(1) All 'Dark Rush' Scans and Translations! [12/14]

Hunga said:
Still hoping to see Phione EX,Manaphy EX, Celebi EX, Jirachi EX, Dexoys EX and Mew EX.
But since Celebi and Mew got prime versions and Dexoys a legendary, we might not see those...
Phione EX would be the biggest suprise, since we only got 1 version of this pokémon so far.

Seeing how all of the EXs have been legendary so far, I think it is safe to say we will get at least some of these guys. I myself have a list of legendaries that I want to see made into EXs (in fact, the list has pretty much all the legendaries but Giratina Origin Form, Heatran, Mew, Rayquaza, the Lati Twins, Lugia, Dialga, Mew and Victini are the big ones :)).

I have mixed feelings about the whole EX legendary thing. On one hand, it's really cool since we will get so many awesome legendaries that are given some proper epic treatment. On the other hand, it kind of stinks because the increasing amount of massive, beatstick legendaries is slowing making non-EXs (especially stage 2's) seem less and less viable.

Oh well. If we get a playable Latios/Latias EX pair in Dragon Selection, my Pokemon life will be complete and I will forgive Nintendo for giving all the legendaries steroids. :)

Since someone was asking why we're getting the same pokémon of 1-2 sets ago...
In case people didn't notice, the first 2 BW sets were made to introduce the Unova pokémon to the TCG. So, with those 2 sets done, enters PDHB, which is a kind of restart and as such, the Unova pokémon will be featured once again for the next sets along with the pokémon from previous generations.
Although I do agree that this set could have had more pokémon pre-Gen V...

I was really surprised there wasn't a suicune, I mean come on where the heck did they pull tornadus from? they had entei and raikou, what in the world made them think that tornadus was an appropriate accompaniment?

The ultra rares are ok, but not great. I like the archeops but NOT the trainer, not at all. I always hated getting trainers as my rare card when base set first came out, what makes them think it's a good idea to waste an ultra rare space with that junk? What I'm really hoping for soon are Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon ultra rare shinys, that would be AMAZING!

There are sure a lot of cards in the new set. When I get more time I will look at all the cards more closely to see what moves they have.:)

interesting cards shocking to seee a GOLD catcher lol.the shinys in this set are so so ex wise only darkrai i see good the other 3 are meh.they look nice though

They better rotate the gold catcher and the normal catcher at the same time, cause if not.... Jesus Christ

Raikou EX, Twist Mountain, Darkness Patch, Darkxpert Belt, Empoleon, Darkrai EX, Zorua/Zoruark are amazing cards, this is a cool set.

Sableye, Aerodactyl, Eelektross, Krookodile, Bad Team are pretty interesting, maybe good.

Blaziken is bad.

Empoleon is versatile. It can be used for either a tech or main offensive option but Zekrom hinders it's playability as an offensive option.

MasterGallade said:
SAD:
-Too many repeats of the same freaking Pokemon we've been getting in the BW sets: Karrablast line, Shelmet line, Heatmor, Larvesta (I don't really mind this one though cuz Volcarona holo is epic), Ducklett line, Joltik line (though I do love him and Galvy), Tynamo line (though that Elektross is amazing fhdk), Drillbur line, Sandile line, Vullaby line, Klink line, Lillipup line (this one is especially annoying); it's just so repetitive, there's about 400 other Pokemon they could give cards to instead of repeating the same ones, like really :T

Karrablast, Escavalier, Shelmet, Accelgor, Heatmor, Herdier and Stoutland had exactly one card each before this set... far more repetitive would be the monkey trio, IMO.

I really hope that the cards of this set hit the shelfs early enough for the european nationals.
Want to play a pure darkness deck on nationals so bad.

Brisk Cakers said:
Empoleon is versatile. It can be used for either a tech or main offensive option but Zekrom hinders it's playability as an offensive option.

4-4-4 Empoleon
3-3 Donphan Prime
4 PP

Problem solved. Super fast. Super hardy.

Just because you play a 3-3 donphan line you won't win against Zekrom, because Zekrom mostly is faster and hits still for some insane damage.
It's an option but won't garantee you a win, just increase the chance.

I'm surprised nobody has really mentioned Excadrill or Blaziken or Volcarona....Volcarona is almost reprimisive of the stadium card Full Flame from EX Legend maker waaayy back when...

Excadrill DR is awesome 2 energy 50 damage and bring any card back from the discard pile... thats awesome...

