Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Pokemon Japan has officially revealed S11a Incandescent Arcana! We first discovered its trademark in November 2021 and posted the first information about the set last month.
The set releases in Japan on September 2nd. It will feature 68 cards before secret rares. As posted before, the mascot is Alolan Vulpix VSTAR. This will be the first time an unevolved Pokemon is a VSTAR.

Incandescent-Arcana-200x200.jpg

1451_RRR023_037ROKONvstar-1-143x200.png

The set will continue to feature Character Rares and Radiant Pokemon, including those that aren’t fully evolved...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Nirvanna21

Mew.
You know how Pokemon GO set has the kickass Mewtwo and Dragonite V cards that were cheap as chips but just beautifully drawn? Looks like this set is double downing on that with my 3rd favourite Pokemon of all time, Vulpix!!!!!!! :D

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I wonder if they gave Alolan Vulpix V such a powerful free attack because Fire isn't popular competitively. Just three Pokemon V in play and you're hitting VMAX damage on anything weak to Water for no Energy.
Wait, do the Kirlia and Gardevoir have the exact same ability? Why?
Yes, it's the same Ability, and it's not a bad thing. It means you can evolve and still retain that very good Ability, or use it, evolve, and then effectively use it again. The only downside is that Gardevoir's attack is complete garbage, so there isn't much of an incentive to evolve, even with a good Ability.

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
I'll say it again: the Trainer Gallery is the best thing to happen to the TCG in a long while. They've been giving the exceptional team of artists so many opportunities to share their skill with the world, and I could not be more thrilled. That Gardevoir CHR is my current top pick from the set so far!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Zarude - meh. 2-3
Fennekin/Braixen/Delphox - I would take the Stage 1 than the Stage 2. Double Turbo, capable of KOing Vs is a pretty decent for a single-prized Pokemon tbh. I would really like it. 3/4/3-4
A. Vulpix V/VSTAR - Weird. But at least a potential tech card that are capable of KOing Pokemon V... we love those cards. VSTAR, eh... Don't like it. It rarely works. 4-5/4
Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir - First Cinccino, Second, Liepard. Now, this. At least Kirlia is searchable with Level Ball, unlike Liepard. Gardevoir, forget it. Stage 1 is better in this case. 3/4-5/4
Espurr/Meowstic - a nice pretty that will be shafted as times go by. 3/3
R. Jirachi - idk how that works but at least its workable. Like Spiritomb LOR. 3-4
Klink/Klang/Klinklang - pretty lovely ability.. it's on a Stage 2. I want turn 2 energy boom, smash! Now, we have to need Rare Candy for it. I wish it'll be good without RC. 3/3/3
Serena - Most of the time you need Gusting, Most of the time you need draw power. Pretty much an inclusion in meta decks like Arceus or Palkia. 5 Geodudes
Reshiram V - pretty standard stuff. OHKO Vs, move on, bois. 3-4

Last edited:

Merms

Aspiring Trainer
with 6 CHR and 2 CSR being the template, I feel like we'll get 2 characters for each of the four regions rumored in this set (hoenn, unova, kalos, alola). Here's my guesses:

6 CHR
braixen w/serena (confirmed)
gardevoir w/diantha (confirmed)
serperior w/rosa (edit: just noticed braixen being 69/68, will probably be a V then)
alolan golem w/hiker
metagross w/steven
milotic w/wallace

2 CSR:
reshiram v w/N
alolan vulpix v w/lillie

Last edited:

coolcorsola

Aspiring Trainer
I'll say it again: the Trainer Gallery is the best thing to happen to the TCG in a long while. They've been giving the exceptional team of artists so many opportunities to share their skill with the world, and I could not be more thrilled. That Gardevoir CHR is my current top pick from the set so far!
My worry is that once the Scarlet and Violet era hit that they’ll move away from CHR only to bring them back later in the gen. But who knows, maybe they’ll keep them around