Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
VOTE COLOURS!
The interesting stuff is in the vote history. I'll post my analysis separately.

Day 1
Celever (5) - Amici, MegaPod_781, Jadethepokemontrainer , scattered mind, Fiery_Lugia
Ephemera (2) - Vom, bbninjas
bbninjas (1) - Ephemera
Amici (1) - Celever

Day 2
MegaPod_781 (3) - bbninjas, Jadethepokemontrainer , Vom
bbninjas (2) - MegaPod_781, scattered mind
Ephemera (1) - Amici
Amici
(1) - Ephemera
Not Voting: Fiery_Lugia

Day 3
Amici (3) - Ephemera, Jadethepokemontrainer , bbninjas
scattered mind (1) - Vom
Not Voting: Amici, Jabberwock, scattered mind

Vote History:
#20-Celever voted bbninjas
#23-Amici voted Celever
#27-Ephemera voted Celever
#30-Vom voted Fiery_Lugia
#32-Ephemera voted Vom
#41-Ephemera voted Ephemera
#42-Ephemera voted Vom
#47-Vom voted Ephemera
#51-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#55-Celever voted Ephemera
#81-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#102-bbninjas voted Ephemera
#120-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#123-Ephemera voted MegaPod_781
#139-MegaPod_781 voted Ephemera
#151-Scattered mind voted Amici
#162-Ephemera voted Celever
#244-MegaPod_781 voted Celever
#249-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Celever
#268-scattered mind voted Fiery_Lugia
#276-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#288-scattered mind voted Celever
#297-Celever voted bbninjas
#302-Fiery_Lugia voted Celever
#304-Celever voted Amici
#308-MegaPod_781 voted bbninjas
#320-scattered mind voted bbninjas
#348-bbninjas voted MegaPod_781
#353-Amici voted Ephemera
#357-Vom voted scattered mind
#358-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#390-Jadethepokemontrainer voted MegaPod_781
#392-Ephemera voted Amici
#395-Vom voted MegaPod_781
#404-Vom voted scattered mind
#405-Ephemera voted Amici
#418-Jadethepokemontrainer voted Amici
#420-bbninjas voted Amici
#453-Jabberwock voted scattered mind
#454-Ephemera voted Jabberwock

Quoting once more for convenience.
Jabber ISO coming as soon as someone can tell me how close to EoD jabber's vote on Vom was, and same for Vom's vote on scattered.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
Day 4

Vom (2)-bbninjas, Jabberwock
scattered mind (1)-Vom
Jabberwock (1)-Scattered mind
Not Voting: Ephemera, Jadethepokemontrainer

#513-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#517-bbninjas voted Vom
#538-Ephemera unvoted bbninjas
#566-scattered mind voted Jabberwock
#567-bbninjas unvoted Vom
#574-bbninjas voted Vom
#587-Ephemera voted Jabberwock
#607-Ephemera voted scattered mind
#613-Ephemera unvoted scattered mind
#624-Vom voted scattered mind
#651-Jabberwock voted Vom

wait. why'd bb unvote Vom then revote????

Ephemera

just a little longer...
posted the D4 count again because it's on the previous page and i'm lazy to switch back and forth.

let's check D1 votecounts/vote history

I imagine scum don't want to vote their teammate D1... that doesn't tell me much, only people who voted Mega D1 were me/Jade, and lol pointing out your own towntells

gonna think a little more about stuff.

In general:

bb has had literally only one target per day. I don't know for sure but it doesn't look good in hindsight. D1 was me, D2 was Mega, D3 was Amici, D4 was Vom.
with the amount of bb's posting in thread, you'd expect him to vote around a little more??? i think?

to be fair, scattered and jabber don't have the best voting histories either, but it's kinda strange that bb literally only voted one person per day, every day.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
@bbninjas why'd you remove your vote on vom, then put it back a few posts later?

since no one seems to be telling me the times yet i'll do the jabber iso now and you guys can roast correct me later

that's how it usually works for my reads anyhow ._.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
It’s been barely 24 hours! Don’t write me as frozen. Going to post when I get the time today.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I'm lost.

Seriously - I have no idea who's the scum here. I don't think scumJabber would have any reason to vote Vom instead of me and so it's just unlikely that he is scum. I switched to Vom because quite frankly - No body is likely to be scum so I just had to trust the one big case even though it had holes in it. Because as it seems right now- everyone has a lot of townie points going for them.

bbninjas is the one who made the case on Mega - talked a lot about the possible plan of vom to bus - maybe he did the exact thing?
Ephemera voted Mega early on and throughout the game had a lot of townie and scummy points by others. Did he vote Mega early to get the towncred later on?

