(1) All 'Dragon Selection' Scans! [1/24]

;_; Anything but Venomoth....my hate for it is great. I'm glad EXP Share is back....it will make things interesting if you run a deck that only requires 1 energy to attack....COUGH EMPOLEON COUGH

I would imagine it would be the same as if both players have Sableye as their active pokemon at the beginning of the game, they would cancel each other out and the coin flip will decide who goes first.

What I'm really hoping they do with this set is when it comes overseas that they just make it a promo set like Southern Islands. And like I said before, if you were expecting anything spectacular from this set, then you were setting your expectations to high. 20 cards a set, all of them being holo? All they were doing was introducing a new type to the game, I would just this is an extension of DR/DB. Also, the reason, I think, they made doubles of the Dragonite and Haxorus lines is that they didn't want to show off a lot pokemon, so they chose some of the well known and popular dragon types. The good stuff will be in the next set and I'm still one of the few people who believe that the these energy combinations will be replace by an actually dragon type energy.

Ok. I don't like First Ticket. I hate the idea of a card that can be used in your first turn only.

DNA said:
It isn't. It's face-down. Face-down cards during setup cannot apply their effects. Heck, even Overeager comes into effect only after the coin flip. (Don't forget - you could play Fossil cards onto your Bench during set-up regardless of who had a Spiritomb active.)

The quirky bit is that it says First Ticket is an Item card and as such is played "during your turn"...? but that doesn't make sense; you'd play it before you go first.
I would assume that First Ticket can be played regardless before Turn 1 to apply its effect. However, official rulings haven't been released about it yet, so...for all those who want an official answer in English, you're going to have to wait at least six months.

That makes sense. Thanks for clarifying.

I'm going to run 4 first tickets in Empoleon. :D During set-up, go first. During the game, discard to draw 2. :)

I don't see First Ticket getting any play.
You use it on your first turn then it is gone for the rest of the game.
I guess it is a good Junk Arm (or a card that makes you discard) target.

I think the Axew with Signs of Evolution will probably be the play in a haxorus line if a good Haxorus card comes out.

Quick stats: With Victini, Dragonite has a 5.88% chance of hitting for 240, 29.41% of hitting for 180 or higher, 70.59% of hitting for 120 or higher, 94.12% of hitting for 60 or more, and a 5.88% chance of doing absolutely nothing. 150 hp, virtually no weakness and an attack for grass, and three colorless? Use DCE and I think we have a possible fun deck. Use Celebi as a starter for energy acceleration?
Edit: Or use eelektrik and manually attach grass, then u have option of first attack which is ok?

rayquaza would see play with it's 40 damage for 1 energy..

ok.. i checked with some friend that knows jap and what he thinks what the ruling would be for first ticket..

First Ticket Text:
First Ticket may only be played to determine who goes first. If you play First Ticket, you go first.
If your opponent also plays First Ticket, play Rock-Paper-Scissors to determine who goes first.
You may play as many Trainer cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

and the ruling from http://www.warpcore.org/~chairmankaga/pokemon/rulebook.pdf:

5. Starting a game
500. Setup
500.1 Each player starts the game by shuffling their deck in front of their opponent and then offering it to their opponent to cut.
Each player then draws an initial hand of seven cards.
500.2 Each player must place one Basic Pokémon card from their initial hand face down into play as their initial Active
Pokémon. Any other Basic Pokémon cards may be placed face down on the Bench. A player is not required to place any
Basic Pokémon on the Bench during setup, even if they have more than one Basic Pokémon in their initial hand.
500.2a A Fossil Trainer is considered a Basic Pokémon during setup. If an initial hand has one or more Fossils but no other
Basic Pokémon, one of the Fossils must be placed as the initial Active Pokémon.
500.3 After placing their Active Pokémon, a player then takes the top six cards of their deck and places them into their prize
zone, face down. These become the player’s Prize Cards.
500.3a In Limited play or any other variant using a deck with a size other than 60 cards, players should set aside a number
of Prize Cards equal to the deck size divided by 10.
500.4 If a player does not have a Basic Pokémon card in their initial hand, they must show the hand to their opponent to indicate
that they have no Basic Pokémon. They then shuffle their hand back into their deck and restart the setup process.
500.4a If a player has completed their initial setup and set out their Prize Cards, they may optionally draw an extra card
for each subsequent setup where their opponent has no Basic Pokémon. The decision to draw an extra card must be
made when the opponent shows their hand.
500.4b If a player draws a Basic Pokémon or Fossil Trainer as their extra card, they may place it face-down on the Bench
if there is room available. However, they may not change the Pokémon that they have already placed as their initial
Active Pokémon.
500.4c If no player has a Basic Pokémon in their initial hand, each player shows their hand, shuffles it into their deck, and
then restarts the setup process. No one may draw an extra card.
500.5 Players use a coin flip to determine who will take the first turn. The winner is required to take the first turn.
500.6 After determining who takes the first turn, both players reveal all their face-down Pokémon in play. The first player then
begins their turn.

since the text on First Ticket says "First Ticket may only be played to determine who goes first. If you play First Ticket, you go first.".. it means it can and only be played when you are flipping the coin to determine who start 1st after all the set a pokemon face down as active and bench and etc.. only then.. the beginning of the game begins and you reveal your face down active pokemon where their power or body or ability kicks in.. (sableye's overeager that say at the beginning of the game if sableye is your active pokemon, you start 1st)

the "You may play as many Trainer cards as you like during your turn (before your attack)." is the standard ruling for all trainer-item card.. so it will be ignored in this case..

so until the actual ruling is out.. i agree with what my friend thinks..

First, thank you a lot shiwei87tan for the extensive explanation. It served me a lot because I messed start setup things a bit.
About First Ticket, if it is correctly translated, it can only be used at setup. What a dead draw ingame o.o I would use it just if i had many discarding cards in the deck and also proper drawing scheme (like someone said, Empoleon, or even Magnezone) but aside from that I wouldnt use it. It takes one card from your start up hand.
Btw, I love Dragonite and im definetly going to use it.

So, I got my order for my Dragon Selection cards in the mail today, and I must say that the cards are super cool from a collector's point of view, very shiny and pretty looking. They're quite a bit darker than the scans on the front page show, the background still retaining the majorly green tints shown, but a darker hue than the scans suggest. The holo lines from the border and image also show through the background slightly, giving the cards a neat effect in the light. I haven't opened many packs yet, but there doesn't seem to be any kind of semblance of rarity in terms of card placement. I'll probably post up my totals in the pull rates thread for anyone interested.

i cant wait 'till this set is english O_O its about time they made more specific types like Dragon. whats next, Ghost? hmmm....

Back