Blaziken 130 damage paired energy retrieval or some energy retrieval like ability...

Also Zorua DR + Zoroark BW & Zoroark EP & Darkness Claw = Amazing deck

Excadrill DR is awesome 2 energy 50 damage and bring any card back from the discard pile... thats awesome...

But 50 damage isn't much damage, you need 3 hits for the "big ones" and the basic pokémon have increased hp/evolite.
So even when you recycle a catcher each turn you need some extra damage from PP or Kingdra Prime.

The cards in this set will probably either be our May set, basically our set before Worlds (possibly Nats, too), so while they will likely see play in the last glorious days of the HGSS-on format, don't get too comfortable with it. The format will change considerably when we rotate to (the likely) BW-on format.

Anyways, on to the cards of interest....

Empoleon - I'm not evcen going to say anything except that its hype is WELL warranted. Will likely detour people away from Emboar/Reshi-EX decks in the presumed BW-on format.

Espeon - I started having a bad feeling about the possibility of any playable Eeveelution cards after seeing that Flareon and Vaporeon were total letdowns. Then I say this Espeon card. That ability of preventing effects of attacks to any pokemon with energies attached to them is HUGE. Think about it for a moment... Now we have a way to stop those annoying Bellsprout techs from dragging out our Vileplumes, foils Jirachi's plans to devolve our pokemon, and shuts down those annoying Victini/Vanilluxe (sp?) decks altogether! Such an awesome tech!

Jolteon - Am I the only one to notice Jolteon's potential for BW-on? True, it has a terribly low 90 HP stat, but a free retreat cost, 60 damage for one (L) energy (OHKOs Empoleon with a Pluspower, BTW), and the likely possibility of flipping two heads out of four coin flips for 80 damage (68.75% chance, made even more likely with Fliptini at 90.2%) for (L)(C)(C) is nothing to scoff at. To top it off, it can use DCE. No, it's not close to a meta-breaker like Empoleon, but it most definately has turn-2 potential and can easily find a partner in Electrik and any number of other electric-type pokemon. As a bonus, it's the only electric-type pokemon to my knowledge that can OHKO those pesky Yanmage Primes for a single (L) energy with no strings attached aside from the VERY AFFORDABLE energy discard (for HGSS-on format, obviously).

Eeveelutions in general - It's possible that an Eeveelution deck that takes advantage of weaknesses could arise again. Though individually the Eevelutions have been lack-luster, the fact that they can all abuse DCE and can do 60+ damage (barring Glaceon and Leafeon from the Reshi/Zek-EX decks) means that they can deal 120+ damage if they hit for weakness. With a Pluspower or two, this can KO most pokemon in the format. If Donphan can be squeezed in (or something similar for BW-on) for the ground-type needs, us Eeveelution-ists might have something to look forward to, even if it just turns out to be some good ol' league fun (I don't expect it to be competitive, but that won't stop me from trying).

Plusle/Minun - For starter pokes, these guys are actually pretty good. Plusle is a good hand-refresher pokemon, while Minun setps up a Finishing Blow spree from Bisharp NV (a dark type which further benefits from Dark Claw and a special Darkness Energy, I might add... 100 damage for one energy? yesplz).

Zorua - Ascension... just made Zoroarks (both BW and DR versions) a hecks a lot more playable, not that they weren't already...

Zoroark - In HGSS-on, this guy will have a powerful impact in the meta. Pokemon Collector will allow you to quickly spam your dark-types to get up to that 120 damage cap (excluding special Darkness Energiesand the Dark Claw tool). In a BW-on format, it may be a different story. Unless we get a Pokemon Collector equivilant Supporter printed soon, spamming those dark-types won't be as easy.

Eelektross - Dragging out AND dealing damage all in ONE ATTACK? We don't see these very often. In fact, it may give Electrik users an additional option...

Overall, I'm pleased with this set. I'm glad that the Eeveelutions didn't recieve the terrible treatment they got from UD and CL. Some of them at playable, and the ones that aren't have potential in an Eeveelution-themed deck. Of course, the talk of this set will be mostly dominated by the well-warranted hype of Empoleon. The Jumpluff + draw power combination will make it part of the meta in both HGSS-on AND BW-on formats. Expect to see it around for a long time.

Note that this post is exactly the same as my Pokegym post. The reason why is because this post sums up this new set as a whole, and rewording it would have the same idea, so it'll be left the same as it is.

