Finished Mafia LXI: Forest Fire: Game Over!

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by NinjaPenguin, Jul 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

Quoting once more for convenience.
    Jabber ISO coming as soon as someone can tell me how close to EoD jabber's vote on Vom was, and same for Vom's vote on scattered.

2. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

Day 4

Vom (2)-bbninjas, Jabberwock
    scattered mind (1)-Vom
    Jabberwock (1)-Scattered mind
    Not Voting: Ephemera, Jadethepokemontrainer

#453-Jabberwock voted scattered mind
    #454-Ephemera voted Jabberwock
    #513-Ephemera voted bbninjas
    #517-bbninjas voted Vom
    #538-Ephemera unvoted bbninjas
    #566-scattered mind voted Jabberwock
    #567-bbninjas unvoted Vom
    #574-bbninjas voted Vom
    #587-Ephemera voted Jabberwock
    #607-Ephemera voted scattered mind
    #613-Ephemera unvoted scattered mind
    #624-Vom voted scattered mind
    #651-Jabberwock voted Vom

wait. why'd bb unvote Vom then revote????

3. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

posted the D4 count again because it's on the previous page and i'm lazy to switch back and forth.

let's check D1 votecounts/vote history

I imagine scum don't want to vote their teammate D1... that doesn't tell me much, only people who voted Mega D1 were me/Jade, and lol pointing out your own towntells

gonna think a little more about stuff.

In general:

bb has had literally only one target per day. I don't know for sure but it doesn't look good in hindsight. D1 was me, D2 was Mega, D3 was Amici, D4 was Vom.
    with the amount of bb's posting in thread, you'd expect him to vote around a little more??? i think?

to be fair, scattered and jabber don't have the best voting histories either, but it's kinda strange that bb literally only voted one person per day, every day.

4. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

@bbninjas why'd you remove your vote on vom, then put it back a few posts later?

since no one seems to be telling me the times yet i'll do the jabber iso now and you guys can roast correct me later

that's how it usually works for my reads anyhow ._.

5. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

It’s been barely 24 hours! Don’t write me as frozen. Going to post when I get the time today.

6. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

I'm lost.

Seriously - I have no idea who's the scum here. I don't think scumJabber would have any reason to vote Vom instead of me and so it's just unlikely that he is scum. I switched to Vom because quite frankly - No body is likely to be scum so I just had to trust the one big case even though it had holes in it. Because as it seems right now- everyone has a lot of townie points going for them.

bbninjas is the one who made the case on Mega - talked a lot about the possible plan of vom to bus - maybe he did the exact thing?
    Ephemera voted Mega early on and throughout the game had a lot of townie and scummy points by others. Did he vote Mega early to get the towncred later on?

Jabberwock changed the vote on me to vom. Did he do that knowing that flipping me as town will lead him to be the only suspect? Actually that makes a lot of sense because the town points that I gave him back then were because I was sure that was MYLO. If he is scum he knew that it is not.

As for the case on me- Basically you need to stop judge me as a perfect townie player or scum - there is the other option - a town player that screw up sometimes or doesn't have the time to post things in the right time you expected. I think I commented on everything you guys told me but I will read back if there are any other questions.

##VOTE:Jabber

7. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

I think that's because I argued about his case and made him understand it is problematic and then he found new points to refute the problems and voted again adding those points.

8. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Explained above.

Umm.. Life? I do try to focus on my game when I play, trust me, but sometimes I need to do other things. Like when my mom calls and thinks it would be great to talk on the phone for 30 minutes.

9. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Knowing as scum that the game will not end, he preferred to switch to you to leave me for the next day and finish the town. Voting me at that time would have mean leaving him as the only valid option following the next day.

10. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

You did not need bbninjas vote to eliminate me. bbninjas would have realized when we were close to a tie and would have switched to me by EoD. Why did choose to trust his case over your own? even if you think bbninjas as townie as hell in your pov you are the towniest as town and should trust your insticts first, especially when you say yourself that you didn't understand the case on vom fully.

