'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Clam

Almost decent
The "Rulebox" is hopefully what pokemon is probably going to say in something such as "This attack does 30 damage to all pokemon who have rulebox's (Pokemon GX, Pokemon V, etc have ruleboxes)" another example of this would be Empoleon V's ability, you can read the translation of that for yourself. I have a question though would this change effect non GX/V pokemon such as Prism as they have a rulebox to tell the player how they are played?

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
I feel the sets contain 95% of filler which will not see play. Happy to see Level Ball though. Kingdra could also be fun to play.

hervul

Aspiring Trainer
The "Rulebox" is hopefully what pokemon is probably going to say in something such as "This attack does 30 damage to all pokemon who have rulebox's (Pokemon GX, Pokemon V, etc have ruleboxes)" another example of this would be Empoleon V's ability, you can read the translation of that for yourself. I have a question though would this change effect non GX/V pokemon such as Prism as they have a rulebox to tell the player how they are played?
Yes, it will include Prism (and Break). This discussion was held when they revealed Empoleon V some weeks ago.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
Regarding those 60 cards:

36 in the main Japanese sets
2 Empoleon FA
2 Tyranitar FA
2 SS Urshifu FA
2 RS Urshifu FA
2 SS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
2 RS Urshifu VMAX FA/RR
8 FA/RR Supporters (Korrina, Bruno, Mustards)
4 likely SR Golden Items/Energy
60 Total

Good point. Is weird if they are counting they FA and especially the SR versions, when the other numbers they use (eg. 12 Pokemon V) doesn't include them.

Diego Lima

Aspiring Trainer
My godness, these are absolutely gorgeous, especially Empoleon (I'm biased here as he's my favorite pokémon, but hey...c'mon now, it IS beautiful, isn't it?)

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Okay, about how much would you estimate these things to cost in English? Because I’m thinking I might try completing this set and I’m wondering how much of an investment it would be and how much card completion for this (or any) set I’m willing to commit my budget to.

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
No Kecleon? It was litteralt advertised on a poster and it’s not here! No lycanroc either which a friend of mine likes a lot. Don’t scam us like this, Pokemon!
They want to make the mechanic last a couple of sets.
Speaking of scandals, however, I’m still sad they’ve already given up on Amazing Rares.

Hydroi-gon

Casual Player
No it will not. We've had this card before (Bianca) and it's not that good, especially without ultra ball to easily decrease hand size.
I agree with that to be honest.
Lillie was pretty similar, but the only reason it was played (from my amateur player guess) was because it could easily draw up to 8 cards turn 1. Not to mention the fact we had Tapu Lele-GX and Ultra Ball. Ever since the new turn 1 rules and rotation came out, it saw little to no play at all, even in Expanded.

Alex Leblanc

Aspiring Trainer
No it will not. We've had this card before (Bianca) and it's not that good, especially without ultra ball to easily decrease hand size.
If decks play Octillery then they will potentially play a 1 or 2 of Korinna to prevent from dead drawing imo. If you have no hand you can search it with sushi master and then draw your hand back up.