I'm going to be very honest. This set is utterly terrible. I mean, there aren't that many good cards overall. I can only name a few of them, to which I'll explain why I think they are good.

Empoleon- Easily one of the best cards in the set. His power lets you discard a card from your hand and draw 2 cards. With multiple Empoleons out, Empoleon can easily become one of the best drawers in the format, making him really consistent to use. Not only that, but his attack is just like Jumpluff's. It does 10 damage times the total number of Pokemon out in play. Indeed, the combination of a great ability and attack makes him a very good card. The only problem? Lightning weakness. With so many good lightning Pokemon like Magnezone, Zekrom EX, Zekrom BW, and Raikou EX, Empoleon is going to have a tough time in this format. Whether it will be a top tier deck or not remains a question.

Heatmor- A direct counter to Durant, Sweet! For only one fire, it does 10, but if the defending Pokemon is Durant, then it does 60. If Durant ever becomes suddenly popular, I can see many decks teching this card in easily.

Raikou EX- The only good EX Pokemon in this set. His second attack is the reason why. You discard all lightning energies attached to him, and you can pull of a 100 damage snipe. With Eelectrick, he can become a force to be reckoned with. It is also the card that may well the answer to Reuniclus thanks to his sniping capabilities. To be honest, I see this card as the new age Garchomp C, and I can really see this card making a competitive scene.

Plusle- Seems like we have a new Cleffa. The first attack shuffles your hand into your deck, and then you draw 4 cards. If you have a Minun out though, you draw 8 instead. While it does seem pretty good, the fact it needs an energy is a problem compared to Cleffa, yet the higher HP is good considering it is so easy to get KOd by Kyurem.

Darkrai EX- Now this EX I would have to say is more decent than broke. The ability is useful in giving Pokemon with darkness energies attached to them free retreat, and its attack is nice. It can hit for 90 and a 30 snipe, but it takes 3 energies to do so, which is the problem. While it can hit pretty hard with special darks and Darkness Claw attached, it takes time to set him up, so it looks he might be more of a bench sitter for now. I'm curious to see what kind of impact this card will have in the game. Will he be broken, or will he not see the day of light?

Tornadus EX- At first, this card looks like its really good. It can hit for 60 if there's a stadium in play for only a DCE, and it can hit for 100 with no major downside, but the lightning weakness is what kills it. So many lightning Pokemon can easily take this down, like Magnezone and Zekrom. Being an EX, it has the two prize card rule, so being KOd by a {L} Pokemon is a massive pain. For that reason, this card won't see much play.

Crash Hammer- Discard a special energy attached to the defending Pokemon. Brilliant... NOT AT ALL. Lost Remover is by all means way better. You can rid of a special energy on any of your opponent's Pokemon, and it goes to the Lost Zone, where it can never be recovered. Yep, Crash Hammer is definitely worthless.

Dark Patch- It's OK, but I wish it can do the same for special dark energies too.

Rare Candy still keeps the stupid first turn rule. Oh man, there went the chance to make stage 2s broke again, and it now looks like ALL fossils will have the "bottom of the deck" rule.

Darkness Claw- Increasing damage output by 20 for dark types? Sweet! With special darks, expect dark types to have a better time being attackers!

Bad Team's Jim and Sabu- I like the disruption effect if offers, but the flip is what kills this card. For that reason, it won't make the competitive spotlight.

Twist Mountain- Well, at least there's a way to play down Restored Pokemon without having to play the fossil. Only problem? The flip. For that reason, it won't be that much of a good card, but expect some restored Pokemon to have a slight increase in play because of this card.

And as for everything: I like the fact Gardevoir from the previous set is a shiny Pokemon. Archeops I respect too, but a golden Pokemon Catcher? OK, it looks cool, but I honestly don't want to see it in a format after BW-on, so that card is a little bit of a problem. Also, where's Gallade? There was no Gallade in the previous Japanese set, and yet again we still don't have a new Gallade. When will we ever have Gallade in the TCG again?

Yep, this is a pretty bad set overall. Hopefully, the two Dragon sets that'll be coming in March will offer many good cards compared to this.

blaziken is just an upgraded version of typhlosion from HGSS(not prime). More damage, less draw back, and more hp

guys, which pokemon EX would be a better pokemon for unlimited deck? darkrai EX with dark patch and darkness claw or tornadus EX with DCE and some stadium? and please take a look at this and comment:
http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-unlimited-darkrai-ex-deck-help

Back