11. Vom Shocking Puns
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

I seem to recall a certain someone early on saying why would we need an extra Day. :UU
    You're not "more responsible" for the eliminations, but as you put them on the table in the first place that does deserve more FoS than the people agreeing with your points.
    My vote was 50 minutes before deadline, Jabber's vote on me was 3 minutes before.
    I mean, that's a legitimate way to get towncred late-game. For example, if I'd voted Mega D1 I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have been eliminated yesterday.
    But you actually don't explain your switch here - this is way too generic. What made you switch from your scum?read (that you are still pursuing today!) to me, your townread. The issue is not that there holes in the case, is that you said those holes were too big earlier, but came back at the literal last second to vote me.

12. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Because I was sure that it was MYLO and that meant Jabber move was impossible to explain as scum- which meant he was locktown for me leaving you as the other wagon close to EoD.

13. Vom Shocking Puns
    Vom

Forum Mod Member

You literally explain his move as scum right here, not to mention your vote is on him right now.

14. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

Me now- knowing that the previous day was not MYLO
    me then- Sure that that day was MYLO

I don't know how to explain more vom.

15. Ephemera Faerie of the Viridian Forest
    Ephemera

oh god please multiquote work i don't want to put them in again...
    YES it worked

okay now for a Jabber ISO, starting from around the time when I left thread, maybe a little before.

edit, two hours later: this is awkward. I took a break, left my jabber quotewall alone, then came back and proceeded to forget not only what I was going to say, but also my general impression and read on him.

uh
    welp
    ._.

I sorta recall that I was gonna check his progression on Vom and the idea of eliminating someone who's primed.
    I'll get to it tomorrow – hmu if you wanna discuss the EoD, the more eyes looking at that the better.
    Sleep first though – I have to keep some semblance of a schedule.

scattered: not painting you as frozen, I just thought it might be a possibility. Given your posting now I think it's not the case anymore.

16. Jadethepokemontrainer We're on the edge of greatness~
    Jadethepokemontrainer

Forum Mod Chat Room Staff Member

Sorry, life has picked up for me recently and I'm trying to get here as much as possible but its been a lot :U

I'm not writing off anyone as town (duh), but right now I feel pretty good about Ephe and bbn. If I had to list it out (rainbow?) it would look something like this:
    bb
    Ephe
    Scattered/Jabber

This puts Scattered and Jabber at the bottom right now. I'll skim through their posts respectively and see what I might be able to get from that. I also haven't read bb's case on Scattered from yesterday yet, so that too. Scattered's last minute vote on Vom is still sus to me. I read parts of bbn's case on Vom and I could maybe see it? But I still thought Vom was town and Idk how we're still alive today. Oh well, that's pretty irrelevant now I guess. We've got today and that's what matters.

Sure, I'll read through that again because for me the day ended by trying to skim through bbn's Vom case and then getting called away by my mom :U

Wait... huh? Did I... miss something here?

Also, from yesterday:

I'm not entirely sure why but lol this reminds me of the "cast a rogue vote in BB and then post about wondering who cast the rogue vote." Just like, I don't really see the point in saying this if you're town? If you're town I don't think you'd want the day to end like that when you don't even have an idea who scum might be.

Might not be anything but best to put the thought out there than leave it be. :shrug:
    Reading what I said I would now.

17. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

It's called progression of thoughts...

18. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

The point is to flatter the scum for a great game. It's fluff. there was no point for the game itself.

19. Jadethepokemontrainer We're on the edge of greatness~
    Jadethepokemontrainer

Forum Mod Chat Room Staff Member

Nods at me completely missing the middle point you made...

My bad.

20. scattered mind Competitive VG Forums Mod
    scattered mind

Forum Mod Member

But I will add to that in relation to the game itself- the scum is indeed smart for focusing on priming instead of killing - leaving as many players alive to hide among them throughout the game. If I understood the mechanic correctly- that is an interesting strategy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?