(1) 130+ 'Plasma Storm' Scans!

pokedan24 said:
Lunatone: Good with ether.

Of course, but depending on certain lists they may or maynot be able to fit in Luna/Ether/Dex engines

pokedan24 said:
Lucario (ability): Arguably better than Shaymin EX. Your opponent only needs to have taken one prize to have this thing hitting for at least 90. If they have taken 4, you can one shot EXs. If he gets revenge killed, you're still in the game since he doesn't give up 2 prizes. Easily one of the best non EXs.

But he's a stage 1...and fitting a 1-1, 2-2 for a somewhat gimmicky prize exchange? I'll stick to my big fat ex basics and speed thanks. Or better yet, I'll leave it to the Probopass's.

pokedan24 said:
Black Kyurem EX: First EX with a completely vanilla attack (slash). Second attack is expensive, but in the right deck (blastoise with lots of energy retrieval), it could be worth it.

White Kyurem EX: I think this is the better of the two. It gets the better ace spec, still has good energy acceleraters, and doesn't need to discard 3 energy.

Even with a Giant Cape, Eviolite or Apsirita (save for a giant caped tornadous ex in the gym)any poke in the current meta will be one shot by Black Balista.White Kyurem needs damage to really start hitting things and while it does get the "better" ace spec, you cant serious tell me you'd run that over all the other better options we have (Comp serch, Dousing Mach, Gold Pot) Its a waste of an ace spec and especially with rayeels still around, White Kyurem isn't cutting it for me. However, Black Kyurem still isn't high and dry either and you'll need to be able to reliably get energies out if you are stuck with him as your main attacker (which you really shouldnt in a Blastoise Keldeo deck) When Super energy retrieval and Thunderous EX comes it Black Kyurem will definitely be the much stronger play.

pokedan24 said:
Snorlax: The attack is too expensive, but the ability has some combo potential with hit and run attackers (magnezone) or poison beam + virbank.

Broken with next set. And attaching a DCE + something else and a plasma and it's really not that bad. Busted in a Plasma big Basics deck.

pokedan24 said:
Exploud: The star of round decks, can do massive damage with second attack and can destroy their hand with the first. Has potential.

Will only really start seeing use in a "better" round deck when Melloetta EX comes out.

pokedan24 said:
Lugia EX: The plasma discard hurts it too much.

It can still hurt big time in the format because fast speed donk decks can go off. However, again its one of those cards that just won't get its shine on until Thunderous EX.

pokedan24 said:
Colress: Very good, but there are times when it could be a dead draw.

The ONLY time this is a dead draw is in the first two three turns if not alot of basics are being played or against someone who's very conservative of laying down basics. The potential to draw up to 10 cards is busted. Period.

pokedan24 said:
Escape rope: Could be very annoying for your opponent, but I'd rather just play switch.

If they were dedicating all their resources to one poke its very disruptive for their momentum. The ability to now essentially play 8 switch in a deck is not shabby in a game that has hypnotoxicbroke beams running around. Also you seem to not value the breaking of poision/sleep from an unlucky roll with said card.

pokedan24 said:
Team Plasma Grunt: Just play Cheren for extra draw.

If we get Plasma Balls, they will be your dump cards for this supporter. This is hands down the BEST follow up to a busted Colress draw. If you draw into a Juniper and this off your colress along with something disposable, do you really want to juniper your hand away? and that extra card wins games.

Wish Hypnobroken beam wasnt around as much would love to try some different decks out lol

Kalyst said:
pokedan24 said:
Lunatone: Good with ether.

Of course, but depending on certain lists they may or maynot be able to fit in Luna/Ether/Dex engines Agree. It doesn't work as it takes a lot of deck and bench space

pokedan24 said:
Lucario (ability): Arguably better than Shaymin EX. Your opponent only needs to have taken one prize to have this thing hitting for at least 90. If they have taken 4, you can one shot EXs. If he gets revenge killed, you're still in the game since he doesn't give up 2 prizes. Easily one of the best non EXs.

But he's a stage 1...and fitting a 1-1, 2-2 for a somewhat gimmicky prize exchange? I'll stick to my big fat ex basics and speed thanks. Or better yet, I'll leave it to the Probopass's. The only place where I can see Lucario is in PlasmaKlang to counter Darkrai.

pokedan24 said:
Black Kyurem EX: First EX with a completely vanilla attack (slash). Second attack is expensive, but in the right deck (blastoise with lots of energy retrieval), it could be worth it.

White Kyurem EX: I think this is the better of the two. It gets the better ace spec, still has good energy acceleraters, and doesn't need to discard 3 energy.

Even with a Giant Cape, Eviolite or Apsirita (save for a giant caped tornadous ex in the gym)any poke in the current meta will be one shot by Black Balista.White Kyurem needs damage to really start hitting things and while it does get the "better" ace spec, you cant serious tell me you'd run that over all the other better options we have (Comp serch, Dousing Mach, Gold Pot) Its a waste of an ace spec and especially with rayeels still around, White Kyurem isn't cutting it for me. However, Black Kyurem still isn't high and dry either and you'll need to be able to reliably get energies out if you are stuck with him as your main attacker (which you really shouldnt in a Blastoise Keldeo deck) When Super energy retrieval and Thunderous EX comes it Black Kyurem will definitely be the much stronger play. You forgot the unplayable card called Wailord :p. Crystal Wall lets BK tank a bit while get hitting hard. WK is awful as Reuniclus is unplayable this format and that is the only way (that comes to my mind) that you could power WK.

pokedan24 said:
Snorlax: The attack is too expensive, but the ability has some combo potential with hit and run attackers (magnezone) or poison beam + virbank.

