(1) ‘Legendary Dragons of Unova Collection’ in November [8/7]

At least some people like it and aren't letting their hate blind their views on such wonderful figures.

(( Come on guys, cheap and poor quality, really? ))

Time to speak up. I'm very hyped for this and red genesect collection.

What would you rather get?

A. Box with a deck, 2 horrendous set packs. and 3 reverses (One of which is a crappy promo) <--- Emerging challenge crap

b. A box with 3 promo cards (Most likely gonna be new promos) 3 figures corresponding to said promos, and 4 packs

Salamencetrainer34 said:
Time to speak up. I'm very hyped for this and red genesect collection.

What would you rather get?

A. Box with a deck, 2 horrendous set packs. and 3 reverses (One of which is a crappy promo) <--- Emerging challenge crap

b. A box with 3 promo cards (Most likely gonna be new promos) 3 figures corresponding to said promos, and 4 packs
Neither, because I believe in investing my money in other more long-standing investments/pursuits.
I already have several of those Resh/Zek/Kyu cards. I do not need any more. And any figure I own ends up collecting dust anyway, so I'm not going to bother. I have no reason to buy these boxes because they don't give me anything.

But of course, older players are not their market.

Wow this box looks like it will be pretty cool. I hope I can get this box when it comes out XD.:)

TokenDuelist said:
I'm hoping they're new promos and those pics are just placeholders ;v;

I can't agree more. It's sad how pokemon is trying to pawn off their unsold items on us. Especially that they're reprinting the out of rotation kyurem, when we already have kyurem from plasma blast. The figures are pretty cool, but I already have the Reshiram, and the cards will most likely be poor quality thanks to packaging issues.

Honestly, I'd like to see dragon type Reshiram and Zekrom promos

Salamancetrainer34 said:
B. A box with 3 promo cards (Most likely gonna be new promos) 3 figures corresponding to said promos, and 4 packs
Uh... I'd rather get option A. With the theme deck we are most likely getting new cards, and we are getting the newest set, which doesn't seem so crappy to me compared to the dragons box.

Familiar said:
Great!

X & Y should be out and we will be still getting Black & White boosters.

maybe it just shows that TPCi isn't even trying to get XY out by the end of this year.

I mean, what would they release? BW stuff and call it XY? I have a hard time figuring out what they could release by the end of this year when Japan hasn't release their first XY set yet. The earliest would be December, and for the international market, it would probably be December too, if you want your cards in Engrish of course.

Usually when TPCi releases a set of a new generation, they stop releasing stuff of the old generation to the point that there are absolutely no pokemon that is all about the old generation pasted all over the outer packaging of the box set. Currently, TPCi is still in BW mode, and I don't think they are going to fit a square peg in a round hole and force a XY november TCG release because they know it is impossible when there is no XY cards to release.

It all comes down to Japan. Simultaneous release is cool and all, only if our products are exactly the same as the Japanese versions. We probably spend the time moving cards around in different sets, and make sure that we release 4 sets a year, something Japan doesn't do.

signofzeta said:
Familiar said:
Great!

X & Y should be out and we will be still getting Black & White boosters.

maybe it just shows that TPCi isn't even trying to get XY out by the end of this year.

I mean, what would they release? BW stuff and call it XY? I have a hard time figuring out what they could release by the end of this year when Japan hasn't release their first XY set yet. The earliest would be December, and for the international market, it would probably be December too, if you want your cards in Engrish of course.

Usually when TPCi releases a set of a new generation, they stop releasing stuff of the old generation to the point that there are absolutely no pokemon that is all about the old generation pasted all over the outer packaging of the box set. Currently, TPCi is still in BW mode, and I don't think they are going to fit a square peg in a round hole and force a XY november TCG release because they know it is impossible when there is no XY cards to release.

It all comes down to Japan. Simultaneous release is cool and all, only if our products are exactly the same as the Japanese versions. We probably spend the time moving cards around in different sets, and make sure that we release 4 sets a year, something Japan doesn't do.

But the Japanese EBB release makes a case for November English XY. July is a good selling time in Japan. Japan has never missed a July set. So why release EBB instead of BW10? The most obvious answer is to allow English sets to catch up, for a November XY release.

omahanime said:
signofzeta said:

But the Japanese EBB release makes a case for November English XY. July is a good selling time in Japan. Japan has never missed a July set. So why release EBB instead of BW10? The most obvious answer is to allow English sets to catch up, for a November XY release.

