(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' Scans! [3/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great cards!
Lots of great rogue decks to try (All I can ever seem to make are rogue decks or top-tier decks with a strong twist :p)!

Aggron will defiantly make it into Durant decks. Jumpluff could go into The Truth to put 80 damage on it and then use its ability to pick it up.
Terrikion EX could work with Conkelldurr, think of pairing him with Electrode Prime so Conkelldurr has MASSIVE health. Of course psychic weakness isnt good.
Ampharos looks great for disruption, maybe with Vileplume? Slaking is terrible in this format with all those basics running around.
We all say Reshiram and Zekrom and a few other cards with high health are walls, but Wailord is a CONCRETE PILLAR. However its attacks dont live up to that health, too bad.
All in all, AWESOME!

proofreading:

~It's Sealeo, not Sealio
~Emolga's 2nd attack is not mentioned
~With Rapid Spin, I think Claydol's controller switches first, and then the opponent switches.
~On Stunfisk, on the spoilers, it doesn't say Rumble does 40 damage. (A minor fix)
~Both of Ambipom's attacks are misspelt

I'm mildly proud of myself that I got most of the translations correct - including Slaking; I looked at it later myself to see if I could get it. Whee!!

scuba steveE said:
I think it's funny how they pretty much remade Ampharos Prime, but way better.
Rotomdabomb said:
Accept the new ampharos is better!
Umm I said it was better
olimar1023 said:
Great cards!
Lots of great rogue decks to try (All I can ever seem to make are rogue decks or top-tier decks with a strong twist :p)!

Aggron will defiantly make it into Durant decks. Jumpluff could go into The Truth to put 80 damage on it and then use its ability to pick it up.
Terrikion EX could work with Conkelldurr, think of pairing him with Electrode Prime so Conkelldurr has MASSIVE health. Of course psychic weakness isnt good.
Ampharos looks great for disruption, maybe with Vileplume? Slaking is terrible in this format with all those basics running around.
We all say Reshiram and Zekrom and a few other cards with high health are walls, but Wailord is a CONCRETE PILLAR. However its attacks don't live up to that health, too bad.
All in all, AWESOME!
Remember, we won't get these until after the rotation, so if you're going to go ahead and come up with strategies, think either CoL and on or BW and on.

I see Ho-Oh, Mew, Terrakion and Rayquaza to be the better EXs. Sigilyph, Ampharos, Ninjask and Shedjinga (these two I pair together because Shedinja can only be played with Ninjask), Manectric, Altaria, Ninetails and Aggron to be the good pokemon (excluding EXs). Walerien, Dustox, Wailord (lol), Beautyfly, Golurk and Bouffulant to be interesting. When these cards are released I will buy allof the boxes! Laughs.

scuba steveE said:
Umm I said it was better
Remember, we won't get these until after the rotation, so if you're going to go ahead and come up with strategies, think either CoL and on or BW and on.

your're right, but i might as well plan now and change plans later :cool:

I know it would never be effective, but Beautifly/Mew EX/Ho-oh EX seems like it'd be fun. use Beautifly to put different energy on Mew and Ho-oh for Rainbow Burn or whatever you want with Mew, when Mew's about to die you can use Replace to put the energy on Ho-oh.

Cards I want from the Dragon Blade/Dragon Blast Japanese Pokémon expansion:
- Milotic (3 cards from my deck for 1 energy?!)
- Manectric ('dat Energy Crush)
- Gothitelle (Two heads for a 1HKO? Challenge accepted. Also, its attack names are so going to get changed)
- Garchomp (100 damage for 2 energies?)
- Durant (Recycle all the cards!)

and the one I want the most:
- Mew-EX (Just...amazing).

Also, I noticed that a lot of the Pokémon have their illustrations around the Pokémon League or N's Castle, despite not being in the Unova Pokédex...hmmm...

Rotomdabomb said:
I am confused now that there is garbodor should I play eels with rayquaza or emboar p.s. I have no electrode

Sigiliph isn't the only mewtwo killer here lemme count 2. Drifblibm,mew ex! Boom!

don't emboar cuz ampharos is gonna !@#$%^&* all over you(well, not really, only during setup since amp must be active). At least eel can snipe with raikou EX or use tool scrapper.

olimar1023 said:
Great cards!

