fleshrum

Cephalophore
So I think all the big non-evolving basics that are actually stage 2s--from EXs to Vs--would feel way, WAY better to play against if they were more like Alolan Vulpix here. Neat, strong effects on a card that isn't necessarily a legend or a fully evolved mon. No reason Garchomp EX couldn't be Gabite EX right? more of this please.

GrayAnt213

Aspiring Trainer
I like Delphox (and I guess braxien too). It's a combination of the Charizard from vivid voltage and the Luxray from brilliant stars, not to mention Serena is really good. It can be used for a twin, DTE, or you can magma basin to it.
I also like the kirlia line. It's another 90hp trade card, and while the gardevoir might not be the best, you could pair the kirlia with a past gardevoir or gallade and make it work well
(But seriously, the chilling reign gardevoir essentially does the same thing without discard, and can attach energy).

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
A bit of a translation change here:

Klang: Gear Saucer > Gear Grind, its evolution line's signature move in the. main games.

Frost

Ice/Fairy Stan Account
No reason Garchomp EX couldn't be Gabite EX right? more of this please.
The reason is that Alolan Vulpix is popular and especially because it's associated with a popular character in the anime, while Gabite is neither compared to Garchomp. If not for the Trainer Gallery and the Lillie connection (so they can shove her into another CSR), they wouldn't have given A-Vulpix a VSTAR regardless.

Last edited:

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Well, I feel like a lot of these revealed cards are tailor made for me!
- A character rare drawn by Naoki Saito? ✅
- A new shiny Jirachi? ✅ I don't quite know why it's one of my favorite shinies, but I just love it.
- A hand drawn Alolan Vulpix V and a gorgeous Vstar? ✅ (With the potential of a character rare with Lillie!)
- And not only a character rare Gardevoir with Diantha, but the base version is drawn by Mitsuhiro Arita? ✅✅ Even though I've since gotten over it, this makes my initial complaint of the previous Gardevoir character rare featuring a generic NPC instead of Diantha completely moot.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of the new character rares!

Bewear The TERRIBLE

Rogue TCG Player
Serena is the New Tate & Liza! Only much better. 🤩 Big contest fan here. So Serena for the tcg is like a gift from god. Can't wait for the Full Art! 😖 And Dawn really deserves a Supporter too! 👀

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Its impossible to have VSTAR CSR since its not like VMAX. VSTAR are Vs but Close-Up picture with 2/3 of the card being cut for VSTAR Power. Think about it. CSR VSTAR would just lose the bottom part of the artwork
It was rumored that the CSR was gonna be the Alolan Vulpix VSTAR, time will tell.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Well, I feel like a lot of these revealed cards are tailor made for me!
- A character rare drawn by Naoki Saito? ✅
- A new shiny Jirachi? ✅ I don't quite know why it's one of my favorite shinies, but I just love it.
- A hand drawn Alolan Vulpix V and a gorgeous Vstar? ✅ (With the potential of a character rare with Lillie!)
- And not only a character rare Gardevoir with Diantha, but the base version is drawn by Mitsuhiro Arita? ✅✅ Even though I've since gotten over it, this makes my initial complaint of the previous Gardevoir character rare featuring a generic NPC instead of Diantha completely moot.

Definitely looking forward to seeing more of the new character rares!
Glad to hear you're excited about the set! And also, SWSH12 isn't going to be quite as stuffed with filled thanks to a lot of the cards being rerouted into SWSH12.5! Are you considering collecting this set? Or perhaps even just buying the cards you like? I know you've been upset about how massive the recent sets have been, but this one seems to have piqued your interest!
Hoping that this set works out for you, even if it's harder to complete than Celebrations.

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
Glad to hear you're excited about the set! And also, SWSH12 isn't going to be quite as stuffed with filled thanks to a lot of the cards being rerouted into SWSH12.5! Are you considering collecting this set? Or perhaps even just buying the cards you like? I know you've been upset about how massive the recent sets have been, but this one seems to have piqued your interest!
Hoping that this set works out for you, even if it's harder to complete than Celebrations.
Really, it's the Trainer Galleries that have piqued my interest lately! So while I'm still not happy with massive sets, I've just been focusing on what I DO like and collecting those cards. The Trainer Galleries, the Amazing Rares, and even though I haven't bought any yet, the Radiant Pokemon--things like that and any other cards that I like the most, I'll try to get. And no longer keeping up with new sets also allows me to focus on completing older ones. Like recently, I got the last handful of holos to complete Jungle and Neo Discovery after all this time!

So as disappointed as I am with modern set sizes and as much as I miss opening packs, I've found my silver lining with collecting.

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Now stuff like Serena is something I truly like. Stuff that punishes the overuse of multiprize pokemon while allowing single-prize pokemon to get off scott-free, with a beautiful character attached? Sign me up. There are a few problematic interactions (like Manaphy in bench for bench or spread decks) but if they print something like Toy Catcher for 60-70 HP pokemon then that would be pretty damn cool.

I find it a bit weird that they are basically telling you to not play the stage 2 with Gardevoir and Delphox, as their stage 1s entirely outclass them regarding consistency, investment and damage (in the case of Braixen), but hey, I have always been a massive fan of Braixen and Serena so I'm delighted to play a deck with both of them. I left the game because the format didn't really appeal to me and Master Duel is incredibly generous with gems and f2p play compared to PTCGO (not to mention way prettier than PTCGO, let's not even mention the abomination that is Live), but stuff like this may get me to come back.

Dwarf240

Aspiring Trainer
Zarude --> 1* Game Freak loves introducing new Pokémon, but then make them underpowered or forgettable. Zarude is a great design of a Pokémon, but it has seen little to no success (outside Prereleases).

Delphox --> 3*/4*/4-5* if it can get past its Stage 2 issue, Delphox could be another great Stage 2 deck.

Reshiram V --> 3* (would be 4* if it did any damage with the first atrack) but Fire decks can use all the help they can find.

Alolan Vulpix V/Vstar --> 4*/5* yes, this can be played around; however, think about how many decks Vulpix walls (of the relevant ones, only Mew, F Pikachu, and Duraludon Vmax can get through). Also the main attack is Vulpix's own shred attack for 160 (2hko on everything with Belt) while walling a majority of decks. Alolan Vulpix Vstar will be a game changer and will be challenging Palkia for top water deck.
Gardevoir --> 2/3/3 (character artwork is great though) there is a 70 hp Ralts (ASR) to use instead; there is a Kirlia (CRE) that cheats other Kirlia into play, but could see a 1 of for the ability; the Gardevoir (CRE) that draws 2 plus accelerates the energy.

Meowstic --> 2*/4* the ability will be quite good, in a post Shady Dealings format, with grabbing multiple supporters can be quite useful, for instance Leon in Leon Zard, Serena with Delphox, Whitney (exp), and so on.

Radiant Jirachi --> 3-4* Great Ability if one can get the opponent to attack it. The attack, though risky, it could see some play in Thorton decks to corner the opponent to attacking Jirachi or risk a potential insta-kill.

Klinklang --> 2*/2*/4* Klinklang could have an argument for a 5* if 2 conditions are met (the former is the big one); either Scoop-Up Net (or viable replacement) survives rotation and/or Klink or Klang carry decent setup attacks/abilities.

Serena --> 5* Solid supporter for decks that require her in decks, plus a solid choice to add to the list of draw options (like Kamado, Zisu, and Zinnia) or use Serena as another Boss for V Pokémon.

Last edited: