'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

MuhQ

Aspiring Trainer
ewww rainbow rares are still a thing, UR is reasonable but I prefer the regular Octillery..Secret Rare Cheryl is nice too, but the Hyper Rare Korrina is yikes...

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
Cheryl is best waifu of the set and I will have to buy that FA Rapid Strike Urshifu or (if I’m lucky enough) pull one in a pack. I pre-ordered a booster box and ETB so lets see

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Noooooooo... I was hoping we would lose the Rainbow Rare supporters this year... always a disappointment pulling one, when it could have been the Full Art version

Although... it seems as if though the Special Arts (for Urishifu, at least) are a replacement for their Rainbow Rare versions! About time!

EDIT: er, nevermind! I guess there will still be 2 Rainbow Urishifu! Oh well...

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Noooooooo... I was hoping we would lose the Rainbow Rare supporters this year... always a disappointment pulling one, when it could have been the Full Art version
They really get the award for some of the most pointless and unnecessary cards ever printed. I don't know why supporters needed them. This is coming from someone who already never liked Rainbow Rares in the first place, but... I dunno, it just kind of gets in the way of the art. It takes away detail and shading for a tacky rainbow palette swap.

Although... it seems as if though the Special Arts (for Urishifu, at least) are a replacement for their Rainbow Rare versions! About time!
I'm glad they didn't take the Tag Team route with these where it's the regular, the Full Art, the Special Full Art, and the rainbow rare. That was way too much, and I'm glad they cut it down to just regular and Special Art. (I wish this could apply to more than just the Battle Style cards though, but... I'm glad they exist regardless).

EDIT: Or well... I guess with the VMAX's it's two arts. Regulars have three, but in this case... Not really complaining, more Empoleon is a good thing to me, lol.

EDIT yet again: Well... Never mind then. They didn't actually learn, and we continue to unnecessarily have VMAX rainbows for the Battle Style Pokemon. Bummer. Man, this would be a lot easier if rainbow cards didn't exist. 'least the special arts exist and are nice!

Last edited:

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer

Victini VMax is 82 while Urshifu VMax alt art is 84, so Urshifu VMax will have a Rainbow version.

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
At least we don’t have a lot of VMAX rares like TTGXes in the previous sets. A Full Art, an Alt Art and a Rainbow Rare is a bit too much for one card and for me felt a bit unnecessary...

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
The Kricketune full art is really cool with the music notes and sheet in the background

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I'm always amazed how many SR cards they've been cramming into these sets. 91/70? Literally 23.1% (almost 1 in 4 cards!) of the complete set is Secret Rares.

I guess the strategy is that more SR = more chase cards = more boxes sold? I pity the folks who are trying to complete these sets!

Last edited:

ShinxieDim

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb
I really wanted to complete this set, but I honestly can't be bothered. I would have to buy 12 expensive, ugly glitter covered cards, along with 6 golden cards and 6 more Full Arts than usual.

I had almost all of Plasma Blast a few months after it came out, simply from buying the elite trainer box and then a few boosters a week. But any recent set? Unless I was IMMENSELY lucky, I would have to sell my house to have a chance at pulling every card from boosters.