(1) 'Collection X' and 'Collection Y' Leaking, Scans and Translations! [12/11]

Finally Eviolite is for everything. Loving that punk guy artwork. :3

Tons of broken image links.

Is this a result of the site or my PC?

Otherwise, It looks okay. Rainbow Energy is back, Evo Soda and Professor's Letter are DEFINITE playables.

Is it just me or is this set freaking all over the place? Basic evolutions, completely random (not to mention terrible) EX cards, full arts of Pokemon that evolve etc. etc.

Sadly, there are a lot of broken links for me, too.

However, the best thing about this update? It confirms that Full Arts are still in the TCG! :D So happy. Those cards are so fun and beautiful.

MAGIC ROOM ON A STAGE 1?! Well format, it was fun, but I must bid you adieu. You don't even need to be Accelgor to use this card for great effect.
Raichu seems like a cool card. It OHKO's Empoleon for a DCE. I could easily see it in a deck like Flareon.
lol "Punk Guy." I seems like a fun card. It's sorta like an auto Super Scoop Up, but a little more balanced.
Super Potion is back, but it's boosted by 50% like Potion. I think it's pretty balanced. I wouldn't be surprised if it saw some play.
Yay, Rainbow Energy is back. Definitely seems like a fun card to play around with.
Prof's letter, go away. What was wrong with Energy Search? It was a totally balanced card, and then we get this thing. Oh right, this is a Trading Card Game, it has power creep. How could I be so silly?

What in tarnation is Red Card? It seems too easy to play one of those turn 1 and give your opponent a really crappy set up. Then again, it doesn't help you set up, so most people probably won't play it. But disruption decks sure will love that card. Turn 2 Trevenent + Red Card = you lose. Also, Red Card is a poor name choice. A card game with a card with card in the name seems a little odd, don't ya think?

Most of the Full Arts look okay. It might just be the early scans, but they look really dark, and the background seems to pop out too much.

Red Card is an in-game item.

Also, the images are supposed to be like that. Wouldn't hurt do read the introduction text, huh?

Four Arms said:
Most of the Full Arts look okay. It might just be the early scans, but they look really dark, and the background seems to pop out too much.

In my opinion, FA cards always look like this in photos/scans, dark and kind of crappy, so it doesn't seem any different to me. You just can't do proper justice to the FAs, especially the really high quality Japanese ones, with a photo or scan; they need to be seen and felt in person.

Love the Full Art Venusaur/Blastoise cards. However I find it strange that the Mega cards don't have Full Art cards, unless there are and there are just no scans yet.

They seem to have a huge boner for Emolga as well.

I forsee some nasty control decks coming out in the near future. Both Gothitelle/Trevenant Lock and a different deck, focusing on other things...

when i taught XY wouldn't use any FA .. Now I am forced to expand my FA collection. But to holo treatment is quite interesting

I can't believe it.. something like Emolga got an EX but not the remaining legendary

Wow that Blastoise full art. I want it 0_0 Anyway I could see Raichu seeing play to counter Yveltal.

Awesome Cards We haven't seen- Skarmory EX & FA, Blastoise FA
Bad Cards we haven't seen: Emolga EX & FA

Sadly it seems Megas won't have FAs :(

Reggie McGigas said:
Awesome Cards We haven't seen- Skarmory EX & FA, Blastoise FA
Bad Cards we haven't seen: Emolga EX & FA

Sadly it seems Megas won't have FAs :(

They could do an about face on us and have the Mega FA's be the Secrets of the set.

I should rephrase that as 'I hope'

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the secret cards were some variation on the Mega forms, either as FAs or Shinies, or even something different.

Athena said:
I actually wouldn't be surprised if the secret cards were some variation on the Mega forms, either as FAs or Shinies, or even something different.

Yeah it just seems silly to make FA's of what is essentially a Basic card and not have FA's of their Evolutions. *shrug*

Just when I think I'm done with the tcg for good, they come out with beautiful full art cards and another semi-playable Zoroark. Crap. Looks like I know where my money is going after Christmas.... and whenever this comes out.

MtheW said:
Looks like I know where my money is going after Christmas.... and whenever this comes out.

The Japanese set is officially released this weekend, which is why we're getting the scans now. The English-language International release date is the 5th of February, 2014.

Back