(1) ‘CoroCoro’ Cover Reveals Silhouetted Pokemon, More Leaks Soon [2/11]

Ehhh, I don't like the design at all, not for an Eevee evolution. And sadly it looks like it's Normal type. I hope there's another eeveelution to be announced that looks better than this. It does appear that this is a female evolution and that if there is another evolution, it would be male, which would be pretty cool I guess.

InuMimi said:
I'm still going with dragon type... Not every Pokemon looks like their typing. Sneasel certainly doesn't look like an ice-type.

If a Pokémon doesn't look like it's type, then it's usually based on some kind of mythical creature associated with that type. In Sneasel's case, it's based on the kamaitachi (sickle weasel), a Japanese yokai. It's said to ride the winds while attacking with its sharp claws. Puts a whole new spin on "piercing cold," eh? The fact that the creature rode the winds may be why Sneasel has a feathered ear and tail.

As far as Ninfia goes, the design looks a bit plain (though absolutely adorable), so I'm suspecting that it will be a Normal-type (as much as I dislike the idea of a Normal Eeveelution). The ribbons remind me of Pokémon Contests, so I have a feeling those will be coming back and will have something to do with how Eevee evolves into Ninfia.

Also, though this may be over-speculation on my part, in Japanese, the letter "i" makes a long "e" sound and "f" becomes kind of flat like an h, so it would sound more like NEENhia. Neen is the Dutch word for no. No element = Normal.

However, I do believe that it could be Flying (since the ribbons seem to be blowing in the breeze) or Bug-type (since "Ninf-" sounds like "nymph," it has large eyes, and the bows resemble butterflies). I don't see it being anything else, though.

Also, though this may be over-speculation on my part, in Japanese, the letter "i" makes a long "e" sound and "f" becomes kind of flat like an h, so it would sound more like NEENhia. Neen is the Dutch word for no. No element = Normal.

Well, you could follow that train of thought a bit more, since "nin" in japanese can mean "person", and the bows, ribbons, and the fur boa on its head make it more human.

Bolt the Cat said:
scuba steveE said:
If this thing is a Dragon type, than I just give up on guessing stuff.

Well Altaria is a Dragon type and that thing doesn't look the least bit draconic at all.

scuba steveE said:
I think Fighting only because it's the only other type that it could be. I mean it could be any of those types, we'll just have to wait and see.

I doubt it. The ribbons don't look like they're used for any sort of fighting style.
Altaria is based on the Peng, which, from what I could gather, is a huge phoenix with a dragon's head.

I'm not really claiming they are, I'm just saying fighting because I don't have a better answer. :\

Hmmm...just a thought, but perhaps each version IS more tailored for boys or girls. It was stated before the revealing of Ninfia that it was geared more towards the taste of girls. Perhaps Ninfia will be in Pokemon X and a different eeveelution will be in Pokemon Y.

This is just speculation though, I've noticed that Pokemon has been releasing more and more merchandise aimed at either girls or boys (such as shiny collection which was obviously for girls.) I'm not sure I like the idea though of one version being for boys and the other for girls though, I prefer not to gender stereotype that much, and it would make those of the opposite sex more embarrassed to buy the "other" version.

I feel like it separates men and women too much, not everything has to be "just for boys" or "just for girls". If we still had that attitude, we wouldn't have as many amazing chefs that are men or incredible engineers that are women. Just a thought.

Zweistar said:

Well, you could follow that train of thought a bit more, since "nin" in japanese can mean "person", and the bows, ribbons, and the fur boa on its head make it more human.

In that case, maybe the player combines their own DNA with Eevee to make Ninfia! :0

MewtwoStruckBack said:
Oh...my...God...

Is Mewtwo going to get a second coming (or third coming as it were) to put him into the spotlight again? Possibly helping right some wrongs in the Pokemon world, to show off as a hero, maybe even have this end up being parlayed into a Smash 4 appearance for him?

...I'm literally trembling right now. This could very well be one of the single greatest things to happen to the Mewtwo fandom in years.

