(1) All 'EX Battle Boost' Scans and Translations!

If it's any consolation every SR trainer can be pulled as a mirror holo. If you're that lucky.

Well I do dig the reverse holos and gold full arts.

Buuuuuut no shiny Samurott... So I gotta move Emboar and Serperiot in another section in my binder.

Also only two new EX's? So pointless.

Imakuni? was a pretty bad promo in TCG 1 and 2 on Gameboy;
Now, many years later, Imakuni? is a secret rare that's not only legal (in Japan, at least) but a Supporter. PCL, why do I picture you guys looking like this year-round?

All the artwork looks nice! It's a shame that the reprinted EX cards didn't receive new artwork (other than the fullarts), but still looks like a nice BW reprint set.

Imakuni is a bit surprising to see. I wonder how many people will actually use him.
:p

Ninetales - Fire - HP90
Stage 1 - Evolves from Vulpix

[C][C][C] Color Cosmetics: 50+ damage. If this Pokemon has any basic Energy attached to it that are the same as this Pokemon’s type, this attack does 40 more damage.

Are you sure? I see the phrase "opponent's Battle Pokemon" in there, indicating the Defending Pokemon is involved in some way. Possibly something like "If this Pokemon has any basic Energy attached to it that is the same as the Defending Pokemon's type, this attack does 40 more damage".

I'm not an expert, but...that's what it looks like.

[F][C] Dig Out: 40 damage. Discard the top card of your deck. Then, if it was a Basic Energy, attach it to this Pokemon.
I think it's "attach it to 1 of your Pokemon", since the phrase "kono Pokemon" isn't at the end of the 2nd sentence...

[W][M][C] Sever: 40 damage. Flip two coins. If both are heads, detach all Energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.
I didn't know we were playing YGO! :p

With those little bits out of the way, the set art does look absolutely fantastic. As I recall saying way way back, there's a real Call of Legends vibe to this set - a lot of various artworks from all kinds of different artists are being introduced. Definitely a fun little experiment. I'm not sure how the US will handle getting this set if they're trying to time simultaneous releases with Japan - if that is indeed the goal.

Wow. The cards look pretty cool but why are some of the cards reprinted? Are they loosing money or something again? Thanks XD. Also thanks for making the images in thzt post seeable on my 3DS. If you keep them in that format then my 3DS viewer can load the images for a better view XD.:)

I literally burst out laughing when I say Imakuni? was in this set.

Overall, great artwork, a lot less new good cards than I thought. Now, a list of my favorite art.
Sewaddle
Swadloon
Virizion
Dewott*
Palpitoad
Plusle
Minun
Thundurus*
Zorua
Zwelious
Minccino
Gold Zekrom

*Might make my avatar at some point.

Freakin' Gallade is the spiritual sucessor to Machamp Prime! Oh boy do I love that Deck. Guess I'm going to win Battle Roads with... Galdore.

Hah! But we'll already have a Machamp before then anyway so.... yeah. Probably using the Machamp.

Looks like an awesome set. Cool artwork! I hope the USA never sees it. Absolute TRASH for competitive play. It introduces no new play mechanics and keep the format exactly the same if we have a rotation. The idea of having Gothitelle stick around for another format makes me sick. Unbreakable Paralysis locks are unhealthy. Straight up worthless if you are trying to create a fun play atmosphere. They take next to no active thinking to pilot in game and completely level a skilled player because there is absolutely no counter. It makes it so skill isn't actually as large of a factor, this is not a good thing. Reprint set are okay if they are maintaining a healthy play atmosphere and making it so rotation doesn't hit hard. However; as of late, everything of value has already reprinted. After a rotation, this set adds nothing of significances (asides from Gothitelle) to the format. If this set hits the stores in the US, I will not buy a single packs. Asides from a Gothitelle reprint (which I view as a negative change) this set has nothing to offer. Thanks for 3 more Kyurem EX prints, Pokémon. That brings us up to 15 if I am counting correctly. To clear the air though, if this set STAYS in Japan, I am very happy with it. Cool art and interesting secret rares.

On the frontpage it says that Empoleon is weak to water, you might wanna fix that ;)

Other than that, pretty awesome set, I love the artworks!

Really like this set as a collector, but Reverse Holo for the secrets!! How on earth will I complete this as a masterset?

Back