Jabberwock changed the vote on me to vom. Did he do that knowing that flipping me as town will lead him to be the only suspect? Actually that makes a lot of sense because the town points that I gave him back then were because I was sure that was MYLO. If he is scum he knew that it is not.

As for the case on me- Basically you need to stop judge me as a perfect townie player or scum - there is the other option - a town player that screw up sometimes or doesn't have the time to post things in the right time you expected. I think I commented on everything you guys told me but I will read back if there are any other questions.

##VOTE:Jabber

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Day 4

Vom (2)-bbninjas, Jabberwock
scattered mind (1)-Vom
Jabberwock (1)-Scattered mind
Not Voting: Ephemera, Jadethepokemontrainer

#513-Ephemera voted bbninjas
#517-bbninjas voted Vom
#538-Ephemera unvoted bbninjas
#566-scattered mind voted Jabberwock
#567-bbninjas unvoted Vom
#574-bbninjas voted Vom
#587-Ephemera voted Jabberwock
#607-Ephemera voted scattered mind
#613-Ephemera unvoted scattered mind
#624-Vom voted scattered mind
#651-Jabberwock voted Vom

wait. why'd bb unvote Vom then revote????

I think that's because I argued about his case and made him understand it is problematic and then he found new points to refute the problems and voted again adding those points.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
@scattered mind why'd you try to last-minute switch to Vom?

Explained above.

My issue with scattered's vote is predominantly because it was so last minute. Why was it so last minute? scattered said they were checking the thread to see if their was merit to the Vom case an hour before EOD, why did it take an hour for scattered to return the convo?

Umm.. Life? I do try to focus on my game when I play, trust me, but sometimes I need to do other things. Like when my mom calls and thinks it would be great to talk on the phone for 30 minutes.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
However, Jabber broke the tie between my wagon and scattered's, regardless of if he counted on scattered voting after him or not. scattered's vote didn't end up being counted because it was right after game freeze, but this shouldn't have too much weight because it was posted almost simultaneously.

Knowing as scum that the game will not end, he preferred to switch to you to leave me for the next day and finish the town. Voting me at that time would have mean leaving him as the only valid option following the next day.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
Number one — while I did scumread scattered, bb very much did not, for reasons he elucidated in an earlier post but which I hadn't had time by the end of D4 to do more than skim. I'd held a pretty strong townread of bb all game, and so I placed enough stock in whatever he was thinking that I wasn't prepared to follow through with the scattered elimination without further discussion. We just didn't have time for that discussion.

You did not need bbninjas vote to eliminate me. bbninjas would have realized when we were close to a tie and would have switched to me by EoD. Why did choose to trust his case over your own? even if you think bbninjas as townie as hell in your pov you are the towniest as town and should trust your insticts first, especially when you say yourself that you didn't understand the case on vom fully.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Which brings me to number two — you presented a plan earlier in the Day to cheat our way out of MYLO and gain an extra Day: eliminate a player who we figured had been primed, denying scum the chance to kill enough town to achieve parity during N4. I didn't think when you presented the plan that it would end up being at all useful; there were too many risks (if the player we eliminated was town but not primed, we flat-out lose), and the extra Day just didn't seem worth it. But I remembered the plan, and by the end of D4, the extra Day seemed necessary. As noted, we didn't have enough time to reach a consensus as a town on who the remaining scum was
I seem to recall a certain someone early on saying why would we need an extra Day. :UU
While I agree that you should not just dismiss me as town, the bolded is a bit of a fallacy since followers are just as responsible as leaders for who gets eliminated; I'm not more responsible. No scum has been eliminated in the last two days, and so everyone in this game has been involved in two miselims or unknown-elims back-to-back. And so, by this logic, everyone should be FoS for not eliminating scum yet.
You're not "more responsible" for the eliminations, but as you put them on the table in the first place that does deserve more FoS than the people agreeing with your points.
So after I unvote scattered, wagons look like:

scattered mind: jabber
jabberwock: scattered mind
vom: bbninjas

Then vom puts her vote on scattered (@Vom can you tell me how close this was to EoD?) and wagons are

scattered: 2
jabber: 1
vom: 1

then near EoD jabber switches vote (@Jabberwock how close to EoD?) to Vom, which gets her eliminated.
My vote was 50 minutes before deadline, Jabber's vote on me was 3 minutes before.
I imagine scum don't want to vote their teammate D1...
I mean, that's a legitimate way to get towncred late-game. For example, if I'd voted Mega D1 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been eliminated yesterday.
I switched to Vom because quite frankly - No body is likely to be scum so I just had to trust the one big case even though it had holes in it. Because as it seems right now- everyone has a lot of townie points going for them.
But you actually don't explain your switch here - this is way too generic. What made you switch from your scum?read (that you are still pursuing today!) to me, your townread. The issue is not that there holes in the case, is that you said those holes were too big earlier, but came back at the literal last second to vote me.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
But you actually don't explain your switch here - this is way too generic. What made you switch from your scum?read (that you are still pursuing today!) to me, your townread. The issue is not that there holes in the case, is that you said those holes were too big earlier, but came back at the literal last second to vote me.

