'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 25, 2020.

1. NicoNoo Meta/budget player
    NicoNoo

Clunky, it only works on benched pokemon and it needs the opponent to be using a V-max deck. Could be a niche tech but I see people overhyping it.

SableyeGuy likes this.

2. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Banette - this dude sneakily KOs Vs for 2 prizes. Only works if you devolve a VMAX. The prob are, 1.) It works on the bench 2.) VMAX decks might probably run Mallow & Lana to heal, so you can't KO, you can use like Mimikyu to stop healing. 3.) One-time deal, okay solvable via Scoop Up Net. 3-4
    VMAX decks might run Mallow & Lana. But if you refer to like Rillaboom, who are Stage 2s, this is the counter to Rare Candy.

3. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

In both chases,Banette will be a good staller.

4. Waynzhi Aspiring Trainer
    Waynzhi

I thought the release date would be the 10th of July. Did I miss smth?

5. Tytus Expanded Best Format
    Tytus

You could play something like the new Ampharos V or Morpeko Vmax to hit the active and spread then use something like Phione to force an active switch. The Phione gets the active Pokemon out more efficiently than wasting a boss on it.

6. Dravinator Poké Fanatic
    Dravinator

7 card packs? Is this not one of the main sets? (Darkness Ablaze isn't either, so it seems weird to have two this close)

7. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Miiiiight wanna sneak a peek at how many cards are in the set x3

8. Dravinator Poké Fanatic
    Dravinator

76 cards, that makes sense. It's unusual to have two side sets this close

9. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

Forgot 2018 and 2019 already?

10. Dravinator Poké Fanatic
    Dravinator

Wasn't Shining Legends 2017, Dragon Majesty 2018, and Hidden Fates 2019? They seem pretty well spaced out, unless I'm forgetting something

11. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

Ah, now I get it. You're getting Japan and International mixed up. Legendary Heartbeats is a Japanese set. Darkness Ablaze is the next international main set. In 2018 and 2019, Japan had sets releasing every month of the year, following a pattern of main-side-side. For 2020, with the exception of this special set as an extra one, Japan is getting a side-set between main-set releases.

Dravinator likes this.
  12. Dravinator Poké Fanatic
    Dravinator

Thanks for clarifying! In that case, are the Amazing Rares still being released internationally? I'm looking forward to using that Jirachi.

13. Mimikeon Aspiring Trainer
    Mimikeon

Legendary Heartbeats will probably be turned into the mini-set/side-set for the year around September.

14. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

15. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Eternatus shall fear my fighting dojo and stone energy boosted Whiscash

16. Gameguard Aspiring Trainer
    Gameguard

Dojo only works with basic fighting energy sorry

17. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

I believe the energy effect can stack with multiple energies? Porygon-Z won't rotate and there's a lot of cool Special energies coming out.

Clam and Holden Sheeks like this.
  18. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

Looks like Fates Collide got came back in Legendary Heartbeat.
    Both expansions have Perfect Zygarde and a Special Fighting Energy.

PurgeEmoji123 likes this.
  19. taigercub Aspiring Trainer
    taigercub

If Zygarde did 10 more damage then he could one shot an Eternatus Vmax with a karate belt and any 2 energy why couldn't they at least let it do that.

SlamTheHuman likes this.
  20. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

hahAAA but my Whiscash shall ALSO have a regular energy attached to it

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 3 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?