Japan's March Set: 'Rebellion Crash,' Plus Toxtricity V, Charizard VMAX, Grimmsnarl VMAX!

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Scyther/Scizor - 120 for 1 energy is nice but you are hitting limited weakness now. So what? And also, its hard to spam this atk. 3/3
  • Heracross - ehh??! 2-3 Geodudes
  • Lotad/Lombre/Ludicolo - I love this ability will make Stage 2s easy to send out turn 1, For Twin Energy, 300 dmg. 2/3-4/3-4
  • Surskit/Masquerain - ehh?! 2/2
  • Phanthump/Trevenant - ehh?! 2/2
  • Eldegoss V - Not as good as Shaymin and Tapu Lele, but it'll be a new staple. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Applin/Flapple - Nice to drop dmg. 3/4
  • Ninetales V - Nice that you can copy atks, for 3 energy tho. 3-4
  • Magmar/Magmortar - Lucky if you pull 280 and KOing ADP territory. 3/3-4
  • Litwick/Lampent/Chandelure - T1 NO WEAKNESS, T1 SPIRIT BURNER! 3/4/4
  • Heatmor - ehh?!! 2
  • Wingull/Pelipper - ehh?!! 2/2
  • Milotic V - with some tricks like Galar Mine and Frosmoth, you can land huge dmg turn 2. 4 Geodudes Bring Jirachi for early turn setup
  • Tympole/Palpitoad/Seismitoad - ehhh? Do I even like this. 3/3/2-3
  • G-Darumaka/Darmanitan - Do I even like this? 3/3
  • Eiscue - eh 2-3
  • Voltorb/Electrode - ehh. Marnie exists. Literally 4-of. 2-2
  • Electabuzz/Electivire - Speed Energy. 3/3
  • Shinx/Luxio/Luxray - Love this "Top Deck" abilities become gimmicks. 160 for 1 energy. 3/4/4
  • Toxtricity V/VMAX - I already mentioned on how good this is. 3/4
  • Morpeko - eh. 1
  • Clefairy/Clefable - ok. 3/3
  • Sigilyph - techable. 3
  • Sandygast/Palossand - mill mill. 3/3
  • Hattena/Hattrem/Hatterene - 1. Jessie & James weak but stackable ver. 2. Stage 2 Spiritomb. 3/3/3-4
  • Dragapult V/VMAX - For more Damage... 4/4
  • Nosepass/Probopass - ok. 3/3
  • Meditite/Medicham - eh. 2-3/2-3
  • Barboach/Whiscash - 140 for 2 Energy. Nice (dmg mods don't count).3/3-4
  • Galarian Yamask/Runerigus - you can do this once per turn. 3/3
  • Rolycoly/Carkol/Coalossal - Decent F accel that we need. 3/3/4
  • Stonjourner - 180 for 5? No! 180 for 3, heck yes! 2-3
  • Koffing/Galarian Weezing - its the weak version of Garbotoxin where you don't need a tool but you must be in the active. Its Wobbufet. And with Boss' Orders being on the same set, this can be easily countered. Sorry. We also have the nerfed Float Stone in the format. 3/4
  • Trubbish/Garbodor - Auto-Poison. 3-4
  • Falinks V -Nice card, might see some use. 4-5 Geodudes
  • Spiritomb - how to turn 1 this main atk? 3-4
  • Vullaby/Mandibuzz - ehh?! 2/2
  • Malamar V/VMAX - Epic comeback atkr. 3/4
  • Durant - might see some use. 3
  • Copperajah V/VMAX - It might have the expensive atks, but it has the tank! With 1 Perrserker and Vitality Band, can straightly KOs Zacian. 3-4/4
  • Snorlax - is this a joke? 1
  • Chatot - just play Eldegoss for guarantee chance not this trash. 2
  • Pidove/Tranquill/Unfezant - ehh?! 2/2/2
  • Stufful/Bewear - ehh 2/2
  • Skwovet/Greedent - even though you can search tools using Adventure Bag, Greedent must be in the Sword & Shield Base Set not here. 2/3
  • Dan - It's rare to have a card that draws 4. 3
  • Boss' Orders - 5 Geodudes
  • Tool Scrapper - 5 Geodudes
  • Nugget - 3
  • Cursed Shovel - Mill. 3
  • Oleana - Its Team Rocket's Sneak Attack but it wasn't the same. 4
  • Scoop Up Net - 5
  • Galar Mine - see some uses. 3-4
  • Speed Energy, Horror Energy, Capture Energy - good special energy cards will have some uses in some decks. 4/4/5

Last edited:

P3DS

UK VGC Regs Champ 2015
Could you check coalossal's translation. You say it gets from discard, but also shuffles deck?

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
Coalossal's ability literally reads:

"Use this once per turn. Search your trash (discard pile) for up to one of each - fighting and fire energy, attach them to your Pokemon as you like."

Nothing about shuffling your deck.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Wait... can ninetails v use altered creation? If it does would it need a water energy attached to get the full effect?

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not trying to crap on any cards. I'm very disappointed that Milotic got such a bad card because it's one of my favorite Pokémon. As it looks right now though, nothing is going to be as good as mill.

