'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
I had almost all of Plasma Blast a few months after it came out, simply from buying the elite trainer box and then a few boosters a week. But any recent set? Unless I was IMMENSELY lucky, I would have to sell my house to have a chance at pulling every card from boosters.

This really resonates with me, and that's why I stopped even casually trying to complete sets in the XY era.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
Hopefully by the time these are out, one might actually be able to BUY Pokemon cards. At a store and everything.

My local Targets haven't had cards...virtually at all...in weeks.

The Fish

0.o
So, we were told we would get 60 battle styles cards in the English set. We got 36 unique ones in the combined Japanese sets. The remaining 24 were theorised to appear in Japan's March set, and we would get them in English at the same time.

Here we see 24 battle styles cards in the form of alt arts/secret rares.

IF these are the remaining 24, and we don't get 60 UNIQUE cards, then this is mildly problematic. In a 163 card set that is named BATTLE STYLES we are only getting 36 unique battle styles cards.

Tronedor

Aspiring Trainer
This set is going to be awesome I don't care what anyone says, already have my large pre order in!

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
So, we were told we would get 60 battle styles cards in the English set. We got 36 unique ones in the combined Japanese sets. The remaining 24 were theorised to appear in Japan's March set, and we would get them in English at the same time.

IF these are the remaining 24, and we don't get 60 UNIQUE cards, then this is mildly problematic. In a 163 card set that is named BATTLE STYLES we are only getting 36 unique battle styles cards.

I personally don't see this as a problem because I dislike the logos covering the art, but if they had put the logos somewhere less in-your-face I would agree with you :p

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
Oh man...I am so hyped for the alt art RS Urshifu V. Now I have to dish out cash for 4 cards (alt art and full art of Emploeon V, alt art for Ushifu V and VMAX). I feel like half of these are awesome while the rest are meh. Like the Octillary in my opinion is just OK. I'm just so glad there is not a Pikachu or Charizard in sight so hopefully the collectors/scalpers will stay mostly away from this set.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Its really weird that they are listing the full art/secret rare battle style cards as included in the 60. I think it must be the case since the 70 cards from each set will make up 140 of the 163, then the full arts from each set will make up 18 more and then the normal and full art honey cards will add 2 more leaving 3 spaces for other cards. Maybe the greedent V and dodrio V or any other unreleased cards?

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts

These are not the remaining cards in the English set and here's why. The Japanese sets both combined equal a total of 140 REGULAR cards. Yes, there is 24 SR cards here which brings the total to 164. The English set states "163+" what that translates into is 163 REGULAR cards PLUS SRs. So there is still another 23 REGULAR cards remaining for us. You should also note that the trailer that was released for the set in NA shows extra Pokemon in the end with their teams. Zeraora and Blaziken are shown on the RS side, while Tornadus and (cant recall off the top of my head) for SS.

Last edited:

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
These are not the remaining cards in the English set and here's why. The Japanese sets both combined equal a total of 140 REGULAR cards. Yes, there is 24 SR cards here which brings the total to 164. The English set states "163+" what that translates into is 163 REGULAR cards PLUS SRs. So there is still another 23 REGULAR cards remaining for us. You should also note that the trailer that was released for the set in NA shows extra Pokemon in the end with their teams. Zeraora and Blaziken are shown on the RS side, while Tornadus and (cant recall off the top of my head) for SS.
We know, based on the already revealed cards, that the set will have 163 cards in the set. Furthermore, with the confirmed cards, the remaining cards from the Japanese sets can be placed in the English set leaving no room for any new cards (except one Trainer Pokemon which is likely Honey). You can see the set speculation here.

Blaziken, Tornadus, Lycanroc, Sirfetch'd and Zeraora, will likely be in the next English set (with the remaining cards from Matchless Fighter). We know Blaziken V and Galarian Slowking V will be in Matchless Fighter, and I would not be surprised if any of these were the Single/Rapid Pokemon hinted at in the trailer.