Yeah, I really want this to happen, and not be some minor plotpoint like Mewtwo in Mastermind of the Mirage, Mew in Movie 8, the shiny beasts in Movie 13, etc. It would make Gen V go out with a big bang. Although, I almost don't want this to happen since we wouldn't be getting the 4Kids actor. :p

But new Eeveelution, cool.

I'd honestly say it'll be a letdown if it's typing were Dragon.
They could've done a whole lot more for it, but yet again, nothing has been confirmed.
They could've also done a whole more for any typing we haven't got yet, (design wise)
but for some reason i believe it'll be an aggressive fighting type- with hope.

Charizard_Knight said:
I'd honestly say it'll be a letdown if it's typing were Dragon.
They could've done a whole lot more for it, but yet again, nothing has been confirmed.

I think we can rest assured that it won't be a Dragon-type. If it were, it would look more like this:

tns_044Falkor.jpg

There it's a bit of a frame of ninfia/nympheon in battle frame right above her ear, you can see her tail and back body, not much else. I also am fairly certain any Pokemon in this region with an X prominent pattern will be female, or gender differences will be a X pattern for females, and a Y pattern for males. This is based on the fact that the Y chromosome being present in the pair means male in humans. (XX is female, XY is male). If gamefreak does not include this on designs I will be surprised since the games are obviously DNA based.

One last note: I did not just join today, I forgot what email I used to login (I haven't been on these find for over a year) and after a few minutes of guessing I made a new profile. I have been a pokebeach supporter for about 5 years now though. Just not very social on forums lol.

I can't believe MEWTWO will be in the movie. WOW i haven't watched a single pokemon movie after that crappy 4th one with celebi. Even if this movie is crap i'll still watch it cause it has MEWTWO in it!!!

WOOT WOOT!!

p.s: that eevee evolution looks like someone had no imagination while they drew that crap!

in the new full picture, you can kind of see Ninfia using a move but I cant really see what it is, but it almost seems like a fire type attack...

I'm thinking that it will be a normal type that can only evolve from female. However, I don't think they will add a male counterpart. Eevee are 87.5% male at birth. So back in the days before pokesav, having a female eeveelution was "special". Now they will truly make that 12.5% a special kind?

Remember that one guy who was leaking a lot of RUMORS and also said EEVEE will have an EVOLUTION and stated that it would be a flying type ... darn well he got atleast 1 right. Let's see if it turns out to be a flying type afterall.

Seeing it in the image with the other eeveelutions is making me question that it's a Flying type. It really could be any type for all we know but looking at every other eeveelution its ridiculously obvious what types they are. Why isn't this one obvious? Could a new type really happen or are the bows supposed to represent wings and the ribbons the wind? Maybe there'll be a Heart type or something like from Captain Planet; it would tie into the whole new friendship/bond strengthening mechanic I guess.

EDIT: Or I guess the lack of type traits could mean Normal over anything else. I just don't understand why it'd look so different from Eevee in that case.

Perhaps it is Flying type. You might say "It'd have to have wings", but think about Shaymin. If it were Fighting, I would assume a more rugged appearance. Deep inside though, I'm really hoping it's not somehow a Normal type, 'cause i'd be kinda disappointed.

EDIT:
Not sure if somebody's done this, but i'll restate it anyway:
Vaporeon-29kg, Jolteon-24kg,
Flareon-25kg, Espeon-26.5kg,
Umbreon-27kg, Leafeon-25.5kg,
Glaceon-26kg
Ninfia is 23.5kg. Perhaps it's lighter because it's Flying type and floats like Shaymin?

The new Eeveelution is certainly cute! I can see why people might have a hard time taking a shine to it, but maybe I'm still just a little girl at heart.

I'll put my bet down on Flying-type as making the most sense, but then, evolutions and typings don't really make all too much sense all the time, so who knows.

If there is a new type, and this evolution is that type, I'd saw it's Cute type. >_>

Back