I guess I dont get why Milotic V is so bad? 50 per retreat cost, plus we have a stadium that increases retreat costs, plus we have absol, plus we have Frosmoth. It may not be t2 or anything, but it could be fun... no?

Keeper of Night

Nobody Special
Yeah I'll build Palossand, one of my favorite pokes anyway, but god. Mill was fun because there was usually only one real way to do it in a meta, and it was always like... An off choice. Now we have Cinccino, Palossand, and Centiskorch if that gets wings in the upcoming fire support set later this year. Dunno how I feel about mill being pushed like that.

But every fiber of my being wants to make Flapple/Sableye V work. There's a way. I can feel it. Grovyle LOT with Net/Quick Ball engine?
Edit: Forgot Turrfield exists. Definitely making this deck.

A lot of these cards feel really basic though. The top-decking is a little weird, but gives a reason to play middle stages? I can only see this being really useful if like, a split evo line had it. Gloom for example. If I needed to play both Vileplume and Bellossom for some reason, I could bench some Oddish and also Oranguru some Gloom into play, consistently be playing Pokemon to evolve into either evolution later. Rare Candy could, in theory, allow you to have a full 6 final evos from the same line in play.
...Obviously we don't see that here, so I'll just stick my 1-0-1 Chandelure line into RillaboomBox and call it a day.

Last edited:

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I'm not trying to crap on any cards. I'm very disappointed that Milotic got such a bad card because it's one of my favorite Pokémon. As it looks right now though, nothing is going to be as good as mill.
Milotic V is one of the most exciting cards from this set. Energy Cost are not a barrier with the ridiculous acceleration we have now - all you need is a Welder and one Rainbow/Aurora energy to start attacking. It eats fire decks for breakfast, it needs just one Absol + Galar Mine to OHKO Zacian V and ADP.

Grass-Type Farm Owner

Aspiring Trainer
Wait... can ninetails v use altered creation? If it does would it need a water energy attached to get the full effect?
Yes. TTGX bonus effects are considered part of the text and not the attack cost. Same ruling was made with Nightcap Nihilego (e.g. you need 3 Lightning Energy on to hit the bench with Tag Bolt).

don()shinobi

PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
Well that explains the original Falinks hsving interactions with cards "with Falinks in [their] name".

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Eldegoss V: I could see this as a one-off in decks but to me it seems much less od a stable compared to Tapu Lele GX.
Flapple: The ability is interesting but it seems like a lot of work to recycle it.
Ninetales V: Great addition to Fire decks especially if the already run Team Up Ninetales.
Milotic V: Could be the center of a nice deck with Galar Mines and Forsmoth.
Eiscue: Nice ability and spread damage.
Toxtricity V: Much better than the promo version.
Toxtricity VMAX: I expect this to be a deck on its own with Garbodor.
Clefable: Interesting ability
Pallosand: Great mill cards with Cursed Shovel.
Hatterene: Interesting cross between Vespiquen and Jessie and James.
Dragapult V: Nice cheap attacks and swarmable with Malamar.
Dragapult VMAX: While the damage output is low it could be able to out-speed the opponent.
Coalossal: Interesting ability but not entirely sold on it due to welder being much easier to use.
Falinks V: Could be a deck on its onw but not sure how effective it will be.
Galarian Weezing: There is a combo with Toxicroak from SW1 but not sure if the poison damage output will be sufficient.
Garbodor: Instant addition to Toxtricity decks.
Malamar V: Love the art but not entire sold on the card.
Malamar VMAX: Maybe a nice deck with Jessie and James.
Copperajah V: Needed to evolve into Coperajah VMAX.
Copperajah VMAX: Could maybe be a deck on its own with Galarian Perrserker and Duraludon.
Chatot: The ability is at least interesting.
Scoop Up Net: Great in single prize decks.
Tool Scrapper: Great one or two-off in most decks.
Cursed Shovel: Great with Pallosand and Bellelba & Brycen-Man.
Boss’s Orders: Stable two to three-off in almost all decks.
Galar Mine: Nice disruptive stadium that works great with Milotic or status effects.
Speed Energy: Great addition draw for Lightning decks.
Horror Energy: Great in Malamar decks especially those who also run bulkier Pokémon V.
Capture Energy: Great addition to our card pool especially for decks that also have colorless attack costs.

CharizaedXbest

Aspiring Trainer
are we all gonna just skip over beware? "throw your opponant across the room" don't mind if i do
*gets banned from all tournamnets untill the end of days*

Sparkeagle

Aspiring Trainer
Lampent, Lombre, and Luxio all have the Top Entry ability and are stage 1s. They are also L named so I wonder if we'd get Lairon, Galarian Linoone, and Loudred as they are the remaining L stage 1s

Clam

Almost decent
Im gonna play pallosand mill not cause its good or anything I just wanna play a pallosand

bunnybird12

Aspiring Trainer
Lots of good cards. Mill just got better, unfortunately.

Also, I love Milotic V's artwork. It'll be fun to play with since it does have damage potential and Frosmoth is a thing.

Clam

Almost decent
Oh I think i see a annoying deck Luxray then scoop up net then ordinary rod to put back the Luxeo into the deck search it out use orangaru and put it on top and then attack again its not gonna work like 90% of the time but when it does work its gonna be a pain to deal with