(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' Scans! [3/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palbert6393

Aspiring Trainer
pokemonjoe said:
Gothitelle is not stopped by Garbador. Gothitelle locks trainers, so they wouldn't be able to attach tools. Garbador isn't as broken as people think it is. Tool Scrapper kills it.
It is stopped if garbodor beats it out (at least temporarily). But the two of them do not work together. As for gothitelle being stopped, is it all that important? I mean Gothitelle isn't used now, I'd be suprised if its used anytime soon with Mewtwo running rampant.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Palbert6393 said:
It is stopped if garbodor beats it out (at least temporarily). But the two of them do not work together. As for gothitelle being stopped, is it all that important? I mean Gothitelle isn't used now, I'd be suprised if its used anytime soon with Mewtwo running rampant.
We're talking about way in the future. Mewtwo EX will probably be not be as popular. Also, I was talking to someone else about Gothitelle.
EDIT: Wow, I just realized that Garbador locks your own abilities. The two do not work together, but Gothitelle still shuts Garbador down.

Magnezone_Elf

Sexy as ever!!!
Gothitelle doesn't shut garbodar down. Gothitelle will be played by the time we get Garbodar, but there's still no telling what will happen. You should be able to play a tool before the goth is active, but you can be beat by tool scrapper, but who says Gothitelle-Gardevoir-Garbodor wont be the main Garbodor deck? Or just Goth/Garb.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Why are you running Gothitelle and Garbodor in the same deck? That's ridiculous; it defeats the whole purpose of using Gothitelle.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Magnezone elf: Think about it Garbador locks all abilities, even yours. Don't worry, it took me a while to get it. Gothitelle completely locks Garbador down. Play tool scrapper and they can't do crap.

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
scuba steveE said:
Epic combo of the year: Garbodor + Slaking. Though Slaking is still kinda meh.

Sounds nice because then you could hit 100 damage to any pokemon for 2 DCE. Though set-up might be too difficult...

pokemonjoe said:
We're talking about way in the future. Mewtwo EX will probably be not be as popular. Also, I was talking to someone else about Gothitelle.
EDIT: Wow, I just realized that Garbador locks your own abilities. The two do not work together, but Gothitelle still shuts Garbador down.

Gothitelle only stops Garbordor if you can set up Gothitelle BEFORE they get a tool card on their Garbordor, which is unlikely since Gothitelle is a stage 2.

Deus: Nightmare Autarch said:
I vote for the return of Take Out in BW6. Who's with me?

Take Out would be a fun move to bring back, however with all of the EX pokemon being basic there would have to be a really bad recoil or attack cost. And it would have to be on a Stage 2 or an EX itself, like 27th_wonder said...
But it would be really fun to have back!

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
olimar1023 said:
Sounds nice because then you could hit 100 damage to any pokemon for 2 DCE. Though set-up might be too difficult...

Gothitelle only stops Garbordor if you can set up Gothitelle BEFORE they get a tool card on their Garbordor, which is unlikely since Gothitelle is a stage 2.

Take Out would be a fun move to bring back, however with all of the EX pokemon being basic there would have to be a really bad recoil or attack cost. And it would have to be on a Stage 2 or an EX itself, like 27th_wonder said...
But it would be really fun to have back!
Tool. Scrapper. Why does everyone forget that? It's pretty much the only reason Garbador isn't broken.

DNA

Advanced Member
pokemonjoe said:
Magnezone elf: Think about it Garbador locks all abilities, even yours. Don't worry, it took me a while to get it. Gothitelle completely locks Garbador down. Play tool scrapper and they can't do crap.
^What this guy said.
Garbodor is probably best paired with Zebstrika's Disconnect for this purpose.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Palbert6393 said:
don't forget though garbodor also shuts off gothitelle, so the only way to trainer/ability lock is with zebstrika. i think it could be useful in 6 corners because it would shut off all your opponents energy acceleration. Or maybe splashing into durant?

also: garbodor completely erases all usefulness of Mew Ex and Shedinja
Oh, silly me. I keep forgetting it stops your Abilities too.

