(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Cover Reveals Silhouetted Pokemon, More Leaks Soon [2/11]

I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I waited one month for just a mediocre Eeveelution. All I want to see are some basic Pokemon. AND XERNEAS/YVELTAL's TYPES!!!!!

IKR? One new evolution is not enough info to hold us over for another month. It'll hold us off for like, a week or two at best.

It's funny, I've never liked any of the Eeveelutions(except for Jolteon), but I actually like this one. I still like Jolteon more, though.

Bobby Degeratu said:
Okay, so CoroCoro is still leaking... right? Because for all I know, the new Pokemon was on the front page only. So, is there more, or was that it?

I think this is it. At least we finally get new gameplay this Saturday on Pokemon Smash!

plutoplanetpower said:
Ninfia Type Possibilities

Normal - Not likely. Eevee's special characteristic is evolving into different types. Even though Ninfia looks like many other normal types, a normal evolution would not add to the Eevee evolution collection.

Flying - Possible. The butterfly-looking bows and long flowing ribbons show that flying has potential. Not all flying types have wings.

Fighting - Not likely. Nothing really says fighting about the design other than the fact that it doesn't scream any other types.

Dragon - Not likely. Even though this is the last of the "special types" that hasn't received an Eevee evolution, Ninfia doesn't really display any "dragon-like" traits. Although Altaria doesn't either, it's still much more dragon-like than Ninfia.

NEW "Light" Type - Not likely.
As much as I'd like to see a new light type, there are many reasons why this type will probably not be introduced.
- A light type is not there to balance the dark type because the dark type is "evil" type in Japanese (in reference to the sneaky moves they use). Currently the psychic type is the closest conceptual counterpart to the dark type (espeon/sun and umbreon/moon).
- Most Pokemon that would be retroactively made into a light type (i.e. Sunflora, Ampharos, Lanturn, etc.) or moves that would be made light moves (solar beam, flash, light screen, etc.) are already either Electric, Psychic, Grass, Normal, etc. and the switch could prove difficult for game mechanics.

NEW "Fairy" Type - Possibility?
If there were to be a new type introduced this generation, a "fairy" type could be a possibility. The evidence in favor of this theory includes Ninfia's name (being potentially based on nymphs), the cute and whimsical appearance that fits in with fairies, the fact that "fairy" is already an egg group in the game (so if a new type was made, some old Pokemon could become reclassified as "fairy" type such as the evolution lines of Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Chansey, Audino, Togepi, Snubble, Skitty, etc. which are currently just all lumped under "normal"), the fact that Umbreon was introduced the same generation the new dark type was introduced, etc. Could a potential "fairy" type that is based on cuteness/goodness/light also then serve as a counterpart to the actual "dark/evil" type?

I like the idea of normal, flying and fighting but I'm strongly against the idea of new types. Light is a fail and so is fairy. KWIM? Hope it is flying because it resembles Skyla, the Unova Flying Gym Leader.

Over and out,

--CleverClocks

I wouldn't expect too much from Smash. Probably just a short gameplay clip akin to the one we got for BW (which showed the PC walking around Castelia City for about 5 seconds).

9Tailz said:
ewwwwwww
Ninfia looks like a cross between Victini and Milltic in fox/cat/rabbit form. It doesn't really even look like an Eeveelution that much. :/

Look, we've heard this about any pokemon that has been revealed since GS.

"Oh it looks like x mixed with y with some details from z"

So what. I looks different anyway.

Sorry if this has already been said but has anyone thought that a possible evolution method for the new Eeveelution might just be level up?? That "might" pose a problem for anyone wanting to raise their eevee to a certain level before evolving it although we have the Everstone and B button for that I guess :>

Articuno144 said:
Sorry if this has already been said but has anyone thought that a possible evolution method for the new Eeveelution might just be level up?? That "might" pose a problem for anyone wanting to raise their eevee to a certain level before evolving it although we have the Everstone and B button for that I guess :>

not really, because gamefreak aims for a degree of consistency with new evolutions.

Otherwise Umbreon would evolve with Moon Stone, Leafeon with Leaf Stone, all those trade+item pokemon with JUST trading, and so on...

I'm suprised there's so many fanarts of Ninfia considering a lot of people don't like it. To be honest, I find the fanarts looks so much better than the officals.

How sad!

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
I'm going to be seriously disappointed if I waited one month for just a mediocre Eeveelution. All I want to see are some basic Pokemon. AND XERNEAS/YVELTAL's TYPES!!!!!

Yes! I want to see their types SOO BADLY.

Here is a better Scan of the CoroCoro page:

Nuevo_evoluci%C3%B3n_de_Eevee.png

Can anyone tell me what move is it using at the upper left?

I don't know why people are comparing this to victini, the only similarity is the blue eyes just like the the only similiarity between chespin and oshawatt is body shape.

Back