Ilexon

Aspiring Trainer
Its really weird that they are listing the full art/secret rare battle style cards as included in the 60. I think it must be the case since the 70 cards from each set will make up 140 of the 163, then the full arts from each set will make up 18 more and then the normal and full art honey cards will add 2 more leaving 3 spaces for other cards. Maybe the greedent V and dodrio V or any other unreleased cards?
2 of the three could be the cinderace and rillaboom promos, no idea what the third could be

ApricornNut

Optimistic Trainer/Collector
Having (figuratively) grown up in Sinnoh, I’m just so pleasantly surprised by the Cheryl SRs! There’s a reason Ultra Prism was my favorite SM set, so seeing more beautiful Sinnoh FA Supporters coming out just makes me so happy!

Also gotta give props to the FA Bruno for completing the Johto Elite Four FA collection in style!

Phoebe’s FA debut is so colorful, you gotta love it!

Also have to give shoutouts to fan favorites like DELELELELE-WHOOOOOP and Necrozma getting snappy new FAs! What a haul for these two sets!

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
We know, based on the already revealed cards, that the set will have 163 cards in the set. Furthermore, with the confirmed cards, the remaining cards from the Japanese sets can be placed in the English set leaving no room for any new cards (except one Trainer Pokemon which is likely Honey). You can see the set speculation here.

Blaziken, Tornadus, Lycanroc, Sirfetch'd and Zeraora, will likely be in the next English set (with the remaining cards from Matchless Fighter). We know Blaziken V and Galarian Slowking V will be in Matchless Fighter, and I would not be surprised if any of these were the Single/Rapid Pokemon hinted at in the trailer.

See that's what I thought intially but thing is, the Pokemon Company does not include the SRs, alt art cards in the base number of cards. If the base number is 163, then a SR would be 164 and up. The base number in the Japanese sets combined is 140. But they have 42 SRs, so that brings the total amount of cards to 182. 42 SRs plus our 163 would be 205, so the last SR is the set will be numbered 205/163. Also, I highly doubt the Pokemon Company would count the SRs as part of the 60 Battle Style cards they promised. Japan's Matchless Fighters set is coming out in March. So it could make sense for us to get some of those cards in Battle Styles which launches March for us

The Fish

0.o
See that's what I thought intially but thing is, the Pokemon Company does not include the SRs, alt art cards in the base number of cards. If the base number is 163, then a SR would be 164 and up. The base number in the Japanese sets combined is 140. But they have 42 SRs, so that brings the total amount of cards to 182. 42 SRs plus our 163 would be 205, so the last SR is the set will be numbered 205/163. Also, I highly doubt the Pokemon Company would count the SRs as part of the 60 Battle Style cards they promised. Japan's Matchless Fighters set is coming out in March. So it could make sense for us to get some of those cards in Battle Styles which launches March for us
Only the Japanese sets dont include full arts. English sets do include full arts and alt arts in the main set number.

Mistwalker

Master of Martial Arts
Only the Japanese sets dont include full arts. English sets do include full arts and alt arts in the main set number.
Man, I don't know how I didn't see that before but ok I was thinking full arts were not included for some reason. So gold cards and rainbow rares are not included correct?

The Fish

0.o
Man, I don't know how I didn't see that before but ok I was thinking full arts were not included for some reason. So gold cards and rainbow rares are not included correct?
Correct. Honestly I'm really hoping you're somehow right, but I really don't see how that could happen at this point

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
HEY! 5BAN graphics wasn’t BAD! They (the Pokémon Company International) just needed some variety! But I’m glad that they reserved the 3D graphics exclusively for the standard artwork V’s (and of course the VMAX’s).
I’ve been laboring to complete XY Evolutions and was thinking that I would never attempt any other set completion project, but this set has me wanting to collect at least all the non-Ultra Rares! And perhaps the Alt arts. And maybe Shiny Octillary. At the very least!

Pone

Delta Species is best species
Cool 42 secret rares. I've lost even more will to bother collecting this set.