'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Flygonite

Meta/budget player
Clunky, it only works on benched pokemon and it needs the opponent to be using a V-max deck. Could be a niche tech but I see people overhyping it.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Banette - this dude sneakily KOs Vs for 2 prizes. Only works if you devolve a VMAX. The prob are, 1.) It works on the bench 2.) VMAX decks might probably run Mallow & Lana to heal, so you can't KO, you can use like Mimikyu to stop healing. 3.) One-time deal, okay solvable via Scoop Up Net. 3-4
He'll be in the meta.I'm sure.
VMAX decks might run Mallow & Lana. But if you refer to like Rillaboom, who are Stage 2s, this is the counter to Rare Candy.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
You could play something like the new Ampharos V or Morpeko Vmax to hit the active and spread then use something like Phione to force an active switch. The Phione gets the active Pokemon out more efficiently than wasting a boss on it.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
7 card packs? Is this not one of the main sets? (Darkness Ablaze isn't either, so it seems weird to have two this close)

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Wasn't Shining Legends 2017, Dragon Majesty 2018, and Hidden Fates 2019? They seem pretty well spaced out, unless I'm forgetting something
Ah, now I get it. You're getting Japan and International mixed up. Legendary Heartbeats is a Japanese set. Darkness Ablaze is the next international main set. In 2018 and 2019, Japan had sets releasing every month of the year, following a pattern of main-side-side. For 2020, with the exception of this special set as an extra one, Japan is getting a side-set between main-set releases.

Dravinator

Aspiring Trainer
Ah, now I get it. You're getting Japan and International mixed up. Legendary Heartbeats is a Japanese set. Darkness Ablaze is the next international main set. In 2018 and 2019, Japan had sets releasing every month of the year, following a pattern of main-side-side. For 2020, with the exception of this special set as an extra one, Japan is getting a side-set between main-set releases.
Thanks for clarifying! In that case, are the Amazing Rares still being released internationally? I'm looking forward to using that Jirachi.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks for clarifying! In that case, are the Amazing Rares still being released internationally? I'm looking forward to using that Jirachi.
Legendary Heartbeats will probably be turned into the mini-set/side-set for the year around September.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I believe the energy effect can stack with multiple energies? Porygon-Z won't rotate and there's a lot of cool Special energies coming out.

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
Looks like Fates Collide got came back in Legendary Heartbeat.
Both expansions have Perfect Zygarde and a Special Fighting Energy.

taigercub

Aspiring Trainer
If Zygarde did 10 more damage then he could one shot an Eternatus Vmax with a karate belt and any 2 energy why couldn't they at least let it do that.