Broken with next set. And attaching a DCE + something else and a plasma and it's really not that bad. Busted in a Plasma big Basics deck. Not really. Snorlax is not good anywhere. Landorus hits it for weakness and so does Terrakion. It is really terrible as it requires 5 energies to setup

pokedan24 said:
Exploud: The star of round decks, can do massive damage with second attack and can destroy their hand with the first. Has potential.

Will only really start seeing use in a "better" round deck when Melloetta EX comes out. lol. Melloeta EX

pokedan24 said:
Lugia EX: The plasma discard hurts it too much.

It can still hurt big time in the format because fast speed donk decks can go off. However, again its one of those cards that just won't get its shine on until Thunderous EX. Thundurus won't get Lugia to shine. Lugia is good for DONK'ing for 2 prizes or take some last prizes against weak Pokemon. Thundurus won't help it donk.

pokedan24 said:
Colress: Very good, but there are times when it could be a dead draw.

The ONLY time this is a dead draw is in the first two three turns if not alot of basics are being played or against someone who's very conservative of laying down basics. The potential to draw up to 10 cards is busted. Period. Your opponent won't be letting many basics down thanks to Colress. Sometimes you can be lucky enough to get 7 or 8 but 10 is too much. The real reason why Colress is run, is because N is the only other shuffle-draw supporter and it might help your opponent (even if it is an awesome card).

pokedan24 said:
Escape rope: Could be very annoying for your opponent, but I'd rather just play switch.

If they were dedicating all their resources to one poke its very disruptive for their momentum. The ability to now essentially play 8 switch in a deck is not shabby in a game that has hypnotoxicbroke beams running around. Also you seem to not value the breaking of poison/sleep from an unlucky roll with said card. With Catcher in the game, it will not always be as good as it was warp point. It is a great card but when you got the opponent pokemon Poison thanks to PHB, you are loosing what you wanted.

pokedan24 said:
Team Plasma Grunt: Just play Cheren for extra draw.

If we get Plasma Balls, they will be your dump cards for this supporter. This is hands down the BEST follow up to a busted Colress draw. If you draw into a Juniper and this off your colress along with something disposable, do you really want to juniper your hand away? and that extra card wins games. It is really good but I don't see it being that good as some people say. 4 cards is really good but many people complained about Cheren and Bianca being their only draw supporter (other than N and Juniper). With Colress (and upcoming Ghetsit) I don't think it will see much play.

Lugia is never going to shine, but Thundurus EX at least makes it playable. Sure, it will never be more than a tech for a sweet late-game finisher (donks are not strategies; they're a luck-based part of the game that you should not focus on trying to do), but it will at least see some use. As of now, Plasma decks just don't really work, meaning Lugia would be an extremely clunky tech. When Thundurus EX, Deoxys EX, and other great Plasma attackers like the Kyurem come out (read the Japan stuff, I thought it sucked also), Lugia is a perfectly reasonable tech. Snorlax is the same way.

Meloetta EX was just me making a joke XD Of course round decks in general just aren't up to snuff lol

And yeah I know Lucario would be seen in The Plasma Klingklang as it would get safeguard like abilities but I dont know how used of a tech he'll be...

I would expect Terrakion (regular) to decline a bit due to hypotoxic/virbank + Darkrai + Dark Claw and not getting its retaliate damage. Landy still possess a problem and still sees play even with Blast/Keldeo being prevalent (this is probably due to rayeels still rearing its head). Snorlax is only giving up one prize and you shouldn't be locking an active Landy with Snorlax anyways that's suicide. In between the next set of big basics and upped consistency of the Plasma Engine, I think both Snorlax and Lugia as one offs will see some play.

For Colress, thats why I had say that it would be kind of meh if they play bench conservatively. But if its an Empoleon deck, you wouldn't have any issues getting 8-10 cards (both you and your opponent) XD Maybe I just play against alot of heave bench droppers in my meta but I dont see them changing their playstyle just out of "olol 4 Colress is best card ololol".

Escape Rope is for when you have the unfortunate chance of being under PHB not the other way around sorry if that sounded confusing.

I'll be seeing if I have the time/money to get ahold of a box and go to a tourney to see whats up.

I dunno, I still see Lucario seeing some play in the right deck. He gets the plasma benefits, he gets protected by klingklang if he has the blend energy attached, and he only gives up one prize. Of course it's not going to be in every deck, but I think it will get play.

pokedan24 said:
I dunno, I still see Lucario seeing some play in the right deck. He gets the plasma benefits, he gets protected by klingklang if he has the blend energy attached, and he only gives up one prize. Of course it's not going to be in every deck, but I think it will get play.

Lucario isn't a Plasma Pokemon.

The mistake probably occurred because someone typed "F" for "Fire" instead of "R," which is the letter that both the company and fans use for Fire's name. "F" is used for "Fighting."

Now see, that's even more confusing. I thought "R" stood for Fighting, since Fighting is used for Rock Pokemon as well.

I just noticed that these are the first full-art EX's that weren't created with 5ban Graphics.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
[F] = Fighting
[R] = Roast, Red, etc.

Any other questions class?

No.

[F] = Fighting
[R] = Fire

R is picked because it's the first consonant after the F; F was already taken by Fighting.
Chess did the same thing; the knight is designated as N because K is already taken by the king.

Machamp the Champion said:
pokedan24 said:

Lucario isn't a Plasma Pokemon.

*checks*

Doh!!!

I don't know why I thought that.

Is it just me or is Articuno EX's frost prison kind of broken? Paralysis every turn with no escape...?

If only it gave trainer lock AND paralysis with it's attack, then you could put it with garbodor to dish out some serious disruption. I guess it was too much to ask for though.

Back