'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Platinum Espresso Falinks Fanatic
    Platinum Espresso

I really, really like the Empoleon V Alt. Empoleon looks like a dad with it's 6 unruly children and I adore it

Clam, JayMankey and The Fish like this.

2. Clam Almost decent
    Clam

The "Rulebox" is hopefully what pokemon is probably going to say in something such as "This attack does 30 damage to all pokemon who have rulebox's (Pokemon GX, Pokemon V, etc have ruleboxes)" another example of this would be Empoleon V's ability, you can read the translation of that for yourself. I have a question though would this change effect non GX/V pokemon such as Prism as they have a rulebox to tell the player how they are played?

3. iam10pm Aspiring Trainer
    iam10pm

No Amazing Rares?

The Fish likes this.
  4. hervul Aspiring Trainer
    hervul

I feel the sets contain 95% of filler which will not see play. Happy to see Level Ball though. Kingdra could also be fun to play.

5. hervul Aspiring Trainer
    hervul

Yes, it will include Prism (and Break). This discussion was held when they revealed Empoleon V some weeks ago.

6. Chimecho3000 Aspiring Trainer
    Chimecho3000

Good point. Is weird if they are counting they FA and especially the SR versions, when the other numbers they use (eg. 12 Pokemon V) doesn't include them.

steffenka likes this.
  7. Diego Lima Aspiring Trainer
    Diego Lima

My godness, these are absolutely gorgeous, especially Empoleon (I'm biased here as he's my favorite pokémon, but hey...c'mon now, it IS beautiful, isn't it?)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    JayMankey likes this.
  8. MagnaDrake Aspiring Trainer
    MagnaDrake

Kingdra's ability is really good on paper but sad to see it's stuck on a Stage 2.

9. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

Necrozma V laser go zap

10. gargvarun041 Aspiring Trainer
    gargvarun041

Good point. Is weird if they are counting they FA and especially the SR versions, when the other numbers they use (eg. 12 Pokemon V) doesn't include them. 9apps cartoonhd apk

11. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

Okay, about how much would you estimate these things to cost in English? Because I’m thinking I might try completing this set and I’m wondering how much of an investment it would be and how much card completion for this (or any) set I’m willing to commit my budget to.

12. Charmaster:) The Cube Master, Charmander fan, & Lapras rider.
    Charmaster:)

They want to make the mechanic last a couple of sets.
    Speaking of scandals, however, I’m still sad they’ve already given up on Amazing Rares.

13. JustInBasil Grass-Type Gym Leader
    JustInBasil

News Staff Member

14. UrGardevoir_callsmeMaster Aspiring Trainer
    UrGardevoir_callsmeMaster

Cute girls on my pokemon cards, I like.

15. The Waifu tax will be strong with these ones

16. Hunga Oh no! Rotation in sight
    Hunga

I consider phoebes mouth as creepy...
    Sorry dear!

17. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

Korrina will be in a fair few decks I think

18. CrownAxe Aspiring Trainer
    CrownAxe

No it will not. We've had this card before (Bianca) and it's not that good, especially without ultra ball to easily decrease hand size.

19. Hydroi-gon Casual Player
    Hydroi-gon

I agree with that to be honest.
    Lillie was pretty similar, but the only reason it was played (from my amateur player guess) was because it could easily draw up to 8 cards turn 1. Not to mention the fact we had Tapu Lele-GX and Ultra Ball. Ever since the new turn 1 rules and rotation came out, it saw little to no play at all, even in Expanded.

MuhQ likes this.
  20. Alex Leblanc Aspiring Trainer
    Alex Leblanc

If decks play Octillery then they will potentially play a 1 or 2 of Korinna to prevent from dead drawing imo. If you have no hand you can search it with sushi master and then draw your hand back up.

MuhQ and The Fish like this.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?