speed and atk to sweep.
I'm pretty sure Diancie confirmed that

Mitja said:
Well, the concept of Salamence was that it finally realized its dream of flying that it had as a Bagon (which supposedly throws itself off of cliffs attempting to fly), so in that sense, the Mega design makes perfect sense as an exaggeration of that.

Not sure why anyone would be surprised at Lopunny getting one (there's already 3 killer megas from gen 4). What we need is a regular gen 5 and 6 pokemon getting a mega to show that those aren't staying exclusive to first 4 gens like in XY.
Mega Diance. I'm pretty sure that counts as gen 6

thegrovylekid said:
Mitja said:
Not sure why anyone would be surprised at Lopunny getting one (there's already 3 killer megas from gen 4). What we need is a regular gen 5 and 6 pokemon getting a mega to show that those aren't staying exclusive to first 4 gens like in XY.

I said regular for a reason.

I'm a HUGE gen 4 fan, so mega lopunny is my favourite out of all these. And with that and mega Diance, only gen 5 hasn't gotten a mega [No complaints there] Also, mega lopunny can FINALLY take advantage of it's good special move pool. Shadow ball, Blizzard, Focus blast, Shock wave, the list goes on!
It'll probably still be a physical attacker, but I'll definitely use one. It looks like a prettily good aegis lash counter.

Mitja said:
thegrovylekid said:

I said regular for a reason.
then we'll probably get something absurd like mega stout land

First of all, Mega-Altaria serves to prove that even the most unlikely things can happen. In the new mega-evolutions thread for AS/OR someone wished for a Dragon/Fairy while some other would say that that would be nonsense with Flying and wings being an essential part of Altaria's design. And now here we have!!

As for the designs, M-Salamence seems illogical...is it a Gliscor, an airplane or just Superman!? Also, I don't like its wings since they remind me of Cressila and the crescent moon theme. Salamence just looks like the plane for some super-hero.
M-Altaria...new Swirlix evolution!? The tail reminds me of Chimecho and Honedge, namely this last one so along with the rest, it just seems unoriginal.
Mega-Lopunny reminded me of Quiet, a female sniper from Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain whose stockings are torn and with holes and the character was accused of being sexualised, just like Lopunny. Otherwise, seems fine.

PS: As for Contests, it's too bad that the red outfit is only for those, because it rocks!! :p

PS2: Isn't it weird that the new Contest character has an Altaria instead of Milotic. I know this last one represents Beauty but it's also the most associated Pokémon when talking about Contests....Does this mean Wallace might have a Mega-Milotic!? Just saying...

At first I thought Mega Salamence stole Rayquaza's head and Mega Altaria stole Christopher Columbus' hat simply because GF was feeling uninspired. But now I realize they have a reason.
Bagon having always wanted to be able to fly, would of course want to emulate the king of the skies, Rayquaza! Sort of like wanting to be just like your idol. So when it finally accomplished this feet, it'd want to pay homage to who inspired it.
As for Altaria, they made her look like Christopher Columbus because he was credited with traveling a vast distance through uncharted waters to discover new land. Part of Altaria's description from Pokemon Sapphire (and probably Alpha Sapphire) is that "This Pokémon catches updrafts with its buoyant wings and soars way up into the wild blue yonder." So it also travels far distances into the unknown, much like Christopher Columbus did!

Haven't taken a look at each scan yet (just Mega Altaria), but I think it's kinda cool that Swablu starts as Normal/Flying, evolves into a Dragon/Flying Altaria, and through Mega Evolution Altaria ends up a Dragon/Fairy. Love the typing, however unexpected it was. However, Mitja's suggestion of adding an "airborne" mechanic is wonderful, so I'm hoping Gamefreak revises Sky Battles in the future to include something similar.

Time to check out the other new Megas!

Wow, leaks already? That was fast.

So Mega Altaria and Lopunny...I must say, pretty unexpected. Especially Lopunny. It's nice to see another Gen 4 Pokemon getting a Mega.
And Mega Altaria? It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!!! :D Pretty cool typing too.

I'm still debating whether Mega Salamence is the most awesome thing I've ever seen or the weirdest. Those wings look really sharp. I mean, that it could slice anything in half that's floating in its path!

I'm really loving Mega Altaria! I was a big fan of the Swablu line to begin with, and this extra addition is definitely welcome. Dragon/Fairy is an interesting and new typing as well.

Back