(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Reveals New X/Y Details and Four New Pokemon! [5/11]

I'm loving that lizard/weenie dog thing

Hope it's available early on in the game.

Also I'm surprised they did not reveal Sylveon's type here.

English names will probably be released in the middle of next week, considering that it's when the magazine actually comes out.

Overall I love all of these guys. The professor/rival/NPC fellow looks quite interesting too! She's probably a professor given the outfit but who knows, we may actually have a female rival that isn't just the alternate gender protagonist O:

I for one want to see what's on those pages with the legendaries. Maybe they'll finally reveal a hint about what these guys actually do?

I really can't wait, and given that this seems to finally be the beginning of a normal stream of information we're probably going to get a lot more as the months whittle down!

Given some rumors the reveal may need a special issue of it's own ;)
But hey, at least we have more than just Newtwo to hold us out til it's reveal.

Hey guys

What if the Weenie Dog/Lizard is Mawie's counterpart?

Color Palettes are similar, plus steel and electric is a common dual type.

Reggie McGigas said:

Yeah, or Xerneas/Yveltal. Still calling Xerneas being Electric/Psychic and Yveltal being Dark/Flying.

I love the fact that you can actually ride the "Gogoat" in the game! That's a sweet new feature. If the electric/normal guy has a last evolution, I can see it being pretty cool and powerful. The robin Pokémon is ok...I don't really like the other one.

Rusticks said:
Reggie McGigas said:

This isn't the full magazine.

True, true.

I'll give my grades to the Pokémon here.

Elikiteru - A
Yes, gotta love that electric wiener dog

Yayakoma - A-
I honestly don't see why everyone is hating on it. It can learn nitro/flame charge, so maybe it will be a fire/flying evolution?

Gogoat- B+
Not a creative name, but I like how you can ride it.

Yancham- C+
It looks kinda weird. Is it eating something in it's design?

Reggie McGigas said:
Rusticks said:
This isn't the full magazine.

True, true.

Elikiteru - A

Yayakoma - A-
I honestly don't see why everyone is hating on it. It can learn nitro/flame charge, so maybe it will be a fire/flying evolution?

Gogoat- B+

Yancham- C+

Maybe it's a bamboo leaf...it resembles a panda to me.

Hegafire0 said:
Wait... So Fennekin shoots fire out of his ears?
Yes.
Seismitoad537 said:
Reggie McGigas said:
True, true.

Elikiteru - A

Yayakoma - A-

Gogoat- B+

Yancham- C+

Maybe it's a bamboo leaf...it resembles a panda to me.

I'm pretty sure it's a panda. WPM says it's a panda too. However that doesn't look like bamboo to me.

I AM SO HAPPY. I love the robin so much, I hope it turns out to be fire/flying. I love the panda too, it's so cute, reminds me of an Animal Crossing character. I see so much potential for the lizard's evolution, it could be so badass, and cool typing. The goat is the only one where I'm like meh, but one out of ten being average to me is still amazing. Character customization is fantastic, I love the female trainer's design the most and subtle customization is just such a nice feature. I can't even deal with the emotions.

I was a tiny bit meh about the yellow lizard and the Japanese robin, but I'm slowly warming up to them. :)

What i want to know is what this "X/Y news I've been holding on to for a while " is all about.
Are you hiding something from us? :3
Is this something that have been gotten from an inside source?
Does anyone but Pokebeach know about it?

Brodeo said:
What i want to know is what this "X/Y news I've been holding on to for a while " is all about.

*Coughcoughsylveonisaflyingtypecoughcough*

In all seriousness though, why are you hiding things from us, WPM?

Gogogo Goat!

...wait...

...And now I wait for more stuff to show up because this doesn't look like all that much. Elikiteru looks rather silly, at least from my perspective, but the other two are passable.
I kinda want that Yayakoma. It looks adorable.

I also love the blond boy trainer, I hope it's possible to mix skin-tones and hair colour and that it's not just 3 set options, mix and match! There appears to be an attempt to return to more "natural" Pokémon which is nice, but I'd like to see some of the more abstract designs! Still can't deal!!!!!!!!!

SkyeVictini said:
I was a tiny bit meh about the yellow lizard and the Japanese robin, but I'm slowly warming up to them. :)

That's exactly how I feel about them. I didn't like the lizard at first at all, but now I don't mind it. Probably in a week I'll absolutely love it.

Brodeo said:
I'm wondering this as well.

As for the new Pokémon:
Gogoat; pretty cool.
Yancham; they could've done much, much worse. I approve.
Yayakoma; I like that it gets Flame Charge. Very interesting.
Elikiteru; CUTEST. DAMN. THING. EVER. DO WANT.

Back