@those other people, rotation hasn't been confirmed, and some people play unlimited.

DNA

Advanced Member
Unlimited is the format of FTK decks, Celebi. And in Unlimited, people would probably run a Muk anyway, because it locks Poke-Powers and Poke-Bodies, both of which are arguably more common.
But it doesn't lock Abilities.

GOTHITELLE + MUK IN UNLIMITED GOGOGOGOGOGO

Unfallible

im more perfecter then u :P
27th_wonder said:
based on the way the game has been going, I wouldn't be surprised if they expanded the mechanic so those types don't have the advantage. They could apply the damage change effects to other energies or, maybe, follow the course of rescue energy to rescue ribbon, where it becomes a tool card instead. ... [emphasis added]

They already have. It's called darkness claw. That's the new sp darkness energy.

The Yoshi

Wumbo
pokemonjoe said:
Tool. Scrapper. Why does everyone forget that? It's pretty much the only reason Garbador isn't broken.

Hahaha no. Good thing Pokemon Catcher exists in this format. (and Raikou EX will eventually)

I have to say, I'm loving the artwork on some of these cards. I'm not too impressed with the EX artwork, but ah well, I'll hope for the better next time.

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
...should I feel kind of dumb for not noticing that Tool Scrapper was a watered-down version of Windstorm until now? ._.

DNA

Advanced Member
Yes, you probably should, seeing as a lot of people have been talking about it :p

Archeops

Aspiring Trainer
Seems Like a very nice set to me, Not a ton of amazing stuff, but it looks like it may do allot for the game and make it a bit more interesting.

Things I'm looking forward to with this set:

Terrakion EX (Yes finally rock can have acceleration to some extent!)
Rayquaza EX (Woah. seems like a power house to me. New magnezone.)

Shadinja/Ninjask (Even though garbodor/zebstrika ruins it if your not fast enough, I feel this would be tons of fun and it could work with disruption. Crosses fingers we get a new junk arm.)

Garbodor/Zebstrika ND (Seems like a good deck If you can make a fast consistent build. Zebstrika takes out tool scrapper, garbodor takes out abilities. Maybe eels for zeb, or some ex's for an end sweep?)

Ho-oh EX (Though not to amazing the ability is still cool in my eyes so I hope we see a few cool rogues with this one.)

Tool Scrapper (Quite useful and about the only reason garbodor isnt broken.)

Special Energy (Both in the set.) (These seem pretty useful, and very helpful with dragon pokemon.Unless I'm wrong with what the cards mean, which is usually, I'm thinking the additions of these cards will make the meta faster and more agressive.)

I think some other decent cards in the set are: Ampharos, Boufalant,Ninetails, and all of the trainers.

I haven't taken an amazing look into the set yet so I probably left out a couple of the better cards.

DNA

Advanced Member
I don't think Garbodor would be broken even if it didn't have the Tool drawback. It would definitely be VERY powerful, but not broken. Remember - there are a lot of decks even right now that can function perfectly fine without Abilities. It could hurt decks like Reuniclus variants, anything with Eels, or the random Ho-Oh - but that isn't a vast percentage of all decks.

Mewtwo is broken. Garbodor is not.

Slowbro

Aspiring Trainer
Yes, I suppose not broken, but tool scrapper definitely hurts Garbador. However, Eel variants are a huge percentage of the meta.
The Yoshi: Good thing large cloak will exist when Garbador comes out.

DNA

Advanced Member
A large percentage right now, anyway. The thing is that we won't get Garbodor for another two sets; odds are that Garbodor will NOT be in Dark Explorers. (If it is, though, that'd be pretty cool.) A lot can change between now and then, seeing how Terrakion is rapidly on the rise.
And why Large Cloak? I'd rather put Rescue Scarf on Garbodor instead to use his Ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.