That was what I thought, until it was confirmed via deduction that Japan isn't going to release their first XY set before the end of November.

So how are we going to get our first XY set before the end of the year when there is a chance that Japan isn't going to release theirs till december or next year?

TPCi has hit a snag because they want to release their set close to the games release, ideally november, but there aren't any xy cards to release. I wouldn't call a set with less than 60% xy cards an xy set.

If they would allow us to catch up for a november release, Japan would be releasing the full xy set, rather than a deluxe version of the beginning sets.

looking at what TPCi is releasing now, and the news about the first Japanese XY set, it is looking grim that Japan is going to release their first XY set in november, which makes it even more grim that we will get ours in november. Remember that we never get a set before Japan, only at the same time or after. Power keepers was a different story, because the Japanese version wasn't even part of the main series of sets, and was a limited time offer, so there are zero international sets that came before the Japanese equivalent.

We'll see. If there is any news about a XY set in Japan coming out in the next couple of weeks, then it is most likely that it will come out in November. The news for Black Collection and White Collection came out on Pokebeach in early september, and the set came out in december, so if news comes out in the next couple of weeks, based on the news to set release gap, then the set would come out in November. Right now, there is no news, which makes it highly unlikely the set will come out in November.

There is also the issue of the future as well. Let's say Japan doesn't release their XY2 set until July 2014. We decided to squeeze our XY1 in December 2013. Then what? What are we supposed to release in February and May, go back to BW? It doesn't make any sense, considering how BW should be done and gone with. For black and white, there were enough cards in decks and the Black collection and White collection to fill two sets, and I highly doubt there will be enough cards from X collection and Y collection, if they are going to name it like that, to fill three sets.

One thing I am for sure is the EBB is probably to let TPCi catch up, but it seems TPCi isn't taking advantage of it, or else why would they still release BW stuff so late in the year?

signofzeta said:
That was what I thought, until it was confirmed via deduction that Japan isn't going to release their first XY set before the end of November.

True, Japan has not announced a set for Japan for November. But they are releasing an Intro player decks for boys and girls ( just like B&W). Who can guess how many promos will be released (sometimes too many at once)

TPCi could mess up a free lunch. You have all this hype with a new generation, Japan will have some XY cards, and we could get a promo box that has BW - Emerging Powers boosters. How exciting!

omahanime said:
signofzeta said:

True, Japan has not announced a set for Japan for November. But they are releasing an Intro player decks for boys and girls ( just like B&W). Who can guess how many promos will be released (sometimes too many at once)

TPCi could mess up a free lunch. You have all this hype with a new generation, Japan will have some XY cards, and we could get a promo box that has BW - Emerging Powers boosters. How exciting!
TCPI would never put rotated booster packs in a new box! They care about their fans!

Said nobody ever.

I will surely buy this now they may have the possibility of adding the best set!

I'll point out they kept releasing Call of Legends packs in theme boxes as late as Dragons Exalted - six sets in. And some HS stuff found its way in all the way through Emerging Powers - so this really doesn't prove anything.

Skulblaka_Shur said:
I'll point out they kept releasing Call of Legends packs in theme boxes as late as Dragons Exalted - six sets in. And some HS stuff found its way in all the way through Emerging Powers - so this really doesn't prove anything.

And the outer packaging? All box sets after the release of black and white had a black and white vibe to it. The contents within doesn't count. You can release a box set that has an outer packaging that screams X and Y, but still have BW boosters in it. Right now, the current and upcoming products does not scream XY. Just look at the title of this box set? Unova? Not an XY product.

omahanime said:

Well, if the beginning set would be anything like the black and white ones, there would be around 40 different cards in the set, all being beginner type of cards, meaning they have low power level. It would be ideal to make a 90 to 110 card set, so Japan would need to have around 50 to 70 promos, and I highly doubt they are going to release that many in a span of 2 months.

The name of the box sounds like a name that would help wrap up this generation. Also, the only logical reason not to reprint all of the common trainers (energy switch, potion, etc.) is because they will release them again soon in another base set.

Back