(1) All 'Dark Rush' Scans and Translations! [12/14]

I'm not exactly impressed. 10 dark types (11 counting alt. art Darkrai EX) in a set that was promoting Dark types? Add to the fact that some of their art is bad, and there are what, 6 fully evolved Dark types?
This should've been Dragon Selection but with Dark types instead of Dragon.
And I was looking forward to Suicune EX. But no, Tornadus? We could've at least had Krookodile, Umbreon Mandibuzz, or Zoroark.
However I adore Full Art Entei EX. That art is just amazing. And more Galvantula never hurts.
Oh, and that Gardevoir is simply to die for. It is just beautiful.

Oh! Suggestion, since it IS written on the card, adding the following to Espeon's translation: "(Damage is still applied.)"

Or something along those lines, since it's confusing a BUNCH of people who are just reading the translation and cannot read Japanese. (I could just BARELY read it because the image was kinda blurry but I read it and it's there on the card.)

So, WPM. Which translations did you alter this time to troll other websites? Hope it wasn't Accelgor. ME GUSTA.

That Catcher... ;o;

That'll be the card to have when this set comes out. Imagine having a playset of 4. I could care less about the other cards in this set, though. We won't get them until February at the earliest.

Empoleon <3

Jumpluff 2.0.

I am sure Play! Pokemon hates Glaceon now.

Arcavine185 said:
This should've been Dragon Selection but with Dark types instead of Dragon.
You don't even know what's in Dragon Selection yet, silly.

I find gold Catcher to be hilarious! XD

But on a more serious note, I love that Empoleon, but hate at the same time for replacing Jumpluff (though I do think Empoleon is better), especialy after I thought of a way to make Jumpluff playable again, yes that includes the 90HP. The only thing I don't like about Empoleon is the {L} weakness because of Eelektrik/Magnezone on the rise.

It's true Venusaur does have a good ability too.

There are 38 Dark type pokemon, counting Arceus. There are only 10 Dark cards (ignoring FA Darkrai ex) in the set. You think they could have at least put in a few more, but again what are you going to do?

A quick note: There are only 31 dragons (counting Arceus and assuming both of Giratina's forme's would become dragon cards) and I thought Dragon Selection was going to be 67 cards. So it won't be just dragons in the set, but hopefully they will at least have all the dragons needed to build at least a couple of decent decks. That might include Tornadus ex and Suicune ex. I wonder though if Reshiram ex, Zekrom ex, and Kyurem ex will get dragon bordered prints or what. Since alot of legendaries are also dragons I wonder what will happen with that.

That shiny catcher looks so awesomely weird. I love the Tornadus EX (regular) artwork, and I can't wait for the Empoleon.

Accelgor is interesting too, and I also think the slowbro's ability is funny.

We have now learned a lot from this set.
1. Pokemon can be printed as full arts more that once, (this is now the second Tronadus full art) wich raises the chance of full art Zekrom-EX and Reshiram-EX (the might be promos in Japan)
2. Suciune-EX and Thundurus-EX (mayebe Landorus-EX) will be coming soon
3. Trainer cards can be shiny
4. When a set tries focus on one type, it doesn't turn out well (there were only 11 Dark-types if you count Darkrai-EX and the full art as two)
The next Enlish set may include Tornadus-EX and Thundurus-EX, along with the gift set promos. The gift set promos might be in theme decks (like the Zekrom and Reshiram full arts). Mayebe that's when the full art Landorus promo and the Landorus promo from Red Collection will come to Nroth America. They could also be promos.
Tronadus-EX looks really bad, but I'm not a fan of Tornadus in general wich doesn't help me to be positive about this card. It looks like he's falling over because he's passing out. All EXs look like they're reaching out at you. It's kinda repetative. I guess it's because Shizurow is the illustraitor for all of them (from psycho Drive and Hail Blizzard to now).

Cards are looking great! This might make me get into collecting again, I gave all my cards away to a good friend of mine so I might re-start my collection here.

Well. I must say, I like this set. It has a lot of interesting and possibly playable cards.

I should have seen that Heatmor coming. An ant is released that's good? Make a techable anteater that completely decimates it!

Slowbro's Ability is just plain funny.

I kind of like Empoleon, though I never expected that an Empoleon would have a 1-energy attack. It seems inappropriate for a metal penguin.

Hmm. A Plusle that isn't horrible. Interesting.

Aerodactyl and Twist Mountain might make people reconsider their stance on the new Restored Pokemon.

I like the new Dark-types and the two Dark-oriented Trainers, despite the fact that there aren't many. This could be a really fun type to use (as was intended by the set).

That's a lot of secret cards... HOLY COW A GOLDEN POKEMON CATCHER?!

Looks at Empoleon. Looks at Jumpluff. Looks back. Smiles a an evil smile.

I can't wait for Empoleon!!!!

Fossil pokemon just became really good. I'm really liking the looks of Archeops/Jirachi/Kyurem/Main Attacker

^I have a thread about that already.

Shiny Catcher is pointless. If people will really pay money for a card that is a different color, then I'll quit the TCG. This is a prime example of how the only thing TPCi cares about is money.

A lot of the cards here look okay at first glance, but it's definitely not looking as good as a set like Noble Victories. I'm disappointed by the # of Dark types, but I can't complain, because it's not going to change anything.

The only thing I hope for is for that Gardevoir to be released in the U.S. soon.

Well, enjoy quitting then. Because I would.

The Ultra Rare bracket of cards are specifically for the collector's side of the game. That should of been apparent when they started printing reprint shiny cards. Ergo, no, not useless. Be mindful that there are two sects to the game, and while they often cross over, Creatures in Japan try their best to cater for both with their combinations of sets and promos.

I was just about done typing a huge response to this, when I accidentally hit "back" and deleted it all. :(

Anyway, I'm not going to bother going through all th cards again, so I'm just going to list that I think have potential:

-Venasaur
-Carnevine
-Accelgor
-Entei-EX
-Blaziken
-Heatmor (down with Durant!)
-Volcarona
-Empoleon
-Raikou-EX
-Plusle
-Espeon
-Aerodactyl
-Excadrill
-Sableye
-Darkrai-EX
-Krookadile
-Zoroark
-Tornadus-EX
-Dark Patch
-Darkness Claw
-Bad Team's Jimu and Sabu
-Twist Mountain

Also happy about the shinies and Rare Candy being reprinted. Seriously, a gold Catcher? That's gotta be worth, like, a LOT.

So yeah. I love this set! I can't wait until these cards are released in America. My personal favorites are Accelgor, Empoleon, Raikou-EX, Darkrai-EX, and Zoroark. I was taken by surprise when I saw Tornadus and not Suicune, but I don't think it's too bad. Personally, I think that Tornadus-EX is still a good card and will probably see some play.
I predict that in the next set (not counting Dragon Selection) there will be four more EXs, which will most likely be the big, main legendary as well as Suicune-EX, Thundurus-EX, and Landorus-EX.

Love this set, and can't wait for the dragons!
-

Why is no one mentioning the Zoroark? I like it, can potentially OHKO Magnezone/Zekrom with a Darkness Claw and a field full of Dark types, which would be the Zoroark swarm as well as these guys. Then you've got him too. Just might work.

...what happened to my post count?

reshiram36 said:
Cards are looking great! This might make me get into collecting again, I gave all my cards away to a good friend of mine so I might re-start my collection here.

Thanks! :D (that good friend was me)
I agree, great cards! Except both Tornadus-EXs...

Back