(1) B/W Starter Pokemon Revealed in CoroCoro Scans [5/12]

Rayquaza808 said:
yea the water pokemon is the only one im having a hard time accepting, it just doesn't look like a starter pokemon

I always got the water starter, Im having a hard time accepting it cuz its not a platypus. But the lil guy is cool. My friend said "wtf? is that a snowman?" lmao.

Ugh i don't like these starters at all

Grass Starter=Lizard

OMG a Lizard grass starter, were have we seen that b4?
Oh yeah, 3rd Gen with Treecko, therefore this starter is unoriginal...

Fire Starter= a Pig
Hmmm, a pig, well we have 5 pig Pokemon already...
therefore again unoriginal

Water Starter= Worst Design out of all of them,
Its a Water Otter, hmmm were have we seen one of those, oh yeah Buizel in 4th gen
This is the worst because it resembles an animal of which 2 pokemon have already been created, in the previous Gen...

My suspicions have been confirmed, and Game Freak has definatley ran out of ideas...which is sad, because if one would ake a trip to deviantart and search "fakemon" you would receive a plethora of cool possible Pokemon that imo are a hundred times more original than these pathetic excuses for Pokemon

I beleive that we has fans of this franchise should have a say in the designs that are made...because honestly i feel as if our creativity is not being put to good use at all...

Did Anyone Notice That if You Go to 2ch They Have Two Scans With Different Starter Artwork Could This Be Gender Differences

Ugh, more DP Pokemon :(

I have to say, some of the fan art was pretty impressive - way moreso than what we actually ended up with. Thanks for getting the scans, though.

Masterdom720 said:
Did Anyone Notice That if You Go to 2ch They Have Two Scans With Different Starter Artwork Could This Be Gender Differences

Share the picture with us?

howelllawson said:
5? I only count 2 - Spoink and Grumpig.

What are the other 3?

I'm guessing s/he means the Swinub -> Mammoth like line..
They're kinda pig-like..

Tobi_Akatsuki said:
Ugh i don't like these starters at all

Grass Starter=Lizard

OMG a Lizard grass starter, were have we seen that b4?
Oh yeah, 3rd Gen with Treecko, therefore this starter is unoriginal...

Fire Starter= a Pig
Hmmm, a pig, well we have 5 pig Pokemon already...
therefore again unoriginal

Water Starter= Worst Design out of all of them,
Its a Water Otter, hmmm were have we seen one of those, oh yeah Buizel in 4th gen
This is the worst because it resembles an animal of which 2 pokemon have already been created, in the previous Gen...

My suspicions have been confirmed, and Game Freak has definatley ran out of ideas...which is sad, because if one would ake a trip to deviantart and search "fakemon" you would receive a plethora of cool possible Pokemon that imo are a hundred times more original than these pathetic excuses for Pokemon

I beleive that we has fans of this franchise should have a say in the designs that are made...because honestly i feel as if our creativity is not being put to good use at all...

I find your lack of faith disturbing. There are never just one type of animal. The animal kingdom is made up of many differnet species of animals which evolve depending on their environments. Just because there may have been a Pokémon similar in design or origin does not mean it is unoriginal. They are Pokémon after all.

Divine_Light said:
I find your lack of faith disturbing. There are never just one type of animal. The animal kingdom is made up of many differnet species of animals which evolve depending on their environments. Just because there may have been a Pokémon similar in design or origin does not mean it is unoriginal. They are Pokémon after all.

I agree with divine, The other grass starters have been reptiles as well, But different species of them. Pork chop can end up being a boar lol.

Masterdom720 said:

Nope, one of them is doctored: notice that the Fire one's sprite has the yellow mark in both pictures.

Overall, I think they look pretty awesome. The otter took some time to grow on me, but I think it's cute now. And I can definitely imagine some amazing evolutions for them.

howelllawson said:
5? I only count 2 - Spoink and Grumpig.

What are the other 3?
They could be counting the 3 line evolution of Pokabu.
But there's been Mankey, the pig-monkey. Swinub-Mamoswine, which are wild hog/wooly mammoth.

I liked the grass one. But my heart stopped when I saw an otter pokemon. I'm probably going with that one.

If anyone says they are fake because of the outline of the foe's pig thing circle it is not fake because these games are still in development

rockinpikachu said:
If anyone says they are fake because of the outline of the foe's pig thing circle it is not fake because these games are still in development

No, but the scans could be doctored. It's doubtful though. They match up with the Zoroark revelation. With the former game's stuff and arrows.

Got this of 4chan's translation. Not sure if it's true, but it would be awesome if it were:
Hold your horses
>Fighting, Dark, Psychic subtypes
>Fighting is supereffective against dark, dark is against psychic, psychic is against fighting

If this is true, that means that the starters have the alternate supereffetiveness wheel working backwords, so the grass can go against fire, the fire against water, and the water against grass

Tsutaaja is just awesome, I'm choosing him! and I also think Mijumaru is cute. I'm sure he can smile :/

Layton said:
Got this of 4chan's translation. Not sure if it's true, but it would be awesome if it were:
Hold your horses
>Fighting, Dark, Psychic subtypes
>Fighting is supereffective against dark, dark is against psychic, psychic is against fighting

If this is true, that means that the starters have the alternate supereffetiveness wheel working backwords, so the grass can go against fire, the fire against water, and the water against grass

I really doubt that. For one thing, it's 4chan (and the scan we have doesn't say it). For another thing, the basic starters have never been dual-type (except for Bulbasaur, back when Poison was apparently mandatory for Grass-types.)\

Krow said:
Tsutaaja is just awesome, I'm choosing him! and I also think Mijumaru is cute. I'm sure he can smile :/

God, I can picture how the anime will draw it even now. Cuteness factor overload.

Hoorah! The scans are here!

I like them! The grass one is really epic looking, and like previous comments have stated, just because it's a grass reptile doesn't mean it's a Treecko clone. C'mon guys, you can't limit Pokemon to only having ONE Pokemon species for each IRL one. The pig..eeeeh I don't like pigs but I gotta say it is really cute. Like really cute. Look how happy the darn thing is! And that water thing, I'm pretty sure it's an otter, since Buizel and Floatzel were 'weasels' instead of otters. Anyway, it's growing on me rather fast!

Also. I love the characters. Theguylookssogoood! A nice improvement from DPP, and the age jump is fantastic. MyhairdoesthatwhenIwearhatslolol.

Back