We all say Reshiram and Zekrom and a few other cards with high health are walls, but Wailord is a CONCRETE PILLAR. However its attacks don't live up to that health, too bad.
All in all, AWESOME!
[\quote]
Finally someone who doesnt forget conkelldurr

What line of aggron should I run? I'm thinking 1-1-1?

Boufallant plus Eviolite would make a good staller. It can't counter stuff like Donphan, but by the time this is all released in English, the format will have already changed to BW-on or CoL-on.

Rotomdabomb said:
Aggron has no place in durant! 4 retreat is too big !

I disagree Aggron and Durant can mill a deck in 4-5 turns with at least 10 cards going to the discard with 4 Durant and 2 Aggron

Will Durant even do that well after rotation without Collector? I guess we still have Level and Dual Ball, but its setup won't be as consistent. I think trying to add Aggron on top of that wouldn't be nice to setup.

On the other hand though, having an attacker with mill utility might be somewhat useful in Durant, and abusing Devolution Spray could mill an extra 3 cards per turn.

I'm really glad the new EXs are mostly balanced. Mew, Rayquaza and terrakion EX are probably the best new EX cards. Other highlights include: anti-EX sigilyph, 3x search milotic, rescue ribbon, blend energies that make dragons more playable, shedninja being a free wall, mantric punishing energy swarm decks and a garbador that has actaul potential. (Apart from eelektrik, what does he actually block?)

DeepSleepDarkrai said:
I disagree Aggron and Durant can mill a deck in 4-5 turns with at least 10 cards going to the discard with 4 Durant and 2 Aggron

aggron looks good but would add way too much bulk to the deck, but most durant decks at the moment are running 5-8 pokemon.

to add the support for aggron would double the amount above, as you need arons, aggron itself and then lairion and/or the rare candy. you would want to run multiple copies of it, just so you don't get prize locked and the candy becomes dead if you can't get aggron out.

Now I know this format is mainly for basics, but I have to say adding 2-1-2 line of Aggron into a Durant isn't a bad idea in fact it gives durant something it didn't have before. A back up plan.

First of: This set seems to be amazing. It brings some pretty playable evolutions and tools not only usable by a specific type/basics.

About the Durant thing:
Yeah it would be amazing, but it needs also a lot of testing before saying it will work. Also Drifblim could be a much better backup attacker, cause it is a StageOne, attacks for one C energy and you should normally discard more than enough special energies, especially because non basic decks will finally also get a special energy to work with =D

I hope Gigalith's translation is correct. Oh man that first attack is pwn. Lol Jumpluff is a pointless card, because it will get OHKOed. I like Ampharos, but the fact that it has to be active kills it. Maybe that and chandy? Idk, but it puts Reshiboar out. I wonder, does ampharos do 60 if your opponent attaches a psychic and has a gardevoir in play? Hmmmmm....

I love Milotic, but I fear it would be too much trouble because it is a Stage One.
Gothitelle is awesome, if you get two heads. May be Fliptini worthy, but it still is too much relying on heads. (Would be a fun deck though.)
Golurk. The opponent can just put the evolution right back on his/hers turn, which is right after the attack.
Gigalith looks like a Machamp Prime, but much better. (Being 10 more damage for EACH damage counter on your benched.)
Sawk, one thing, fail. (British Accent: Utterly Terrible.)
I think I will pass on Registeel EX.
Rayquaza EX=Epic Artwork + Pretty Nice Attacks. I gave you the formula now do the work.
Altaria is great in future Dragon Decks.
Sees Slaking: (facepalm.) "In a format ruled by basics!"
Is Wailord flying?
Pokemon got really creative with Floatzel.
I really want to see what people do with Ampharos. (With Skyarrow only one colorless retreat cost.)
EPIC MEW EX FROM THE OLDEN DAYS!
Sigiliyph can counter EXs, finally a card with an Ability like that!
(Dats my take on the Pokemon in this set!)

Blakexd9 said:
I really want to see what people do with Ampharos. (With Skyarrow only one colorless retreat cost.)

Not really. It still has 2 retreat cost because it is an Evolved pokemon. Skyarrow only effects basics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back