Because I was sure that it was MYLO and that meant Jabber move was impossible to explain as scum- which meant he was locktown for me leaving you as the other wagon close to EoD.

Vom

livin' in a lonely world
Forum Mod
Because I was sure that it was MYLO and that meant Jabber move was impossible to explain as scum- which meant he was locktown for me leaving you as the other wagon close to EoD.
You literally explain his move as scum right here, not to mention your vote is on him right now.
Knowing as scum that the game will not end, he preferred to switch to you to leave me for the next day and finish the town. Voting me at that time would have mean leaving him as the only valid option following the next day.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
You literally explain his move as scum right here, not to mention your vote is on him right now.

Me now- knowing that the previous day was not MYLO
me then- Sure that that day was MYLO

I don't know how to explain more vom.

Ephemera

just a little longer...
oh god please multiquote work i don't want to put them in again...
YES it worked

okay now for a Jabber ISO, starting from around the time when I left thread, maybe a little before.

edit, two hours later: this is awkward. I took a break, left my jabber quotewall alone, then came back and proceeded to forget not only what I was going to say, but also my general impression and read on him.

uh
welp
._.

I sorta recall that I was gonna check his progression on Vom and the idea of eliminating someone who's primed.
I'll get to it tomorrow – hmu if you wanna discuss the EoD, the more eyes looking at that the better.
Sleep first though – I have to keep some semblance of a schedule.

scattered: not painting you as frozen, I just thought it might be a possibility. Given your posting now I think it's not the case anymore.

JadeGemTM

In terms of water, we have water
Forum Mod
jade. come on. you're locktown. please come guide us misguided villagers and help root out the last scum
Sorry, life has picked up for me recently and I'm trying to get here as much as possible but its been a lot :U

I'm not writing off anyone as town (duh), but right now I feel pretty good about Ephe and bbn. If I had to list it out (rainbow?) it would look something like this:
bb
Ephe
Scattered/Jabber

This puts Scattered and Jabber at the bottom right now. I'll skim through their posts respectively and see what I might be able to get from that. I also haven't read bb's case on Scattered from yesterday yet, so that too. Scattered's last minute vote on Vom is still sus to me. I read parts of bbn's case on Vom and I could maybe see it? But I still thought Vom was town and Idk how we're still alive today. Oh well, that's pretty irrelevant now I guess. We've got today and that's what matters.

I'll get to it tomorrow – hmu if you wanna discuss the EoD, the more eyes looking at that the better.
Sure, I'll read through that again because for me the day ended by trying to skim through bbn's Vom case and then getting called away by my mom :U

Seriously - I have no idea who's the scum here. I don't think scumJabber would have any reason to vote Vom instead of me and so it's just unlikely that he is scum.
##VOTE:Jabber
Wait... huh? Did I... miss something here?

Also, from yesterday:

I just really want this day to end and see who was the scum so I can applaud them. Seriously good game.
I'm not entirely sure why but lol this reminds me of the "cast a rogue vote in BB and then post about wondering who cast the rogue vote." Just like, I don't really see the point in saying this if you're town? If you're town I don't think you'd want the day to end like that when you don't even have an idea who scum might be.

Might not be anything but best to put the thought out there than leave it be. :shrug:
Reading what I said I would now.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
I'm not entirely sure why but lol this reminds me of the "cast a rogue vote in BB and then post about wondering who cast the rogue vote." Just like, I don't really see the point in saying this if you're town? If you're town I don't think you'd want the day to end like that when you don't even have an idea who scum might be.

The point is to flatter the scum for a great game. It's fluff. there was no point for the game itself.

Scattered mind

Forum Mod
The point is to flatter the scum for a great game. It's fluff. there was no point for the game itself.

But I will add to that in relation to the game itself- the scum is indeed smart for focusing on priming instead of killing - leaving as many players alive to hide among them throughout the game. If I understood the mechanic correctly- that is an interesting strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.