(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

They all look really, really nice to me. This is coming from someone who wanted to kick Piplup and throw Chimchar into a river. Actually, Piplup's okay, I just really, really hated Chimchar, but that's because I absolutely positively hate monkeys.

BTW, the grass starter looks more like a dino-bird to me than anything like Treecko, not to mention the fact that there are a *lot* of kinds of lizards in the world.

There are also many kinds of pigs and otters. Some of you do need to get out of the mindset of there only being one kind of crocodile (there are over a dozen), one kind of lizard, one kind of hog, one kind of turtle... There are multiple kinds of almost every general kind of animal in the real world so why not in Pokemon?

Geez, guys, don't be silly.

P.S. I assure you that these are real. Seriously. "Turn to the next page!" I can't dang it, why do the creators of the magazine assume that we actually bought the magazine? D:

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I am lovin' the main characters. They do look a bit older. BUT, I mainly like them because they are wearing everyday, sensible outfits that don't make them look like a bunch of crazy people pretending they are from a land where everyone dresses like weirdos when they are the only one that dresses that stupidly.

Ekaru said:
P.S. I assure you that these are real. Seriously. "Turn to the next page!" I can't dang it, why do the creators of the magazine assume that we actually bought the magazine? D:

When I realized I couldn't turn the page, I died a little bit inside..

I'm not sure if these pokemon would have sub types but I think there evolutions could add dark, psychic and fighting.

If you look at the pig it has black on it and the black sort of reminds me of a mask if you see the ears as representing the ends of a mask tied together and its possible for the pig to become fire and fighting.

The grass looks elegant and could easily be psychic and I dont have much basis on saying the water could become dark but it is ugly and sad...

Ugeda said:
When I realized I couldn't turn the page, I died a little bit inside..

It literally says "Hurry to the next page!"...I really really wanted to. D:

burningcharizard said:
If you look at the pig it has black on it and the black sort of reminds me of a mask if you see the ears as representing the ends of a mask tied together and its possible for the pig to become fire and fighting.

To me, it looks like a pirate bandana. I refuse to change my opinion about this unless proven thoroughly wrong. :D

lets see... the grass type reminds me of bellsprout...? the fire type is the only GOOD one...! the water type makes me want to blow chunks...:( the city is cool... and the trainers are AWESOME!!!!!

Divine_Light said:
80's Revival?

Yeah this is what I was thinking, could tie in well with the theory that Black and White is set in the past.

The trainer designs are pretty awesome, and are way superior to what we had with DPP and HGSS. As we now have more mature trainers, perhaps this in turn hints towards a more mature plot line? Who knows.

As far as the starter Pokemon go, their designs are a bit awkward but there's plenty of character in there. I can't help but think that Sugimori could have easily refined the body patterns more and moved away from the extremely typical "circle head, circle body" anatomy for the water and grass starters though.

DorianBlack said:
It literally says "Hurry to the next page!"...I really really wanted to. D:

burningcharizard said:
To me, it looks like a pirate bandana. I refuse to change my opinion about this unless proven thoroughly wrong. :D

I know! ^5 for reading Japanese! :D

And oh my god.. You just put the image of a fire pirate boar into my mind..!

bacon said:
Yeah this is what I was thinking, could tie in well with the theory that Black and White is set in the past.
The past, where everything is more advanced!

Sorta Star Wars-y, isn't it?

bacon said:

The trainer designs are pretty awesome, and are way superior to what we had with DPP and HGSS. As we now have more mature trainers, perhaps this in turn hints towards a more mature plot line? Who knows.

As far as the starter Pokemon go, their designs are a bit awkward but there's plenty of character in there. I can't help but think that Sugimori could have easily refined the body patterns more and moved away from the extremely typical "circle head, circle body" anatomy for the water and grass starters though.

Actually, lot's of japanese teenage girls have that hairstyle.. Or something similar anyways..

DorianBlack said:
I know, right? With cannon/musket tusks. :eek:

Omg. I have no words. I almost need to draw this.
But I'm working on my digimon drawing now.. oh dilemma!

Grass Starter look cool
Fire Starter look soso
Water Starter is very ugly (unique in ugly way to me):(
Squirtle,Totodile,Mudkip, Pocchama better than about 5000 time .

but i still choose water starter anyway .

I'm starting to warm up to these stupid things. I really like the big one, as long as they don't make its evolutions look all dumb. I'm expecting a sick as hell crazy fire boar thing as its final stage. That'd better be right, too.
The lizard one is okay. I still think it's body type and all that is too similar to Treecko, but I'll deal with it. Kind of stupid we're getting another grass lizard, with another big dumb head, leaf tail, bipedal, and stupid attitude look. But I'm sure it'll shape up and be different enough.
The otter thing is still pretty lame. It's too kiddy looking, but like the stupid lizard, I'm sure it's going to shape up just fine. It'd better the hell.

The fire pig is by far the best. No question about it.

bacon said:

I kinda agree to you because when you look at the new Pokemon Center,The PC is not the latest type of PC you can see in our generation..It could be the PCs they use in the Past...The new Pokemon Center lady could be the Grandma of Nurse Joy Who knows?

But...

The trainers look kinda like Red and Leaf so it's kinda possible that they would be the new protagonists...So this means that Pokemon Black and White doesnt take place in the past ^^Gamefreak also mentions the rebirth of Pokemon Games...It could be a clue...

Fan art of these guys is already popping up:
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/132/d/a/da65ff95be9470b816af8eec08d6dfee.jpg
lol :D

Pokémaniac said:
The past, where everything is more advanced!

Sorta Star Wars-y, isn't it?

Did you see the retro computers in the scans? Hardly advanced. ;/

I don't think these guys are older versions of the FRLG trainers, the girls have different coloured eyes. With regards to the anime, it could just take place in the future after the games, or ignore timelines entirely (I'm pretty sure that the chronology of the games isn't supposed to flow from RBY -> GS -> RSE -> DPP like it does in the anime). Or possibly there's some time travel shenanigans, which would be a cool element in the game.

digimon!?get out you sad sad person!
oh and these starters are awesome
and the game sprites are wicked
they seem so small and simple :)

Back