(1) BW5 'Dragon Blade' and 'Dragon Blast' Scans! [3/14]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigilyph looks pretty cool. Protect against all the EX's, nice. Milotics attack seems awesome as well.

Well that's it then ! A terrakion ex to kick magnezone out along with eels it's partner(via garbodor). And sigiliph to crush mewtwo ! Here comes a rayquaza dominated format! And they also have mew to counter mewtwo again! Hey you see that keldeo? Well looks like reshiram is dead and now that I thought of it terrakion kills zekrom ex too! Well bye bye money spent on 4 booster boxes of NDE hope I find something to do with you!

Rotomdabomb said:
Well that's it then ! A terrakion ex to kick magnezone out along with eels it's partner(via garbodor). And sigiliph to crush mewtwo ! Here comes a rayquaza dominated format! And they also have mew to counter mewtwo again! Hey you see that keldeo? Well looks like reshiram is dead and now that I thought of it terrakion kills zekrom ex too! Well bye bye money spent on 4 booster boxes of NDE hope I find something to do with you!
lol at Keldeo killing Reshiram. Also, just because Terrakion EX is coming out does not mean {L} is dead. Terrakion is in the current format, but that doesn't stop Zekeels from being BDIF. Lightning has a lot going for it right now.

anyone thinking vileplume/reuniclus/terrakionEX/Gigalith with LargeCloak(if you can get it out quick)/Wailord? Its an awful lot of set up though. Suppose Milotic could help, but that's even more set up.

@pokemonjoe Lol ya ! You're right ! Still at least magnezone will have a little more trouble playing! I really hate that deck, that's why I play durant! Plus they should definately release keldeo in some new set ! That way I can play my kelgatr!!!!

Palbert6393 said:
anyone thinking vileplume/reuniclus/terrakionEX/Gigalith with LargeCloak(if you can get it out quick)/Wailord? Its an awful lot of set up though. Suppose Milotic could help, but that's even more set up.

CONKELLDURR you always forget CONKELLDURR!!!

Rotomdabomb said:
R u serious or no? Because he looks all right?
You will soon learn that ISB is never serious.

I'm so glad I sold my full art Mewtwo Ex before this set came out because Sigilyph total trolls it.(I'm expecting it to drop a little in price) It is about as bad as Heatmor ---> Durant.

scuba steveE said:
You will soon learn that ISB is never serious.

I'm so glad I sold my full art Mewtwo Ex before this set came out because Sigilyph total trolls it.(I'm expecting it to drop a little in price) It is about as bad as Heatmor ---> Durant.

Yes, because you cant just attack with a different pokemon or catcher around it o_O

HenryP said:
Yes, because you cant just attack with a different pokemon or catcher around it o_O

Exactly. But Sygiliph is still a good counter for those who can't afford M2s, as it can OHKO it and can't be KOed back.

I am confused now that there is garbodor should I play eels with rayquaza or emboar p.s. I have no electrode

HenryP said:

Sigiliph isn't the only mewtwo killer here lemme count 2. Drifblibm,mew ex! Boom!

Some more reactions...
Slaking is hilariously unhelpful with all of these powerful basics floating around.
I always love Gigalith's attacks, though I wish they were actually effective.
Well, Ampharos is kind of powerful. It's a disturbingly effective counter to the all-powerful Hoppip and Magikarp :)

Rotomdabomb said:
R u serious or no? Because he looks all right?

No, Slaking doesn't look all right. at all.

Anyway, I love these sets so much!!! There's so much stuff I want to use, it's crazy. Just a quick run-down of things that I thought were interesting (I'm assuming next format will be either CoL-on or BW-on):

I am loving me that Sigilyph, and Bouffalant is cool too. I'm glad to see some counter cards to the EX's are popping up. Also Garboder is pretty nice for locking out Eel decks (although he is quite flawed as far as stats go).
Ninjask/Shedinja is going to be a very fun (and annoying) deck. While it won't be top tier, it will be cool.
A special condition deck using Ninetales and Amoongus NDE with Devolution Spray will be a cool and disruptive deck. Maybe add in Roserade from the Hydreigon deck for more Devolution abuse and search power.
Garchomp could see some play (possibly with Altaria) with the deck Gabite for search power. It could be pretty fast once set up and can OHKO Rayquaza-EX, so there's that.
Speaking of pack mascots, Hydreigon will be really awesome with Darkrai-EX and in DarkBox decks. I'm starting to see Hydreigon (NVI and Dragon Blast) and Darkrai as the backbone of next format's DarkBox.
Drifblim can be really powerful once a couple of special energies get discarded. Maybe a partner for Kyurem-EX as a energy denial deck?
Terrakion-EX is exactly what fighting types need right now. Not the best form of energy acceleration, but it's there. The best part is that it can take any hit from any lightning type and then proceed to OHKO that said lightning type. In other words, Terrakion has swag. :)
Both Aggron and Ampharos have pretty cool abilities and I like them a lot, but they probably won't see much play.
I think that Golurk is actually pretty neat, I might try him with Gardevoir and maybe Mewtwo/Sigilyph.
Registeel-EX will be a great tank after Typhlosion leaves the format. Yeah, yeah, we have Emboar, but fire isn't running the metagame anymore and metal types can actually be viable. I just hope we get special metals for him...
It remains to be seen how good both Mew-EX and Ho-oh-EX are. Ho-oh could be run in many different and fun ways, but I'm not sure how effective he will truly be. Mew also has a ton of uses, but he can't abuse quite as many attacks as Mew Prime could and he gives up two prizes. Both are viable in my opinion, but only time will tell how much play they see.
Giratina is still cool, but he isn't very viable (at least he doesn't look very viable right now). But he's cool, so I will be experimenting with using him.
Rayquaza will obviously be the kingpin of next format. I just really hope we get a promo version (like the contest FA version, that would be sweet)...
The new trainers and Blend energies are cool and they all have there uses, but nothing is too game-breaking so I won't spend much time on them.
OMG SEXY SHINY REUNICLUS IS SEXY I WANT IT SO BAD lol Reuniclus is my favorite pokemon. :p

So...yeah. As you can see, I want these cards pretty bad. The 2012-2013 season is already looking amazing. Sorry about the massive post, but I couldn't resist. I love these cards. A lot.

This is TacoTurtle, signing off for tonight. Peace! :)

EonEye99 said:
Exactly. But Sygiliph is still a good counter for those who can't afford M2s, as it can OHKO it and can't be KOed back.
That is why I think, in some ways, Sigilyph is better at countering Mewtwo Ex than Mewtwo EX countering itself.

Also if they do send something else in to kill Sigilyph, you will still be up in prizes.

I think it's funny how they pretty much remade Ampharos Prime, but way better.

Wow, I'm in love with this set now that we have translations. Still a bit bummed about the lack of new draw/search cards, but so many cards in this set have potential and the art is absolutely gorgeous on most cards (still wish Shizurow would have done the EXes though).

Wow there are a lot of Dragon cards in this set. Looks like about 100 or so. Man this set looks awesome XD.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back