DMYSYS

Aspiring Trainer
TPC hasn't officially revealed the legendaries' typings. This is most likely the same thing as Zacian/Zamazenta, but looking at the color of the cards, they're prolly not gonna be dragon in the tcg
Oh? They haven't officially revealed it? Then yeah it's identical to Zacian/Zamazenta, they're not revealed so as to not give it away.

I wouldn't put any stock in the fact their 'color' is white here; Zacian/Zamazenta were also revealed as 'white' but then got changed to Metal. The bikes' types are Dragon/Fighting and Dragon/Electric.

EDIT:
I’ve seen the leaks (and I know that they’ve proven reliable), but officially they’ve not been shown by TPC. Until that happens, they’re probably going to remain ‘typeless’.
yeah my bad. I thought the types had officially been revealed already.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The holo pattern on the ex Pokémon looks like the sparkly star holo which I think was used on older cards? Based off what I've seen? I like it though ahha.

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
If you look closely, Koraidon ex and Miraidon ex have the galaxy holofoil used for the holos in Base Set, Jungle and Fossil!

Maybe that's the holo pattern that holo cards will use this generation?

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
Zacian and Zamazenta's typings weren't known at the time we saw their cards. We do already know the bike's typings, so there's no apparent reason to hide it – unless they're both Dragons and want to have some more will-they-wont-they about whether the Dragon type will be in the Gen 9 TCG block, or maybe they just haven't finalized/made up their minds.
We don't know the typings for the legendaries. They haven't been officially revealed.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
ex/GX style of evolution stages is a welcome return and what I was hoping for from the SV era. Kinda surprised they'd reuse the term especially given the confusion that could cause in Expanded with "Big Basic" EX, but I suppose it's thematically appropriate for Scarlet & Violet to bring back a mechanic from the past and modernize it.
Well, so the normal arts are no longer full arts.

The term "full art" didn't even make any sense when GX and V Pokemon were already full art, but this feels like a regression.
I thought that about regular art GX for the longest time, too, but then I realized there's that type-colored stripe behind the Pokemon's name and at the very bottom of the card that goes away in full arts. With regular art Vs the bottom type color blurs into the art and I'd say they're closer to 3/4th or maybe 7/8th art cards.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
They're gonna bring back GXs without the GX attack.

And yes I know this mechanic existed before the GX one.

Obviiious

Aspiring Trainer
On one hand I'm happy from a gameplay perspective there will no longer be 'basic' evolutions like they had with V-cards, but that all ex cards evolve from previous stages.

On the other hand from a collectors perspective I'm absolutly not thrilled about how the cards look. They look terrible with a ton of bad CGI instead of real art... I hope these are not final.

Hunga

Oh no! Rotation in sight
I'm all in for the new mechanic not beeing again the same EX from B/W era with another coat of paint!
I've totaly lost any interest in the TCG as a game thanks to it just beeing to slam "big basics" against "big basics" and hope to win.

Hope the power creep will be toned down a bit, so the game has some more years.

Ern05001

Aspiring Trainer
From the looks of things Mimikyu ex (basic) is 190hp, Lucario ex (stage 1) is 260hp, and the video showed Magnezone (stage 2) is 330hp. This is clearly to stay in line with the V era, but keeping HP in scale with the effort required to get them in. Having evolving 2-prizers again is pretty hype, allows for way more variety. The bike duo also look like good support, acceleration and basic search on what I presume are basics.
After the pokemon reveal im pretty sure they are at least stage 1 pokemon and it wont surprise me if they dont bring back rare candy once it rotates to make more effort required for the stage 2s given the high hp and comeback concept

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
"Additionally, the text for both Koraidon ex and Miraidon ex hide some type of unrevealed Basic Energy and Pokemon type. This unrevealed mechanic may have something to do with the TCG’s version of the Terastal Phenomenon from the Scarlet & Violet games."

Or... you know... to hide what type they themselves are.

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
It's the crystallized Tera-Type ex teaser at the very end of the trailer for me. Reminds me of how they teased VMax cards with the SwSh block. Seems like they're gonna do either:

1) ex but also delta species w/ type changing shenanigans on evolution
2) ex with a Tera type Level X/VMax-inspired card you place on top of an existing ex
3) multiple prints of pokemon with a normal ex and a tera ex (might lead to more bloated sets tho XD)

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Love Miraidon ex! A new basic search. Only works for a certain type pokemon though but still a promising card for turbo set up!

Koraidon for any basic energy seems fun to play. I'm guessing there'll be a tera crystal item to change the type for both Koraidon & Miraidon depending on what crystal you put into your deck. Kinda like the type discs for Sylvally GX. But it'll probably only last for a few turns 💎♦️

I'm so POG for the next gen TCG! 😍💥

Last edited:

dineinunes

Buzzwole Appreciation Account
After the pokemon reveal im pretty sure they are at least stage 1 pokemon and it wont surprise me if they dont bring back rare candy once it rotates to make more effort required for the stage 2s given the high hp and comeback concept
Rare candy is not rotating, It never did and most likely never will.